
This week was full of celeb sightings. First on Tuesday (which I already blogged about) I got to meet Sharky, the famous Underwater Adventures mascot. Then we got to meet Brett Favre! He was at our town's festival. I was actually a bit scared of him.

Nolan and I played at the park there as we found that much more interesting than the other festivities!

I got my first political sticker of the season. I'm with Ted apparently!

On Saturday we went to the state fair which was really fun. One of the first things we did was go to the Little Hands farm experience. This was really similar to the farm experience I did at the county fair a few weeks ago when we were on vacation. Here I am ready to start farming!

The first stop was to gather some corn to feed the animals. Mommy helped me put the corn into a little baggie.

Next it was time to get on the tractor!

After driving out to the "fields" we dug a hole and planted the seeds. Next it was time to harvest some vegetables.

After feeding some chickens, gathering eggs, shearing a sheep, and milking a cow, it was time to pick some apples.

Finally it was time to sell my goods, collect my pay, and buy some Cheerios at the market.

After all that farming, it was time for a snack break. Even though Mommy and Daddy didn't do any farming, they had a snack too. We ate several things on a stick.

With our tummies full, we headed to the Republican booth to get a balloon and get a quick picture with Ronald Reagan. So many celebs this week! Although President Reagan was just a cardboard cutout since well... he isn't
with us anymore.

One of my favorite things at the fair was this booth. It was full of Dora and Diego and all the pals from those shows. I thought they were really cool.

My other favorite things at the fair was the tilt-a-whirl! No worries, it wasn't an actual tilt-a-whirl, but rather a place to sit! It had a little table on it to eat from too. We didn't eat there, just had fun in the seats.

More fun in the tilt-a-whirl!

I had a lot of fun at the fair but we stayed a bit too long and I got overtired and was really really cranky on the car ride home. I took a short nap, and when I woke up Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Steve were here! They came to play with me while Mommy and Daddy went to the Vikings game. Grandpa's birthday is coming up soon, so we had birthday cake. It was really delicious!

I had lots of fun while Mommy and Daddy were at the game. We played outside and I introduced them all to our neighbors. Uncle Steve drew me pictures. He draws pictures for a job, so he's pretty good at it.

Today we had a very eventful morning! Sundays are always a bit hectic as our usual morning routine is pretty laid back since I don't go to daycare. But on Sundays we have to be out of the house to make it to church on time. We managed to get out relatively on time, but an unfortunate juice event led to me throwing up. You see, I have always had a bit of acid reflux so I throw up really easily. For instance, a lot of times when I get the hiccups, I also throw up (not my best quality). Anyway, I was drinking my juice from breakfast (in the interest of time, I finished breakfast in the car), and I swallowed "wrong" and aspirated a bit. This caused me to cough and then throw up. Mommy wasn't sure we had an emergency outfit with. When we got to church, Mommy and Daddy surveyed the damage, and found that my denim jumper took the brunt, and my shirt was fine. Luckily Daddy found a pair of my pants in the trunk that matched. I had a "sponge bath" using baby wipes, got a new diaper and pants, and off we went to church. Mommy was a bit stressed by all this, and now we were pretty late to church. All was forgiven when I made it through the entire service in nursery without Mommy! And.... this is so big that it's getting it's own line
I GOT A GLOWING REPORT
Yes! Yes! Yes! They told my parents that I cried for only 5 minutes, settled down, and then just had fun and didn't cry the rest of the time! And GET THIS!
There was another boy getting picked up that was crying, and the nursery worker said, "Oh he was crying off and on the whole time but Megan was just fine!"
FINALLY! I was the good kid! My next goal is for them to tell my parents that I was "just a joy to have." I think I can do it!
I think my next post is just going to be an update of all my milestones. This blog is long enough so I'll sign off for now!
Megan
P.S. Did you really think that was Brett Favre? It was just a guy who looks like him. He was actually in a commerical with Brett Favre last winter!
So glad to hear your nursery experience was a lot better! Sounds like your Fair day was a lot of fun!
ReplyDelete