This Bumbo seat was great when I was a little baby and couldn't sit up by myself. Now I use it mostly as a step stool and sometimes I like to sit in it...you know for old time's sake! I also like this picture because it shows off how long my hair is getting. It's getting close to being able to put a little ponytail in. Mommy is excited!
Let's see what did we do this week? On Tuesday we went to the Department of Motor Vehicles (the DMV for all you acronym lovers out there). Mommy had to renew her driver's license. Mommy was sick this week so she wasn't looking forward to having to get her photo taken. Luckily Mommy buys good makeup so she was able to work some miracles. All went well. I was delightful and entertained the ladies by being enthralled by the squirrels outside the window and doing my signature patting of my stomach trying to make them come to me. Mommy passed her vision test. Then we got in the car Mommy looked in the mirror and noticed that she had lipstick all over her teeth. Bet that's going to be an attractive license photo!
This week it was Mommy's birthday. To celebrate we went to the Children's Museum. You'd think it was my birthday! Like I said, Mommy was sick all week so getting out of the house and having entertainment for me all morning was a great present. Daddy took the day off so Mom got a bit of a break. My favorite things at the museum are the water tables. There is a video of me at the end of the blog having a blast in the water.
They had little aprons that were just my size. It was good as I was doing a lot of splashing. When I say "a lot" I mean "A LOT"!
I also got to work at the concrete block factory again. I'm really good at turning the wheel to make the conveyor belt work. Daddy is always most proud of me when I figure out how simple machines work. He's a man of physics, you know! This morning we watched a few minutes of Sid the Science Kid as Mommy was trimming my toe nails (if it weren't for TV, I would never get my nails trimmed. I get so enthralled that I don't pay attention to what Mommy is doing). Anyway back to Sid. The lesson today was about levers and Daddy liked that a lot too. He probably hopes I'll be an engineer someday like him. I'm making no promises at this point.
I went digging for dinosaurs next. It was actually amazingly easy to find dinosaurs. Not much of a challenge at all!
This time at the museum we found the room just for "tots". It was called "The Habitot" and was for kids under 48 months old. I loved this place! There were things to safely climb and stuff to spin. I spent a lot of time exploring here.
This is Mommy and me on her birthday after I helped open all of her gifts. Mommy said that things really change when you become a mom. You celebrate by going to a children's museum and you don't get to open your own presents and yet you love it and wouldn't change a thing!
On Friday nights we either get takeout or go to a restaurant. This week we went out to eat at Jake's. We haven't been there since the takeout debacle in September when it took 45 min to get our food because they forgot to make it but kept telling Mommy it was almost ready and I sat in the car waiting with Daddy screaming and crying. Anyway, we decided to try "sit down" service and it went much better. I colored a bit with crayons. I made it much longer before I tried eating the crayon so it seemed like progress. I also ate something new. Lately I have been too distracted by all the people at restaurants to actually eat what my parents order for me, so Mommy decided to order something for herself that I might eat--fettuccine alfredo. She was right! It was really tasty!
I mentioned earlier I think that I like to climb on everything these days. I'm starting to get more and more resourceful when it comes to climbing. You see, there are still some things that I want to climb on that I'm not quite tall enough to reach. Daddy was really impressed that I was going to play with these drums as I haven't really been playing with them much lately. Much to his surprise, after taking this picture I marched over, put them on the ground, and used them as a step stool. I like to think of myself as a problem solver!
This week Ashley had to go to the vet. She was throwing up a lot and quit eating and drinking. We knew she really didn't feel good when she spent all day sleeping underneath the bed upstairs instead of hanging out with me. I know it's shocking, but she actually does usually hang out where I am most of the time (other than her nap times of course). They took some x-rays to make sure she didn't swallow something she shouldn't have and ran a few tests. They never did figure out what was wrong with her but they gave her some fluids and got her to eat and she has been much better. And she has been hanging out with me again so I know she feels better!
The best news I have to share is that we sold our house this week! Yay!! We close on our new house June 1 and close on this house June 15 so we will have a couple weeks to move our stuff and paint a few rooms in the new house. We are really excited not to have to keep our house so clean and get kicked out all the time. That was really getting old! Plus we really didn't want to own two houses. On Saturday morning, instead of cleaning, we went to the Farmer's Market. We got asparagus (my FAVORITE vegetable), rhubarb, some bison burgers, and salsa. Mommy made a strawberry rhubarb custard pie that looks really tasty. So far I haven't gotten to try it as my parents have been eating it after I go to bed. Unfair I say!
Today we went to church. Mommy and Daddy thought they were going to get the best nursery report ever as when they came to pick me up I wasn't sitting on anyone's lap with bubbles like usual (that's the nursery trick to get crying toddlers to stop crying). And they didn't hear me crying or see me being held by anyone. But Cassie told my parents that I was MORE cuddly than usual and pretty much spent the whole time being held. I graduate to Nursery 3 in June and my parents said I have to be less clingy in that nursery. Yikes! At least when Cassie is the Team Lead she describes me as "cuddly" and not "volatile" like when the guy is the Team Lead.
What else is new with me?
What else is new with me?
- I'm saying more words at the appropriate time. At night when it's time to go brush teeth I say "Teeth!" (sounds more like "deet") I usually like to have cheese at dinner and will either give the sign for cheese or say cheese. When I really want something I will sign "please". This week I saw a dog on the TV and yelled "dawee" (doggy)
- This week I got in trouble for running up charges on Mommy's cell phone. I really like playing with it, pushing buttons, and pretending to talk on it. I have figured out to unlock the key lock and that has opened up a whole new world of buttons to push. I got busted this week though when Mommy got her cell phone bill. I decided I really needed some "apps" so I downloaded one that was $4.99 and was a monthly subscription. I also spent some time surfing the Internet for a charge of $4.74. Mommy called AT&T and explained what happened. The nice lady took the charges off the bill. Whew! I was worried I was going to have to dig into my piggy bank to pay Mommy back!
I'll leave you with 2 videos. One is of me and my awesome climbing skills. The other is me playing at the water table at the museum.
Callum thought Megan was going to have a house all to herself this summer! He was sure there were going to be some fun house parties!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you sold your house, having to get kicked out and keeping the house in tip top condition would be difficult with a toddler.
Can't wait to see your new license pic!!!