Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me! (1 year old!)

It's official! I'm one! Well, I guess I'm not one until tomorrow at 1:09 p.m. but I had my birthday party today.
I've got to tell you-- birthdays are pretty awesome! But I'm getting ahead of myself. I should tell you about the rest of my exciting week.

The early parts of the week weren't too exciting. It was REALLY cold out so we didn't go out until Wednesday morning. Mommy signed us up for a free baby music class. It was really fun! At first I was a bit unsure of everything but when I got to play instruments I had a blast! I liked the singing too. The dancing was a bit hard since I'm not quite walking on my own yet so it's a little hard to dance. On Thursday Mommy and me went to a Christmas cookie baking party. I didn't do any baking but I got to play with my friend Grace.


The best part about the party was getting to sit on this rocking chair! It was just my size and I could climb up it all by myself! I suppose it's too late to ask Santa for a little rocking chair. Maybe next year! I was having a lot of fun but all of a sudden I felt sick. I got cranky so Mommy took me home. I cried the whole way home. Then when we got home I just kept crying because I felt sooo sick. Mommy didn't know what was wrong with me since I wasn't doing a very good job verbalizing my problem. I finally just gave up and fell asleep on Mommy's shoulder. After a 1/2 hr nap in my crib I woke up crying again so Mommy picked me up and we rocked in my room until I went back to sleep. Then we just snuggled. When I got up from my nap I felt a little better but then I ate dinner and didn't feel so well again...and that's when I threw up my dinner. I am a champion at spitting up but I've never thrown up before. It was really scary and I had very sad eyes. Mommy and Daddy gave me a bath and I could only give a half effort in playing with my bath toys. Then Mommy and I just snuggled in the chair until bedtime. I slept 12 hours and woke up Friday back to my old self. It was a really quick bug whatever I had.



On Friday when I woke up from my nap my Grandpa and Grandma Vance were here from Texas! We played a lot and then Friday night we went downtown to the Hollidazzle parade. We got the "hot seats" so we were in a heated tent for the parade, but I was bunded up for the walk from the parking garage to the tent. I really liked the parade. There were lots of lights to look at and it was mesmerizing!




This is me all bundled up in my stroller with my Daddy and Grandpa and Grandma Vance at Peavy Plaza. There were kids ice skating which looked fun. Daddy says that we can go ice skating once I'm better at walking. You must walk before you skate.





On Saturday I wore a sweater that Grandma Vance knitted for me. Then I got a Christmas card that plays Frosty the Snowman when you open it. I had lots of fun opening and shutting my card. Also everytime I opened the card and the music played I had to look over at Grandpa Vance to see if he was watching. I could tell he was really proud of my card opening skills!






I knew if he thought card opening was great he'd be blown away at how good I am at taking ornaments off of the Christmas tree.






For Christmas Grandma and Grandpa Vance got me a toy chest to put all my toys in. It needed to be assembled so Daddy and Grandpa V worked on it. I helped by handing them the tools and hardware they needed.








Finished! I was quite impressed with my (their) handiwork!








And now to today..the BIG day! This is me after I got up from my nap and my house had been turned into pink princess land! I really liked the balloons!










Here is me and both of my grandmas. I'm wearing my special 1st birthday princess outfit.











After my guests and I had our lunch it was time for birthday cake! Here I am ready to blow out my candle. I was a bit afraid.









I've never really tasted any desserts before (except for a little Cool Whip on Thanksgiving) so I was pretty unsure about cake. I did like mushing my hands in the cake but eating it was another story. Mommy said that next year she's going to get me a tofu cake instead! I don't think that would be very good! I guess I need to just eat some more treats to get used to sugar.








After cake it was time to open presents. I was not timid about presents! The good news is that I have more presents to open tomorrow because it's my actual birthday and then we're celebrating Christmas with the Vances on Tuesday and then Thursday and Friday celebrating Christmas with my other grandparents so by the end of the week I'm going to be a professional present opener!







I not only got a lot of fun toys but I also got some neat books! I'm excited about new books because honestly, I'm getting a little tired of Snuggle Puppy and if I have to hear about what "wonderful" sounds that Mr. Brown can do one more time....I'm going to lose it!




And this is me right before bedtime. I did really good with my walking tonight. I went 19 steps one time! That is a record for me! And with that I'm signing off! I've had a busy week and I'm exhausted!
Night Night!
















2 comments:

  1. Sorry we missed your party Megan! Looks like you had a great time. I love your pink knitted sweater, it looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy "Official" Birthday today Megan! We had fun at your party!

    ReplyDelete