Look what I got in the mail....... my class of 2027 shirt! I can't wait for Kindergarten!
This is me at my dress rehearsal for my dance recital. I got a trophy because I've been dancing for 3 years! I can't wait for my next trophy!
One of the big accomplishments of the month was learning to ride my bike without training wheels. There was a lot of drama, many tears, many "HELLLLPP!!!" cries, but I did it. The first time I rode by myself it was because the ice cream man came by and I all of a sudden forgot about being scared and just followed him down the street. Then after that I wouldn't ride my bike again which was frustrating to my parents because they knew I could physically do it. I was just letting my emotions get the best of me. Mommy noticed that when I was practicing I kept looking down so she had an idea. Daddy was behind me offering physical support, and Mommy was in front of me, running backward, carrying Andrew because he didn't like being left out of this. I focused on chasing Mommy (and Andrew) and what do you know? I rode my bike. That gave me confidence and now I'm riding all over the place and no one needs to chase me or I don't need to chase anyone. I can just do it.
Daddy took me out for frozen yogurt at Cherry Berry to celebrate riding my bike.
We went to BW3 for dinner on this night. I liked my hat. Andrew wasn't too thrilled with his.
I got to pick out a new bike once I learned on my old bike. My old bike was my neighbors and it was pretty beat up and bent. It was good for learning...but not flashy. My new bike is Disney Princess themed (go figure!) complete with pom poms, a bell, and a basket.
One day we took Andrew to Toddler Story time. I really enjoyed singing the songs. Andrew wasn't really too into it. Afterward we got to play at the play area at the library and that is always great fun.
My friend Ari and I ran in a race at our future elementary school.
Ready to race!
And the big finish!
After my race I jetted off to my buddy Nolan's birthday party. He had it at a bowling alley. It was my first time bowling and I did pretty good! I got a 67!
One morning we went to the grocery store. We went to a different one than we usually go to. I was so excited when I saw they had pink car carts. And don't I just look fancy on this day? It's your typical grocery shopping outfit, no?
Andrew, Mom and me took a little mini vacation to Grandma's for a few days. I was so excited!! I was really thrilled when we went to this park and Mommy told me she used to slide down this same slide when she was little!
The best part of Grandma's in the summer is being right next door to the pool. I spent hours at the pool and had such a good time. I told Mom, "When I grow up I'm going to move to Wells and be a lifeguard at the pool."
This is Daddy and me on Father's Day. Andrew refused to be in the picture.
I started taking ice skating lessons this summer. Talk about a "cool" summer activity. My buddy Brynn is also taking lessons so that was a fun surprise. We both fell a lot, but we'll get the hang of it.
Brynn and I after skating was done. We were both tired and had sore butts. The next morning at breakfast I was sitting funny in my chair. Mommy told me to sit up and I said, "I can't! My butt really hurts!" So I got a dose of ibuprofen and was feeling better.
Tapping away to Achy Breaky Heart..
It only took a lot of thermal active setting spray and half a can of hairspray but Mom got my hair curled!
Tap, tap, tap!
Our ballet dance..Me and My Teddy Bear
My 3's preschool teacher Miss Jackie was my special guest at the recital
Hugs with Grandma and Grandpa
Andrew stayed home with a babysitter since he naps in the afternoon (and really doesn't sit for any length of time).
My buddy Arianna and I all dressed up for our recital!
My first activity of the summer was Frozen Theater Camp. It was an interesting week full of "drama" but in the end, it was really fun and we gave a great performance.
The highlight of my week was getting to meet Elizabeth Ries from Twin Cities Live. I love watching Elizabeth on TV and she is just as nice in person as she is on her show. We hit it off and are great friends now. I really want to invite her to all family outings and gatherings from now on. My parents said they weren't sure her schedule would permit that....
Just chatting away with Elizabeth. And guess what folks?! Elizabeth talked about me on TV today and showed our picture!! She told everyone about how it was my half birthday on Saturday and that I'm 5 1/2 now. She is so awesome!!!! And now I'm pretty much famous.
The event was at Patio Town and they had a guy "Patio Pete" there to greet the kids.
And if that wasn't cool enough, today on Twin Cities Live, Elizabeth talked about meeting me and shared our picture on TV! I couldn't believe it!?!?! I was jumping up and down yelling "I'M ON TV!!"
Here is the video clip
Mommy and Daddy's lesson for Children's Devotional at church was about Nehemiah and rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. I decided to make Jerusalem out of blocks including such features as the fish gate, horse gate, etc. Reg the Regions Hospital mascot served as Nehemiah. And in true Roman fashion, Andrew destroyed the walls once again...
Catch you later!
Megan





















No comments:
Post a Comment