Sunday, June 6, 2010

Moving Week (17 months, 2 wks)

Hey Everyone~

Well I warned you that my blogging might be late due to us moving and everything but it turned out that Blogger was the issue! I had the blog halfway done last night and the website went down before I finished. So I'll try to get this out quickly to you tonight before we lose our Internet access until Friday! Here is me and my family by the "Sold" sign outside of our new house. The closing went smoothly and we have started the moving process!


But first things first--let's go back to Memorial Day. Mommy and Daddy picked me up at Hardees and brought me back home (don't worry, my grandparents stayed with me until they showed up!). I took my nap and then went to a Memorial Day BBQ. You can't see it in this picture my my shorts have a red, white and blue roped belt and has red, white, and blue stars on the jean part. Very patriotic!

I got to play some basketball at the BBQ. They didn't have a hoop so I just threw it around the backyard and chased it.


Daddy and I also played with bubbles which is always so much fun!



I have developed a bit of a sweet tooth. Remember back on my birthday when I wouldn't really eat my cake? Not an issue anymore! This is me eating some Oreo cookie pudding. I loooooove Oreo pudding! I like to both eat it and play with it--hence why I get so messy at meals.




As if the Oreo pudding wasn't enough, we got to go out for ice cream this week. "Cup and Cone" was on our list of places we needed to visit before we move. I really liked my "kiddie cone in a cup!"





I also really liked exploring. It's funny--sometimes I am pretty timid in new situations, and other times I am brave and go off on my own. Cup and Cone seemed like a pretty safe place so I was brave there. Church nursery? Now THAT is scary! I may have gotten kicked out of nursery this week.......... The good news is that my Mommy was working in another nursery and I got to try out Nursery 3 and play with the bigger kids. It will be my nursery at the end of the summer so it was good that I got orientated.






On Thursday we met Nolan, Logan and their mommy at the Children's Museum. This is me "riding" a metro transit bus.







I spent a lot time at the grocery store. I really liked putting the food in my basket.









Attempt #1 at getting a picture of Nolan and me.










Attempt #2. After this Mommy gave up. Turns out it is nearly impossible to get two toddlers to be in the same spot at the same time at a fun place like this!











Whew! I had so much fun that I had to take a bit of a breather when we got home. I took a nice long nap! Thanks to Great Aunt Donna and Great Uncle Brad for the cute sundress! I finally got to wear it since it was nice and warm this week!




This is me in my new room! It is pink!! And I have really fun beaded curtains that are just a blast to play with. I LOVE MY NEW ROOM!







Mommy and Daddy got me a housewarming gift---a water table! We haven't unpacked the hose yet so for the time being, I'm finding it to be just a fun thing to climb in! Mommy said that once there is water in it, that I can't climb in it anymore.




Daddy took the mirror off of Mommy's dresser earlier this week and it is now sitting on the floor in their room. I'm having so much fun with it! I like to lay on my back and put up my foot like this and watch it in the mirror. It is fascinating I tell you! At the end of the blog is a video of me doing Itsy Bitsy Spider dance in the mirror. Please ignore my parents' horrid singing voices!









Grandpa V came this weekend to help Daddy paint the new house and move things. I had a lot of fun with my house guest. I showed him how things work. For instance, when you sit in this chair (I like to call it the reading chair), you must put on the blanket, and then Mommy reads you stories.








Grandpa V had a small hole in his sock and I thought it was so funny. Daddy often has small holes in his sock and his toe peeks through. It must be genetic!

Well I must sign off now! Hopefully our Internet hookup goes well at our new house and I'll be able to blog on time on Sunday! We move all our furniture tomorrow so we'll be officially in the new house by tomorrow evening! Exciting times!






















2 comments: