
Good evening!
It seems like just yesterday I was blogging but it was actually 2 days ago! I've had a busy few days, however! The picture above is me doing my best Linus impression. One night after my bath I took my blanky and dragged it around the house.

Saturday morning I got a special surprise--a trip to the children's museum! It was great fun! So many things for me to do. This is me working the cash register in the pretend restaurant. Mommy was a cashier at a grocery store when she was in high school so she showed me what to do. I think I did a good job.

Next it was time to work at the factory. I really liked taking the (pretend) concrete blocks and moving them. Then you could turn the wheel and that would move the conveyor belt. It was really really fun.

Then we went to the water tables. This was my favorite as I love splashing around water!

This table was really fun as there was a little fountain that you could put your hands in.

After I had been playing awhile I noticed a lot of the other kids were wearing aprons so I went over and helped myself to one. Mommy helped me put it on though.

This was another of my favorite things at the museum. This was a hollow tree trunk that you could crawl through. I crawled through this several times.

Eventually there were more kids that wanted to crawl around in it so I had to get out. That was a bummer, but what do you expect when you go to a children's museum on a Saturday morning?

Next it was time to learn about weather. Here I am turning the wheel that controlled a cloud. The cloud went across the ceiling as you moved the wheel. You were supposed to make a "thunderstorm" and Daddy and I never quite figured that part out. A thunderstorm never happened and we think we did everything right.

There was a ant hill exhibit where you could crawl through tunnels and the goal was to find the queen. Here I am conquering the queen!

The last thing we did was go to the rodeo program. Mommy and Daddy said it was nothing like an actual rodeo. They had a fake cow that you could sit on (well you could if there wasn't one family that hogged it the whole time..sheesh!) But they played rodeo music and brought out all kinds of fun ribbons that you could dance with.

Here is me riding a horse and dancing to the rodeo music!

I was so tired after all that fun at the children's museum that I fell asleep on the way home. Mommy and Daddy all of a sudden realized that I had been really quiet and looked in the backseat and there I was--sound asleep. This was a bit troubling as I hadn't had lunch yet and hadn't had a diaper change in awhile so they knew they were going to have to wake me up when we got home (it's only a 10-15 minute drive to our house). They were REALLY hoping that I wasn't going to only take a 10 minute nap. Much to their delight, I woke up when we got home, ate lunch, got my diaper change, and fell back asleep relatively quickly and took a nice long nap. Then even more to their delight, when I woke up, I grabbed my children's Bible off the table next to my crib, laid on my back, and read my Bible. I wanted to study up because I knew we were going to Saturday night church this weekend since Daddy had nursery duty on Sunday. I still got a report that I was a bit "volatile" but they did say that I smiled a few times when going down the slide so I wasn't all bad. I say, if you don't get paged, it was a successful time!

One of my favorite things to do (that finally got captured on film) is pretend talk on the phone. I mostly do it with Mommy's cell phone, but sometimes I remember the house phone and point and yell until someone gives it to me. I put it up to my ear, and then start to babble. This is baffling to my parents because every time I actually get a REAL phone call, I refuse to talk. I just listen to whoever is on the line, but usually won't say anything. But if I am fake talking on the phone, then I have lots to say. This shouldn't be so surprising. When there is a real phone call, I just like to hear what people have to say. When I am pretend talking on the phone, I have to carry the conversation, otherwise there would be no conversation.

Today we continued our watching of March madness and cheered on Cornell to victory. Actually I never got to see Cornell play because I slept through the first half, and then they were so far ahead when I got up that the television people switched the coverage to a different game. So that was a bit of a bummer. I did get to see Jeremy and Rebecca (my parents' friends). I was super shy though and tried to hide from them. Sorry about that. I'll try to be more social next time you visit!
I'll leave you with a video of me dancing to the Jeopardy theme song. Mommy and I watch Jeopardy everyday because Mommy says it helps to keep her brain working and it's educational for me to learn trivia since I'm a Vance and Vances LOOOOOOVE trivia. Anyway, I'm really cute when we watch as I clap when people get their question right on the Daily Doubles and then I do a dance when the Jeopardy song comes on.
When Cal talks on the phone, he holds it to the back of his neck! And just like Megan, he's super quiet when someone is actually on the phone!
ReplyDelete