But first things first, on Tuesday we went to Toddler Tuesday with Nolan and Logan. They got there first so they got in line. We were really far back even though they got there super early. Curious George has a lot of fans! We took turns waiting in line as long as we could. We didn't make it to the 10:00 meet and greet so we had to wait an additional half hour for the 11:00. We all did really good waiting in line. Snacks helped a lot. Then at 11:05 it was our turn to give George a big hug. I went first since I'm the seasoned professional when it comes to hugging big stuffed things.
I was so enthralled with George that I wouldn't look at the camera. Next it was Nolan and Logan's turn. Nolan wanted nothing to do with George. Logan was ok until he got close to George and he started to cry. I was really thankful for my friends to wait in line with me all that time because I was the only one that ended up having fun. After that adventure we went to eat at Chipotle. Logan threw Nolan's taco on the ground. Our mommies just had to smile as taking three toddlers out to lunch, there is bound to be some sort of incident. This time, it was a taco on the ground.
On Wednesday morning we got up bright and early for school. My school is now two hours long, once a week. Next year I'll be old enough for pre-school!!
I met my new teachers and saw some old friends and made some new ones. I made two art projects. Mommy could tell that I've matured over the summer as I spent a lot more time on my art projects. We had circle time where we sang songs and did finger plays. After snack it was separation time. I had no problem when Mommy had to leave. I'm an old pro at separation now. Quite the change from the first day of school last year!! When Mommy picked me up I was riding a tricycle all by myself. I am just such a big girl now.
On Thursday I got to see TWO babies! In the morning we went to see baby Vivian and her mommy. Vivian napped most of the time we were there. I look forward to playing with her once she is big enough to play.
After my nap we went over to meet baby Kyrkja. She was adopted by our assistant pastor and his wife recently. We are SO happy for them as they have been waiting for a sweet baby like Krykja for a very long time. The most exciting thing that happened for me was getting to hold her! When we got to their house, I started exploring. Mommy asked me "Megan where are you going?" To that I said, "I find the baby!" Once I found the baby, her mommy said, "Megan do you want to hold her?" and I said an enthusiastic, "Yyyyyes!!"
I held her for a really long time. I was so enthralled that I couldn't even look at Mommy with her camera. The baby touched my face and I thought it was so neat! Later when I was telling Daddy about the experience I told him that I "carried the baby". To me, holding is pretty much like carrying.
I have a very wild imagination and love coming up with little scenarios to play. This week I was really into being a "ballerine." Mommy kept correcting me and saying "It's ballerina" but I couldn't be convinced. I'm a ballerine! On this particular day I made up a ballet about my little lamb (shown on my head in this photo) who needed to go home to Mary who lived in a castle.
What else is new?
- I went poop on the potty tonight! Everyone was thrilled. I got a big present as promised. My parents are hoping that I can increase the occurrence rate to more than once every 2-3 weeks. If I keep getting good presents, I think that may just happen!
- Oh I almost forgot to tell you about swimming school! I started swimming lessons on Wednesday night. It's our Daddy-Daughter activity for the fall. I did great! There is only one other little girl in our class so it's almost like a private lesson. I really enjoyed it. The goal is for me to put my head under water by the end of the session. We will see!
- Dance class started this week too. I have my same teacher but we are in a new classroom. The teacher talked to my mom after class and said, "Would you have believed a year ago that Megan would become a leader in class?" Last year I was so shy. Now I'm super outgoing--and a pretty good little dancer! I am very good at following my teacher. And now I've been called a leader!
Have a good week!
Megan
No comments:
Post a Comment