Sunday, May 9, 2010

All Stuffed Up (16 months, 3 wks)

Happy Mother's Day to all Mommys! I hope everyone had a fantastic day. Mine was ok. I'll get to that later!



You might notice my runny nose in this picture. It's pretty much what I looked like all week. I started with a little runny nose last weekend that turned into full-fledged faucet like nose. It really has not been pleasant as my Mom is constantly in my face with a kleenex! I don't like it one bit! This was me on Tuesday when it was a nice, warm day. I was still feeling pretty good (minus the runny nose) and managed to take all these pots and pans out of the cupboard in about 2 minutes. I'm good like that! On Wednesday I started with a slight fever that just kept getting worse. I took a lot of Tylenol (well not REAL Tylenol as that was recalled last week. Mommy was pretty annoyed to have to take me to Walgreens when I was sick so we could get generic since our stuff was recalled). By Friday afternoon I still had a fever so Mommy called my doctor. He said I should probably come to Saturday morning clinic. Saturday morning clinic is only at the downtown St Paul location so I got to go to the big city bright and early. My regular doctor wasn't working that day, so I saw another doctor. This doctor kind of looks like a mean Santa Claus and isn't my favorite guy. Last time I saw him I was only 5 days old! I was not a very good patient and cried the entire time. But the good news was he figured out what was wrong with me. I got my very first ear infection! Everyone in the clinic was really impressed that I had never been sick before (except for a few minor colds..nothing that required a trip to the doctor or antibiotics before). I got a prescription for Amoxicillin and was out the door. Mommy was a little nervous about giving me this medicine because she is allergic to it, my Grandma is allergic to it, and my Great Grandma was allergic to it too. But good news--I seem to be just fine on it and I am feeling a lot better. I'm still a bit grouchy but my fever is gone finally.

Saturday afternoon when I woke up from my nap Grandma and Grandpa D and Uncle Steve were here! They came up to celebrate Mother's Day a day early. In the past we've gone to Mother's Day brunch or lunch...but now I nap at around 12:30 so it wasn't really going to work. So instead we went out to dinner on Mother's Day Eve. This is me helping Grandma open her card and present. I was a big help.

On the way to the restaurant we drove by our new house to show Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Steve. There were people out playing on the lawn so we couldn't slow down too much to take a good look without looking like scary stalking type people. Next we went to a restaurant that looked like a barn. I wore my cowgirl outfit so I could look the part. Here I am, pretty bored, waiting for my food to come. If only there was something to entertain me?!



Oh perfect! A guy walking around making balloon animals for kids! That would be great entertainment for me, but he just kept walking past me. He walked past me about 10 more times. Uncle Steve pointed to me looking at the guy to get his attention, but he smiled and just kept walking by. After being rejected that many times we decided that he must have been hired for a birthday party or something and that was why he didn't stop to make me a balloon animal (nor did he stop at the next table where there was another little girl a little older than me.) We thought that made the most sense. Then before we left Grandma asked the waitress if the balloon guy was just there for a party and she said, "Oh no! He does balloons for anyone. You just have to nab him before he gets called to a different table." Huh. I guess I didn't give the right signals. Hmm.




So instead of playing with a balloon animal, I had to resort to stacking up coffee creamer containers. That was sure lame!






This is Grandma, Mommy, and me after dinner in our annual Mother's Day photo. Last year I was screaming crying during the picture so this is a dramatic improvement.





This is Daddy and me by the tractor outside the restaurant.







When we got home I decided I needed a little snack. Darn you childproof cabinet locks!
I'm going to leave you with 2 videos. The first one is me doing Itsy Bitsy Spider. I can do the spider part and the "out comes the sun" part. I totally skip the "down came the rain" part as the sun part is just so much fun. I also display my very short attention span in this video.
The 2nd video is a bit embarrasing. Apparently I've become quite the snorer the last few days since I'm so stuffed up. Mommy and Daddy had to turn the volume off on the baby monitor so they could get to sleep last night. Sorry guys!









1 comment:

  1. I think with Megan's pot/pan packing/unpacking skills, she should be a great help for your move!! Sorry to hear you have an ear infection, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete