
Happy July 5th everyone! Sorry I'm late in my blogging but I was away this weekend with 4th of July festivities! Hope everyone had a safe and happy independence day! This first picture is me on my swing outside. I had my 18 month pictures taken this week at our house and this is a sneak preview! We will get the rest back sometime this week.

This week it was my great Aunt BB's birthday so I wore the outfit she gave me in honor of her special day! I get to meet her in person this summer and I'm really excited!

On Wednesday Mommy and I met my cousins Paige and Austen, Grandma, and my great aunt Judy at the zoo! It was a beautiful day with low humidity. A perfect day for walking (or strolling) around the zoo!

My favorite part of the zoo this time was feeding the goats. I couldn't quite reach the goats so Grandma fed them for me. I thought it was really funny!

We went down to the cabin this weekend to celebrate the 4th of July! Unfortunately the weather forecast wasn't looking good for the 4th so we moved the family celebration to the 3rd. So I wore my "Miss America" outfit on the 3rd instead of the 4th.

A backside view of my outfit!

I had lots of fun at the cabin with my extended family. Here is our afternoon tea party on the deck. Here is a rare shot of Uncle Steve enjoying playing tea party. Austen also joined in the fun. I must be a pretty special girl to get two guys to play tea party with me!

One of my favorite things to do at the cabin is throw rocks into the lake. Uncle Steve collects them and then I throw them. I was really looking forward to throwing this huge one!

Here I am showing Austen all of my cool rocks.

I had a fantastic day at the cabin! But the fun of the day wasn't over yet!

Next we went to the 3rd of July parade. It was still super sunny and hot so Mommy reapplied sunscreen. She caught me a bit off guard here!

This is me and a puppy that sat next to us during the parade. Daddy wasn't a big fan of this puppy. You see, the puppy ate Daddy's sandwich!

This is an awesome picture Uncle Steve took of me and the soldier. Grandma thinks it should go to Time magazine or something like that!

The parade was overall fun but I wasn't too into all the firetrucks with their sirens! Mommy was there to help cover my ears!

It was really hot during the parade. We kept drinking lots of cold drinks. Notice my very rosy cheeks!

This is me watching the Shriner cars. If my great Grandpa Carl was still alive he'd be so happy that I was there. He used to drive the cars and also service them. Grandma commented that Great Grandpa Carl would not have been happy with how crazy the guys were driving the cars!

On the 4th of July I wore my Twins dress because 1. The Twins were playing and 2. It's red, white, and blue! This is me watching the squirrels. It's one of my favorite things to do at Grandma and Grandpa D's house. When I got there my little blue chair wasn't by the window so I swiftly went looking for it, found it, and brought it to its rightful place!

We tried to go to church but when we pulled into the parking lot we thought it was weird that it was empty. There was a sign on the door saying that church was going to be in the park. Unfortunately it was raining, so church in the park sounded like a terrible idea. Instead, we went to a pancake breakfast. Mommy gave me some pancakes but I didn't want to eat them. Then she told me (in a teasing voice) not to eat the pancake off her plate. So, of course, I stole her pancake and stuffed it in my mouth!

Yummmy! Pancakes are so much better when you steal them off Mommy's plate!

Since we did the all-American family BBQ on the 3rd we decided it was ok to go to a Japanese Hibachi restaurant for dinner. I've been to one before on Daddy's birthday. The Hibachi chef wasn't quite as scary as the last one, but I still ended up crying a bit when there were big flames.

Again, I'm not into noisy things (except when I'm the one who makes the noise!). This is me during the "show" part of dinner.

Today we came home and it was back to the old grind. Mommy made a special dessert tonight called banana pudding. It was super tasty. So tasty that I just ate it and not my actual dinner. Mommy is going to put a smiley face on all my meals now and see if I'll eat them.
What else is new with me?
- I started speaking like a toddler alien this week. Uncle Steve got some good video of it. If he can post it on you tube I'll post it on here later. It's pretty funny.
- Speaking of talking, starting on Friday night, my favorite thing to say is "Uh Oh!" I say it alllll the time, but I do use the term appropriately. For instance, when we were furniture shopping (browsing) today and it looked like the salesperson broke the desk (really it was a desk that pulled out) I yelled "Uh oh!"
- I can say over 20 words now
- No new teeth to report!
That's all! Goodnight!
I LOVE her 4th of July outfit!! Miss America! Also, the shriner cars rock!! Grandpa is smiling I'm sure!
ReplyDeleteBetween Megan's rock collecting, and Cal's flower picking, we may have future landscape artists on our hands!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fun weekend -- hot, but fun!
Haha! I don't think anyone would want Megan to landscape. She's more into taking the landscaping rocks and throwing them into the grass (or a lake). Maybe with a bit of training she would be good! haha!
ReplyDeleteWe did have a fun (hot) weekend! 4th of July outfit is courtesy of Koala Kids wear from Babies R Us