
Hello!
It's another lovely Sunday afternoon and here I am blogging. This week we took a bit of a "breather" and didn't go out of town. We have been gone the last few weekends and it was time to just hang out in the metro area. I had another case of the Mondays this week after a fun 4th of July weekend having lots of people to play with me. Mondays after holiday weekends are always such a let down. It's back to the old grind and Mommy keeping me on schedule. Mommy kept thinking that maybe I was getting a tooth because I was so grouchy but it turned out that I just woke up on the wrong side of the crib I guess as I don't have any pearly whites yet! This is me modeling my new outfit from Mike and Heather. They gave it to me when we visited them in Connecticut last month for Mike's Change of Command. They thought I needed a good Navy outfit.

On Thursday night Mommy and I headed to Boston Scientific to watch Daddy in his first volleyball game of the year. Mommy took a picture with her cell phone and it's always a bit difficult to get sent to the computer so I'll post it later when we get that done. Anyway it was super fun to watch the game. Mommy and the other wives don't seem to pay that much attention the the games as they never knew the score and had to ask who won in between games. Apparently going to the volleyball games is more of a social outing than a spectating situation. In fact we had to ask Daddy if they ended up winning the whole match to report in the blog. Daddy seemed a bit disappointed that we didn't know so next week we are going to try harder to pay more attention. I ended up watching the game in my t-shirt and diaper because I had an "accident" and Mommy had just taken out my extra outfit in my diaper bag to make room for more toys since I rarely have accidents that late in the day. Oops! On Friday Mommy and I headed back to Boston Scientific to have lunch with Mommy's former co-workers. Usually we go out to lunch but this time we picked up lunch and ate it in the training room. I liked this a lot better because I got to play on my blanket on the floor and roll around. Plus I got to see lots more people this way and show them my tricks. This picture is of me and Mommy's friend Xay. She used to fix all of Mommy's computer problems and was very patient with all of her Excel issues.

I love playing with my cups. It's one of my favorite things to do. I will have you know that I DID NOT put this cup on my head. I would never do something sooo ridiculous!

On Saturday we got out to enjoy the beautiful weather. We decided to have a picnic by the Mississippi River near downtown Minneapolis. On our way we tried to stop at Erberts and Gerberts to get sandwiches. The one by us closed awhile ago and Mommy and Daddy were disappointed by that. We were REALLY disappointed to see that the Erberts and Gerberts near the U of MN was apparently torn down as it was now an empty lot. We opted for Potbelly sandwiches instead. Then we went on a bit of a wild goose chase to get to our picnic spot. A main road is closed around there and we couldn't figure out how to get to our picnic spot for the longest time. I was getting really impatient with it all. Mommy said that my crying in the backseat wasn't helping us get to our picnic any faster. Finally we found a way and we had a great time. Here is me eating carrots. I'd rather have a sandwich but alas no teeth.

This is the lighthouse near downtown Minneapolis. Daddy couldn't believe he has lived in Minnesota for five years and had never seen it before!

This morning I went to the nursery at church for the first time. Mommy and Daddy had their first time back in Nursery 2 which is the one to one and a half year olds. I went to Nursery 1 which is newborns-1 year. Mommy put me down for a nap when we got there. When I woke up she was gone but there were nice ladies to take care of me. They gave me a bottle and played with me. I was a very good girl. Daddy got moved to Beginners 1 which are the 2-3 year olds and Mommy was in Nursery 2 so they didn't get to be together. This happens a lot when other nurseries need more help. Daddy had 28 kids in his nursery! This is Daddy and me at home after church with our nametags on. I felt like such a big girl with my official nametag!
Below are two videos of me just being me! One of them shows my two favorite things to do... play with my feet (more accurately take off my socks or just pull on my socks and suck on them so they are soaking wet...that way Mommy just takes them off and I get to suck on my yummy toes!), and spit. I love spitting. Mommy said if I was a rapper my name would be "Spitty Cent" and my hit single would be "In Da Crib." Daddy said my rapper name would be Young MV. You can tell that my daddy is more "old school" when it comes to rap.....
No comments:
Post a Comment