Last week Mommy and I went to see my favorite band, The Okee Dokee Brothers, at an outdoor mall nearby. No, I'm not overdressed in this picture, it was only 65 degrees that morning. Quite the change from the 90's we'd had previously. Plus it was a bit misty and looked like it might rain at any second. Lucky for us, the rain stayed away and we got to enjoy the concert.
The people that put on the concert were really smart knowing that toddlers have limited attention spans, they provided some fun sidewalk chalk. I had lots of fun drawing all over. I even drew on another kid's hand! Mommy said I shouldn't do that and especially not with kids we don't even know.
On Thursday we went down to Grandma and Grandpa D's house. I was super excited to see all my toys there and gave them all to Mommy to hold. You can sort of see Mommy in this picture.
Mommy and Daddy drove to Chicago and I stayed at Grandma's. They went to Daddy's friend's wedding. I was hoping to go with but they said a 6.5 hour car ride with me could only be described as a "nightmare" since I no longer like to take naps in the car. They had a date night "on the town" complete with a visit to the Navy Pier, dinner at Harry Careys, a bike taxi ride to the Hancock Tower, an overpriced drink on the 95th floor of the Hancock Tower, and a late night stroll down Michigan Avenue. When Mommy says "late night" she means 10:00 p.m. That is considered late for Mommies and Daddies. On Saturday they went on a boat tour and then went to the wedding. On Sunday they stopped and saw Mommy's college roommate. They just had a brand new baby girl! I can't wait to meet Baby Addy someday! Maybe we'll even be college roomies!!
I entertained Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Steve. Here I am shopping with Ernie.
Time for a little Ritz cracker break!
On Sunday we went to the big parade in town. Here I am waving to the parade floats. It was really hot at the parade! Hot but fun!
Another parade shot.
After the parade we had ice cream to cool off. It was super yummy! On Monday we met Mommy at McDonalds! I was really happy to see her and she was happy to see me too! I was so exhausted from my busy weekend at Grandmas that I slept until nearly 5:00. I would have slept longer but Mommy woke me up!- For a long time I never would say "no". That is no longer an issue for me. Usually it is a series of 3 or 4 "no no no!"
- I'm getting to be a real parrot so you'd better watch what you say around me because I'll repeat it!
- I'm 20 months now! Time to start the birthday party planning because turning "2" is a really, really big deal!
I love the photo of Megan and Mommy buried in toys! LOL
ReplyDelete