Sunday, July 25, 2010

19 Months Old!

Hi!

I just back from a weekend at Grandma and Grandpa D's house so I'm a bit tired! Mom and Dad had plans this weekend with friends so it was time for me to go on a road trip.


But let's go back to Monday. Mommy and I went to the salon. This was a special salon just for kids. It was really fun as they had a play area and you know how I like to play with new toys. I was hoping we just went there to play...but then a lady called my name......

Then Mommy peeled me off her (I was gripping as hard as I possibly could) I got strapped into this horrible chair and this ugly cape was put on me. I was NOT impressed!


Then the lady took out scissors and started cutting my hair!!! It was horrible. I worked so hard getting my hair to all kinds of weird lengths only to get it shaped into a nice cut.



This is me at home with my new 'do. I was still unhappy. I was starting to really love my mullet. We called Grandma and then I felt better. I like my haircut now.




On Tuesday, Daddy took the morning off of work and took me to the children's museum. Mommy was going to come with but then decided that she had a lot of errands to run and so she did that instead of the museum. They have a special "Wizard of Oz" exhibit this summer. I really liked picking corn. Sweet corn is one of my new favorite things to eat!





Then I watered the crops so they would grow and be healthy!






Here is me and the crops that I picked. I was really proud of my harvest!







This is me following the yellow brick road. I really liked Oz!





Next it was time for a little mopping. I liked that the mop was more my size. When I try to sweep at home I get frustrated because it's hard to maneuver.





We went to the museum on Tuesday because it was a special day where no school groups are allowed. This meant that it was a little less crowded and I got to actually play with the boats in the water table area. Usually it's overrun with big kids and I never get a turn.



Look at all the groceries I gathered!







I also had fun trying to cut this fake piece of meat with a fake knife. Let me tell you--it's not an easy task!
It seems as though after Tuesday my parents decided not to take my picture. It may have something to do with the foul mood I was in a lot of the week. My mom calls me, "challenging." What do you expect from a 19 month old?
The delightful things I did this week:
  • I love to say "bye!" now. It used to be "bye bye" but now that I'm 19 months old it's time I use the more mature "bye".
  • I'm getting to be more of a parrot and will repeat things that you say to me. So watch what you say around me!
  • I've become quite the tour guide. Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle Steve brought me home tonight and Uncle Steve hadn't seen our new house yet. I took him all around and pointed out all the really important features of our house like the shower, cupboards, my doll house, the humidifier, and many more things. Some people give house tours and show the rooms but I like to get into the real details!
Time for bed!
Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment