Sunday, December 6, 2009

Baby It's Cold Outside (11 months, 2 weeks)

BURRRRRRR!!! Winter weather is here again! It was time to break out my warm hat and big, fluffy winter jacket. No more fleece fall jacket for me! My Michigan hat from last winter (which was too big at the time) is now too little for me. That's probably because I used to have a 10th percentile head whereas now it is 75th percentile. Some might say I have gotten a big head.

This is me modeling my t-shirt. Don't worry Grandma, Mommy didn't dress me in JUST a t-shirt. I had a hoodie on too. If you can't read my shirt it says, "My fingers might be small but I can still wrap my uncle around them." Guess who I got it from?

I have been pretty well behaved when it comes to the Christmas decorations. I have gotten really attached to 2 ornaments--a little Vikings guy and an ornament from Puerto Rico that has Santa Claus catching some rays on the beach. They are the only 2 ornaments that I have taken off the tree and play with. There's just something about these two that really floats my boat!


Speaking of floating--bath time has gotten a lot more fun and less stressful since the resurgence of the duck tub. You might remember we got this duck tub for our trip to North Carolina. Turns out it helps keep me contained and I am back to my longer baths where I not only get clean, but have a lot of fun splashing around. Mommy says it is "win-win".


So what happened this week you ask? Mommy's been doing a lot of Christmas baking. It's a real bummer because as soon as she makes cookies, they go into a plastic container and go straight to the freezer. You might think I'm disappointed by the cookies being gone--but I'm more upset about all my plastic containers being taken away from my favorite cupboard. There is hardly anything left for me to take out and play with!




Ok, ok...I guess I may have been exaggerating. The camera doesn't lie--there are still plenty of containers to play with. Mommy and I were on our own from Thursday-Saturday as Daddy was on a business trip to Boston. He stayed an extra day to go visit Uncle Dave, Aunt Amy, and Cousins Anna, Ellie, and Abby. I was a bit bummed that we didn't go with but Mommy said that traveling with me is a lot of work for such a short trip and that I probably wouldn't like it if we got snowed in the Boston airport. Mommy and I weren't totally alone all that time as Grandpa came for a short visit. He stayed at our house on Friday night. He was in town for a woodworking show. We played a fun game where he would ask me for a book and then I would give him a book. Everyone thought I was really smart! We also played a fun game where he would ask me for a Cheerio and I would pretend that I put it in his hand and then put the Cheerio in my mouth! I like to tease!





Alex was a bit confused and thought the wrapping paper was a blanket. Mommy wrapped a few gifts so I'd have something to play with during our photo shoot today. The sister of one of Mommy's former co-workers came over to take my 1 year pictures (ok, ok I know I'm not quite one yet but when your birthday is a few days before Christmas it's not the ideal time for a photo shoot) and to take a family Christmas photo for Christmas cards. Mommy wanted me to tell everyone that our Christmas cards will be arriving a little later than usual because we have to wait to get our pictures back and then send them out so don't start looking in your mailbox for the annual Christmas letter quite yet.






This is me waiting for Jocelyn to arrive. Don't I just look like a "Miss Claus"? I was pretty good during the photo shoot. I had a hard time sitting still but she had some fun bells and a fake present (that I broke...sorry about that!) that kept me occupied. Taking my picture used to be a lot easier when I couldn't move and I just sat and smiled all day. Photographers really earn their paycheck with me now that I'm on the move. I showed Jocelyn what a good stander I am now. I can stand up all by myself and stay there without hanging on for quite a while.







The rest of the day I hung out with my favorite snowman named Snowden (get it..snowed in..) I've been a bit crabby off and on today. You can't see it here..but I'll admit..I've been a bit moody. It all started this morning when I had to get up early since Mommy and Daddy both had nursery duty. Then at nursery, my mom left me in Nursery 1 and she went over to Nursery 2. I did not like that at all. Usually I'm fine in nursery and don't cry but knowing that my mom was in the next room playing with other kids and not me? That seemed cruel! I would get involved in a toy or books and be fine, and then remember that my mom left me and would start wailing again. Mommy could hear me as the two nurseries are connected by a "changing room" in between. In my defense, I was not the only baby crying. Almost every baby was crying. It was not a happy day in Nursery 1. Mommy popped her head in to check on me and I was crying a lot so she said I could come over to Nursery 2 for the rest of church. Whew! That was a relief. The nursery workers seemed pretty happy that I was leaving. Mommy said she would have come over earlier but didn't want to seem like a helicopter parent (one that is always hovering) and figured if I was really bad they would just bring me over. I was really clingy to Mom after that traumatic experience though so it was good that the rest of the babies in Nursery 2 were in a good mood and didn't need much intervention. I've also been very resistant to taking my naps and going to sleep at night. Mommy did a little further investigation in my mouth and found a little slit in my top gums. Looks like my first front tooth is starting to come in. Teething always turns me into a moody baby. You'd be moody too if your mouth was sore and you couldn't do anything about it!








Enough talking about teeth and bad moods! I ran up quite the bill at Babies R Us so I had to find a way to get Daddy's checkbook to pay off my debts! Here I am on the lookout.









Aha! Success! Now if only I knew how to write......

Night Night!
Megan








No comments:

Post a Comment