
Alright time to blog about my trip to Missouri! Why did we go to Missouri you ask? Some of Daddy's fraternity brothers from college were getting together for a mini-reunion. We all stayed in the same house and had a great time! The pool was a big hit!

This is me and my new friend Lilly. Lilly is three and really liked me. For the first day or so she just called me "Baby." By the end she called me Megan. It probably helped that an actual baby came the next day so I was no longer the littlest kid!

Lilly had all kinds of fun toys for me to play with. She got this play house for her birthday and I certainly enjoyed it! It had a working doorbell and everything!

I had my first outdoor dining experience. It was nice to sit outside and eat and Mommy really liked that I could be really messy and it didn't matter. Clean up was easy!

After dinner it was time to make a few phone calls to let everyone know we arrived safely. I had a great plane ride down. It helped that it was only an hour flight. The most amazing thing of the flight was that I went to a stranger sitting across the aisle from us. We had the very last seats in the plane and there wasn't a window on our side. When we landed a lady on the other side asked if I wanted to watch the luggage coming out of the plane. Much to my parents' surprise, I went! And I sat on her lap for a few minutes without crying. "They" say that separation anxiety peaks at 18 months so maybe I'm on the downward trend!

One fun thing we did on the trip was visit some horses that lived next door to the Koss family. The horses kept going, "Neeeiiiiiigh!" just like I've read in books. They also had chickens and a rooster that went "Cock a doodle dooooooo!" Again! Just like in the books! Amazing!

Another rare moment... a picture of me being held by someone other than a relative. This is Lisa (Lilly's mom). I liked her!

The highlight of going to the farm was getting to ride a miniature horse [NOT A PONY]. The lady was very insistent that it was not a pony. First I pet it.

Next, I hopped on. Ok, ok, Mommy put me on the horse.

I rode bareback like a real cowgirl. Too bad it was too hot to wear my cowgirl outfit!

My favorite toy of Lilly's was her kitchen. It was deluxe I tell you! It had a "working" microwave that you could push buttons that beeped and it sounded like it was on. I had the most fun with the microwave.

Sometimes a girl needs to just put her feet up after a long day of riding horses, and cooking meals in the microwave!

I spent a lot of time swimming in the pool. This is me after a long swim, looking very pensive.

One day we went to a park. It was very very hot! Notice the rosy cheeks!

We went to the river next to cool off. I found a rock and was really proud of that!

This is Daddy and me in the river. We left soon after that and went to Wal Mart to cool off for real! I started getting a heat rash so it was time to hang out in the a/c!

Most of the trip we just played and hung out with the kids. The first day I got along well with Lilly because I knew that I was the guest. By the end of the trip I was feeling really comfortable and started to get really possessive with Lilly's toys. I started to freak out if any of the kids got anywhere near something I was playing with. This resulted in me not getting to play with toys that I got super possessive with. I didn't really learn my lesson. Mommy and Daddy were glad we just went for the weekend and not any longer.

The way home was a little more complicated than the trip out. The St Louis airport was not nice to us. First they only had 1 security line open when there were 2 more that were just empty. By the time we got to the metal detectors they finally opened up another one. Then we weren't assigned any seats so Daddy had to wait in a long line to get us seats. Mommy and me went off to find some lunch. The sign said they had a California Pizza Kitchen and another fast foodish type restaurant at the end of the A gates. We went all the way to the end of the gates and realized that the restaurants were being built, and not actually there yet. Frustrated, we went all the way back to our gate, A3 and got in line for sandwiches. We waited in line forever and finally put in our order. Then they didn't actually make our sandwiches. By this time, they started boarding for our flight. So it was a bit rushed. We were pleasantly surprised when we got on the plane and we found that we had the seats right behind first class and had lots of room for me to run around. The St Louis airport was then forgiven. Then the Minneapolis St Paul airport became our problem. It took forever to get our bags. To pass the time, I played on the Smarte Carts.
All in all, we had a fun trip. Daddy had fun reminiscing with his old pals, I had fun taking over Lilly's toys, and Mom had fun watching us have so much fun. It was win-win-win!
Sounds like a fun weekend! Gotta love summer.
ReplyDeleteI think Callum would have loved that play kitchen too. . .
Megan is such a cutie and I'm glad the end of separation anxiety is in sight.
ReplyDeleteAnd, um, I (as in ME the 29-year-old) thinks that kitchen looks fun, too.