
Hello!
Check out my new Nikes! I got new shoes this week since it is getting cold out. Mommy thought I needed something on my feet when we went outside. I'm still not walking yet so they aren't really necessary for that. They are more for warmth than anything else. They are size 4.5. I measured a size 4 but since I'm not using them for walking and I am growing everyday, they recommended me get the bigger size. They'll be fitting perfect in no time.

The kitties and I haven't been getting along very well lately so I decided to read up a bit on cat training to see if I could get them to like me better. Unfortunately I still can't read so the book really wasn't that helpful. Most of the day Alex and Ashley try their best to get away from me but every once in awhile I'm successful in pulling a tail or grabbing some fur. Ashley is patient with me but Alex hisses. Mommy and Daddy said they had never heard Alex hiss before now and he is almost 3 years old.

This week I discovered toilet paper! Oh is it fun! You just pull on it and it keeps going and going and going....

I'm tall enough to play the piano all by myself now. Mommy and I do duets and I usually sing. I like to stick to the higher octaves. At the end of the blog is a video of me playing one of my original compositions. I think Mozart started composing music at 5 and I'm less than 1 so I think that is pretty impressive if I do say so myself!

On Friday night we went over to Nolan's house so his mommy and daddy could go to a movie. This is a picture of us playing nicely together. This didn't last long. You see, Nolan didn't like it when I played with any of his toys. He would try to take them away and then I would burst out crying (I'll admit, I'm a little sensitive these days due to my teething). So Mommy and Daddy brought out my toys to play with. Nolan liked to play with my toys and I got really mad! Megan doesn't share toys! Mommy and Daddy were suprised that I was so aware of which toys were mine and which ones were Nolan's because I didn't mind it one bit when he played with his own toys but as soon as he got near my toys, I let everyone know I wasn't happy! My parents were so surprised because a couple months ago I was fine sharing my toys with my cousins and played nicely with them. That is not the case anymore. My parents said that I need to learn to share or nobody will want to play with me. Hmpf! We'll see about that!

So I have big news on the teething front. On Friday Mommy found a little white dot on my gums that is a tiny tooth coming in! On Saturday Mommy found another white dot next to it so we think I'm getting two teeth. Like I mentioned earlier, teething hasn't effected my sleep too much (I've been doing really well at night, and so-so at naps) but it has made me into a bit of a drama queen. The littlest thing will send me into tears when normally I would just brush it off and go onto the next thing. Here is a picture of me during one of my naps. I was really fighting going to sleep and then just like that I fell asleep sitting up with my head against the crib rails. I kept bobbing my head and waking up every few minutes and Mommy couldn't figure out why I wouldn't just lay down so she figured my legs must have been stuck in the rails. She went up to my room to lay me down and discovered that I was sitting on my knees! She couldn't believe that I fell asleep kneeling. Anyway, she laid me down and I finished my nap.

After my nap it was time to cheer on the Gophers. Unfortunately they lost :(

Saturday afternoon we also went and picked out pumpkins. Mommy and Daddy were really proud that they got their pumpkins so "early" this year as the last few years they have gone the day before Halloween when all the good pumpkins were already gone. Apparently they used to be busy even before I was born (I know..I'm not sure what they did either. They mentioned something about graduate school and always doing homework on Saturdays. Sounds pretty boring to me! Good thing I came around!)

Check out my new ride! Daddy installed my new car seat and I love it! It's so nice and roomy!! Saturday night we went to church because Mommy and Daddy had nursery duty this morning. I was the only baby in my nursery so they moved me to the big kid nursery (the 13-17 month olds!!) I felt like such a big girl! This morning I went to nursery again while Mommy and Daddy took care of other kids. I was back to the baby nursery again. Daddy said I shouldn't brag to the other babies about getting to go to Nursery 2 on Saturday night but I couldn't help it. I had to dish! The other babies were soooooo jealous! I was so exhausted that I fell asleep on the way home. Mommy wasn't too thrilled with that and carefully took me out of my car seat and up to my room without waking up. Unfortunately I was wearing my jacket and taking that off caused me to wake up. I spent the next 45 minutes messing around in my crib not sleeping. I thought a 10 minute nap in the car was sufficient. My parents finally gave up and took me out of my crib and gave me lunch but about 50 minutes later I was soooo tired that they took me up and attempted a nap again. This time I slept for 2 hours and 20 minutes (my longest nap in a lonnnnnnnnnng time). I missed the entire Vikings game but was happy to hear they won when I woke up!
Let's see anything else new this week? I made a new friend. Her name is Brynn and she is 1 month old. We went strolling at the mall this week. She slept the whole time so she isn't a whole lot of fun yet. Next summer at volleyball though we'll have a blast playing together! I'm still babbling quite a bit but not saying Mama. I said something that sounded like "oma" once this week. I think once I get a tooth I'll say Mama and Mommy will be so happy! Well this blog has turned into a short novel so I should stop! Catch you all next week! If I get a tooth before next Sunday I'll be sure to post a photo. Right now it's still pretty hard to see!
I can't believe she fell asleep with her head against the rails like that!! Must've been really tired!
ReplyDeleteCan you send me that picture of Nolan and Megan? I think its cute..the tops of their little heads:)
ReplyDeleteYes, I remember when Nolan was into the Toilet paper stage...sigh....that was annoying:) Not saying he still doesn't do it from time to time, but not nearly as bad so there is hope! Couple more months and it won't be as entertaining!