
This is my first art project to make the refrigerator. Last week's project, a bunny, went to Daddy's office. I got high praise for my carrot at ECFE class this week. The teacher said I had exceptional coloring skills as most kids my age just scribble all over, but I was careful to keep the marker on the paper and not on the table. I also listened to Mommy when she said orange went on the bottom and green on the top. We were all really proud of my carrot!

Fall is here and it's time for sweatshirts most nights when we play outside. I have figured out how to blow bubbles all by myself now so that makes it even more fun. I thought I liked bubbles before--but now that I can do it myself, it's just great!

I helped myself to this shovel out of the garage and tried to get some of the leaves. Daddy said we use a rake for that (and then put "get a rake" on the to-do list). We never had to do yard work when we lived in the townhouse.

After playing outside it was time to go in, have a bath, and get in my jammies. You might be wondering two things about this picture. 1. Why is Megan crying and 2. Why is Megan wearing a polka dot shirt over her monkey jammies? Well I will tell you! I was really insistent that I was going to wear my polka dot jammies. Mommy said no because it was cold and not summer anymore. I got really mad and refused to get several pair of fall jammies on. Finally Mommy got the monkey jammies on. Then I marched over to my drawer, pulled out the polka dot shirt, and put it over my head. Mommy then helped me put it on correctly. I was still pretty grumpy about the whole pajama dilemma when we went downstairs to read stories before bed! This scenario has played out several times this week as I'm now extremely picky when it comes to pajamas! Mommy didn't think we'd have these kind of scuffles for another year or so. I'm advanced when it comes to fashion.

On Tuesday we went to Toddler Tuesday. I was really excited because Super Why and the Super Readers were there! I like watching Super Why while Mommy gets ready in the mornings usually. I learn a lot about letters. Anyway, when we got there, there was a long line but we decided to wait. After waiting 20 minutes, an announcement came that the Super Readers were going to take a half hour break. Mommy knew I wouldn't be patient to wait an additional 30 minutes plus whatever time was left in the line so we got out of line and just went to the front behind the barrier. I got a good look at them even if I didn't exactly get my picture taken with them.

The Super Readers!

On Thursday I had dance class again. This week I was more into doing my own choreography than following the teacher.

For instance, we were supposed to be dancing with 1 scarf and facing the teacher. I took 2 and was doing my twirls.

At the end of dance, they always bring out a fun tunnel to crawl through. The other kids aren't nearly as into the tunnel as I am. We are always the last to leave dance class because I'm taking lots of turns in the tunnel.
This weekend I went to Grandma and Grandpa D's house. Mommy and Daddy had an adults only birthday party to go to [Side note: Happy Birthday Di!] We surveyed the flood damage from this week's crazy rain and fed the ducks. I always have a good time with them. This week my Grandpa and Grandma V are coming from Texas so that will be lots of fun too!
I'll leave you with a fun video of me shoveling the street. Just getting in some practice before the snow starts flying!
Thanks for the birthday wishes Megan!! I love the pj photo, that's hilarious. And who are the Super Readers? What channel is that?
ReplyDeletePBS (Channel 2). The show is called "Super Why" and is on at 9:00 during the week (and probably other times). It's a great show. Lots of learning about letters and reading!
ReplyDelete