
Hello my blog fans!
I became an official prima ballerina this week and don't I just look the part? I was so excited to get to wear my dance outfit finally. I've been trying on my shoes for a week or so but Mommy wouldn't let me wear my outfit until my official dance class day.

Before class I practiced some of my moves. I think all my practice paid off because I did really well at class! But I'm getting ahead of myself..

We don't have a ballet barre at our house (yet), so I had to just use the window.

Mommy mentioned that we'd be dancing with props so I thought I'd get comfortable with that as well.

Here I am ready to leave! It was a bit chilly outside so Mommy made me wear my hoodie.

We got to the studio a bit early so that we could find our room and everything. I was really excited to see they had an aquarium with lots of pretty fish.

They have a neat observation window where you can watch the class from the outside. It's for all the mommies that want to see how cute their little girls are without being a distraction in the classroom. It's also good for nosy 20 month olds!

Dance class was really fun! For every dance we did, we got a fun prop. Some props we used were pretty scarves, bean bag animals, maracas, and bells. I figured out quickly that at the end of the song, you bring your prop to the teacher, and she gives you something new to dance with. As soon as the music stopped, I ran right over to the teacher. Mommy was really proud of me! Usually I'm super shy in new situations but I wasn't shy at all! There are 3 girls in my class so that helped as I tend to get overwhelmed when there are lots of kids around. One girl in the class clung to her mom and cried most of the class. Mommy sort of expected me to do that and was really really happy when I was so independent and just had fun dancing to the music. Some things I need to work on are my kicks and bouncing. Good thing we have 7 more weeks of class! At the end of the class we got to crawl through this tunnel as many times as we wanted. This picture is of me and my new friend Maddie. Maddie liked dance just as much as I did!

When dance class was over, the teacher gave us a puppy stamp on our arms to say "good job!" I guess every week there is a new stamp to get so I'm excited to see what I get next week!

On Friday Mommy took me to the children's museum because one of my favorite exhibits "The Wizard of Oz" was closing. In one room of the museum they have temporary exhibits. I like going to the children's museum because it's in the city, and we get to walk in the skyway to get there! I always feel so metropolitan! And when you get out of the skyway you run right into Ronald McDonald which is also really cool. I was especially intrigued by his teeth as you can see!

Once Mommy was able to pry me off Ronald, we went to the museum and headed straight to the Wizard of Oz exhibit. I got to ride on the famous bike with Toto in the basket! Here I am making sure Toto hasn't jumped out! I also made a tornado, picked some crops on Dorothy's farm, talked like a munchkin, made the great and powerful Oz speak and light up, and admired some ruby slippers.

We decided that going to the children's museum during the first week of school was a fantastic idea as it wasn't busy at all! No school would take a field trip on the 4th day of school, so there weren't any huge groups, and it seemed like all the stay-at-home mommies didn't feel like venturing out. I actually got to drive the bus which was amazing. Usually there are 8 million bigger kids who are way more aggressive than me around and I never get a turn.

I was also really brave and went on stage to perform in a music video. I usually won't do this as, again, I'm usually a bit timid around the aggressive, bigger kids. Note the blue screen in the background.

This is me starring in my very own music video! I was really impressed with myself!

Even though I had all these fun things going on this week, I still took some time out of my days to be really silly. This was at lunch one day when I decided it was more fun to put my spoon in my mouth like this, than to actually eat.

Mommy bought my favorite fruit this week, blackberries! I LOVE BLACKBERRIES (the fruit, not the smart phone! Although I wouldn't mind one of those either..) I only get to eat them at dinner as you can see, I make quite a mess and it usually requires a bath afterwards with some good scrubbing. Otherwise I'm a shade of purple.

I learned this week that talking into a microphone is really, really fun! I do have to learn not to put the microphone IN my mouth, though! I'm quite the singer, however! I can't wait for toddler night at the Karaoke joint! I'm thinking I might do my signature song, Itsy Bitsy Spider.

It's fall and that means it's time for college football again! Daddy and I sported our Michigan shirts and cheered on the Maize and Blue to a victory over Notre Dame! I sensed there was wayyy too much tension at the end of the game where it was really close and it was a key 3rd down, so I just shut the TV off. Mom and Dad yelled "Megan!" and by the time the TV got back on, they could see that they made the 1st down and there was nothing to worry about. I think they appreciated my efforts. Although they did hand me the fake remote after that...
Mommy and I went to the apple orchard and met her friend Brea from graduate school and her daughter Eden. Eden turned 1 in June so she is a bit younger than me. We had lots of fun playing on the kiddie tractors, watching the goats, and running around the apple farm! There is a winery attached to the apple farm and they were doing a "grape stomp". It looked like great, messy fun! At the end when it was time to go, Mommy told me to give Eden a big hug and I did. Eden wasn't so sure about my hug, but Mommy and Brea thought it was really sweet of me.

Today we had church. I did ok in nursery. Not the glowing report of last time, but I made it the entire service. Mommy and Daddy had nursery duty today too so they were happy that I was able to stay in my own room. Tonight we went to our potential new church. We are thinking about joining a church that is being "planted" by our current church. It is currently located really close to our house which would be nice. Right now we drive into the city for church. Anyway, we are starting to meet on Sunday nights. The problem is, the church service is held in a building that we go to regularly as it has an indoor park. So I'm used to just running around and playing there, and not sitting through a church service. Plus there isn't an organized nursery yet, so Mommy and Daddy have to entertain me. Let's just say they didn't get to "experience" much of the service. Mommy and Daddy thought they'd just take turns with me so they could each at least be part of a section of the service, but for some reason tonight I wanted both my mommy AND my daddy with me.
I promised you last week that I'd do a better job of updating you with all my new tricks! Here we go!
- My vocabulary seems to grow every day. Some words quickly become favorites. Things I say over and over and over in any given day
- Mommy! Mommy Ommy Ommy!
- Mommy! Daddy!
- Uh Oh
- No! No No No No!
- Peas! (Please)
- Kitty
- Ash (as in Ashley the cat) or Alx (as in Alex the other cat)
- Bye! Bye Bye! See ya! Seeyalayer (see ya later)
- Up peas (up please)
- Cheese
- Puppy! Arf arf arf!
- Juice!
- Shoes! Shooooooes! (and then I wander around the house yelling shooooes when we are looking for my shoes. This happens at least 4 times a day)
- Pane! (plane) and then I point to the sky. We have lots of planes that fly overhead in the afternoon
I say lots more than this, but these are the things that get repeated over and over and over
- I really really really like my neighbor girl named Bella. She is 9 I think and she is my hero. She always says hi to me when I'm outside and always gives me high fives. I look out the window several times a day and say "Bella! Bella!" hoping she's outside. Now that school started this week it is lonely for me during the day since a lot of my neighbor friends go to school.
- I get to go to school this week! Mommy and I are taking an ECFE (Early Childhood Family Education) class. It's called "Toddlers and Twos" so it's just for kids my age. I'm excited to get to go to school! I'll let you know what I learn next week!
- Mommy is going to try and videotape me saying all my words this week. I have to be in the right mood and I will repeat everything that you say to me. Mommy says, "Megan say __________" and then I will say it! Mommy's favorite is when I say "puppy" as apparently I say it really clearly and really cute! She's a bit worried that I'll be on a roll, she'll turn on the camera, and then I'll stop as that's what I usually do. It may take a few weeks for this to actually happen!
Well I'm beat so I should head to my crib. Until next week.....................
No comments:
Post a Comment