Sorry my blog is late. I was gone all weekend and then we had an eventful night last night. On our way back from Wells we hit bad construction and our normally 2 hour 15 minute drive turned into over 3 hours. That wouldn't have been so bad but I woke up from my car nap and was not happy the last 50 minutes or so. I didn't stop crying until we turned onto our street. Mommy tried all her tricks but the only thing that made me happy was her pretending to sneeze. She should have tried that 45 minutes earlier... Then when we got home Mommy was going to go to Urgent Care because she was sick but they were all closed so she had to go to the Emergency Room. Daddy got to give me dinner, a bath, and put me to bed. I kept waking up to see if Mommy was home yet and if she was ok but I guess ER visits take a long time. I gave up after awhile and was able to greet her at 3:30 a.m. She was still feeling sick so after a few minutes Daddy had to take over and put me back to sleep. I was so glad that she was feeling a little better this morning because stay-at-home Mommies can't take sick days. I think she might need a union to renegotiate her contract!
This is me posing on the couch. I'm working on my modeling skills.
This week we had severe weather twice! It hailed on Tuesday but it was only pea sized. Mommy and I watched it hit the porch and it was fun to watch. Then on Thursday or Friday (I don't remember which) we got gumball sized hail which you can see in the picture. On the news they were calling it golf ball sized but Mommy said those would be pretty small golf balls. She thinks that people tend to exaggerate the size of hail. This hail was really noisy and a little scary. I got to defer my nap for a half hour though so that was cool.
One of my new favorite things to do is to pull things into my crib through the slats. I can get the elephant ears in usually. Mommy thinks it is funny and says I'm like a little hamster. She told me a funny story about Uncle Steve leaving his winter coat too close to the hamster cage and finding it scratched up and the stuffing used for a nice nest for the hamster. Mommy said that Grandma was NOT happy with Uncle Steve and didn't think the story was as funny.
This is me helping Mommy fold laundry. I wasn't very good at it!
On Saturday we headed to the cabin. Daddy wanted to go on his sailboat. He had a very successful ride as it was good wind and there were hardly any other boats on the lake so he had lots of room to maneuver. I took a cabin nap. It wasn't very long because the cabin walls are pretty thin and I tend to be a light sleeper. Uncle Steve suggested wearing his noise cancelling headphones. They were cool but I don't think I could sleep with them on.
I really liked Grandma's cold water bottle. I liked to suck on it. Grandma said I looked like I was eating an ear of corn. Silly Grandma! You need teeth to be able to do that and I still am not showing any signs of getting a tooth!
After the afternoon at the cabin we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house. Here is me with a present that Grandma got me for Christmas. Guess she is celebrating Christmas in July because I got it already!
On Sunday Mommy and Nolan's mommy threw a baby shower for their friend Amy. Amy is having a baby boy and her due date is 9/9/09! I think that is pretty fun! I stayed with Daddy through most of the shower but we came at the end to say hi to everyone. Here is me and Nolan. The shower was pretty eventful as I got my first kiss! Now judging from this picture you would think that it came from Nolan. Not so! I met a new boy named Henrik. Henrik really liked me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and he kissed my hand. He is 2 months older than Nolan. Mommy didn't get a very good picture of Henrik so I can't show you how cute he is!
I saved the best for last. I'm crawling now! Well mostly "Army Crawling" as I haven't quite figured out how to get up on all fours. Mommy attempted to get some video of it on Friday. I tended to quit crawling once she started filming. Then since she was using the digital camera the memory card would fill up and would cut out just when I was doing some good crawling. So here are 2 videos. One is of me laughing at my bunny and not so much crawling. And the other one shows me doing my moves. I'm even better this after a couple of days of practice. I love my new way of traveling. It lets me do so much more stuff. For instance I can now get into the entertainment center and turn on the Wii! Enjoy!
I saved the best for last. I'm crawling now! Well mostly "Army Crawling" as I haven't quite figured out how to get up on all fours. Mommy attempted to get some video of it on Friday. I tended to quit crawling once she started filming. Then since she was using the digital camera the memory card would fill up and would cut out just when I was doing some good crawling. So here are 2 videos. One is of me laughing at my bunny and not so much crawling. And the other one shows me doing my moves. I'm even better this after a couple of days of practice. I love my new way of traveling. It lets me do so much more stuff. For instance I can now get into the entertainment center and turn on the Wii! Enjoy!
Callum has the same pelican toy! I was trying to burp Callum and when he heard Megan's video playing, he immediately turned his head and started watching the screen! Love the cat going after the bunny!
ReplyDeleteNice army crawling skills!!