
Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone! I am spending the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa D so this blog is just going to have my happenings from Mon-Friday. I'll have to tell you all about my trip to Grandma's next week when I get back! Mommy and Daddy are busy packing up our house and I'll admit I'm a better unpacker than a packer so I can see why I got shipped to Grandma's!

Summer weather is here! Wow has it been hot here this week. Last summer I was just a baby and didn't spend much time outside so this whole humidity thing is pretty new to me. The best thing about the warm weather is I got to try out lots of new summer outfits! This is me showing off how I walk down stairs now. I either need a hand or on this part of the stairs where there is a good railing for me to hang onto--but otherwise I can do it by myself!

Mommy and I went to see the Teddy Bear Band on Tuesday. Daddy and I thought that it was going to be actual teddy bears playing instruments but Mommy knew better. She is always so smart when it comes to things like that. All the other kids in the audience had their teddy bear with but we forgot. Mommy said if we found a cheap teddy bear at the mall in the 5 minutes we had to shop before the concert that I could get one but no such luck. It turned out you didn't really need a bear so it was ok. At the end of the blog is a video of me dancing to the music. As you'll see, the other kids were a little more daring when it comes to dancing. I'm a tad bit conservative.

I got to spend lots of time outside this week since it was so warm. This is me in my new car. Well, it's an old car. Mommy got it at a garage sale. But it's in pretty good condition and it was only 4 bucks. I'm excited for when I get my own driveway in our new house!

I spent lots of time sliding as well. You may notice that most of my pictures are from outside this week. That is because I pushed some buttons on our camera and it's now in a weird setting where most of the inside pictures are blurry. Outside it doesn't seem to be effected. Uncle Steve suggested that my parents should google our camera and find out how to get the camera back to factory defaults. Sorry Mom and Dad. You know how I just start pushing buttons and then can't stop myself!

Here's an inside shot that didn't get too blurry. This is me doing one of my favorite things--talking on the cell phone. I think I was talking to Grandma here. I'm still not much of a conversationalist but I really like hearing what you have to say!

Mommy took her rings off to put sunscreen on me and then forgot them on the table. Lucky for her, I am really good at finding her rings. Daddy was really impressed that I knew they went on fingers and put them on mine. And then I tried to put them in my mouth. That is when they got taken away from me! Speaking of me putting things in my mouth, I took a taste of Daddy's deodorant this week which resulted in Mommy calling poison control since his deodorant bottle said, "If ingested, call Poison Control immediately." You see, I'm getting very tall and I have octopus like arms and can reach almost anything (and I'm good at problem solving to reach things that are currently out-of-reach). One morning when Mommy was getting ready I got ahold of Daddy's deodorant. I took the cap off and Mommy noticed what I was doing and took it away from me. As she took it she got deodorant all over her hands and washed them. Then she looked at me and saw me with my hand in my mouth. I got my hands washed and then Mommy thought she should look at the label to make sure it wasn't toxic. That's when we saw the warning and got on the phone. The poison control lady was very nice and said that it wasn't toxic but could be irritating to my mouth so I got to drink some water and Mommy brushed my teeth. No worries Mommy--deodorant really doesn't taste good s I'm not going to do that again!
What else is new?
- This week I got into putting outfits on my elephant and my dolls. I took my pajamas out of the clean laundry and insisted Mommy put them on my elephant. Then I wanted the elephant to wear different pajamas. Then I wanted my elephant to wear my shirt. I'm also really into putting socks on my dolls and stuffed animals. Anything that goes on feet is called "shoes" to me. I am really into shoes ever since I learned how to say shoe. I have spent a lot of time this week finding shoes in the house and then giving them to their proper owner--and I have incredible accuracy in giving the correct shoes to the correct people. But I do find it funny when Mommy tries to put on my shoes and they only fit her toes!
- One day Mommy and I were playing with toys. She decided to be silly and have my bunny drive my Pooh car and have it run into things and say "Oh! The bunny is a bad driver!" Now I want Mommy to play this game ALL the time. And I don't like any other stuffed animal to 'drive'--ONLY the bunny. And Daddy is not allowed to play this game at all. He can't even touch my Pooh car. The bunny driving game is for Mommy only. I insist on it.
- I've come down with another cold. I just can't seem to get healthy. I've had weird sicknesses since April. I was healthy all winter and then for some reason when it got nice out, I started getting sick! No fever this time or ear aches--just runny nose and a cough.
- Climbing is still my favorite activity. I've figured out how to climb in and out of the bathtub. Mommy and Daddy aren't too thrilled with this new skill. It's not too bad when I climb in it when its been awhile since a bath, but they are not too happy when I climb in the tub after I get my jammies on and then get wet again. And they are not happy either when I try to climb out of the tub in the middle of the bath.
- Strawberries are my new favorite food. I love love love them! Yuuuum strawberries!
- My parents think I have an ear for music. I can just hear the music for "Itsy Bitsy Spider" without the lyrics and start doing the motions. Pretty impressive, huh!
We close on our new house this week and are moving next week. No guarantees for on-time blogging next week, ok? I might be too busy decorating my new pink room!
Here are 2 videos. One is me at the Teddy Bear Band concert and the other is me sliding. Don't worry, no toddlers were harmed in the filming of this video! I decided to go head first! Usually I sit on the slide and go down. I just wanted to try something new!
Love the summer outfits Megan!
ReplyDelete