Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Week Part 2: Trip to Texas!

 On Friday we woke up early and headed to the airport. I'd been really excited to go on a big airplane to see Papa and Nana.  I was really good on the flight.  With some snacks and my Dora movies I was good to go!  Mommy told me that Papa and Nana were going to "pick us up at the airport."  To that I replied, "Mommy's too heavy!"  Mommy told me not to take things so literally and then vowed to go on a diet. 
We ate lunch at Denny's where I had a baseball pancake.  That was really thrilling for me.  Then I ate my bacon which shocked my parents.  I got a particularly fatty piece and had some trouble chewing it.  I kept in in my cheek and about 20 minutes later I finally swallowed.  By that time we were already on the road to our first stop, Galveston! 
 We checked into our hotel and decided to go see the 4D Dora movie that was playing at our resort.  This was super exciting for me.  My first movie, and it was DORA and in 4D.  I did pretty good at keeping my glasses on.  Everyone enjoyed the movie and I enjoyed telling everyone about it the rest of the trip. 

 That night for supper we decided to go to the Rainforest Cafe.  Mommy and I go there all the time at the Mall of America to visit the fishies but we've never eaten there.  My parents thought it was a great idea to go there as we'd been talking about going for a long time.  All was well until these large elephants "came alive" and started trumpeting loudly and "shaking their ears" and "shaking their heads".  I burst out crying and was really scared.  After that, I refused to sit in my own seat and wanted to be held.  Also, after that, everything about the restaurant was scary.  Amazingly  I ended up eating my dinner (on Mommy's lap) and to everyone's delight, I went poop on the potty and got to pick out a present in the gift shop.  Before we left, Mommy convinced me to go see Cha Cha, the frog.  Usually I'm all about big stuffed things but I was still a bit on edge.  The other highlight of dinner was the balloon animal artists.  They were raising money for a missions trip.  They made me an awesome kitty.

 Due to no nap, it was time for bed when we got back from dinnerf.  I slept in a queen bed for the first time and loved it!  I had my friends Dora and Boots to keep me company.

 This is me the next morning, nice and refreshed, and showing off my kitty balloon animal.

 After a buffet breakfast it was time to hit the water park!  I was just a tad excited!!  This is me in the elevator.  I always head to the back of the elevator and hang on to the bar.  Always.

 The water park had lots of different areas.  This was the "splash pad" where there were all kinds of things that splashed water all over. 
 This is Daddy and me in the splash pad.  Since Mommy despises getting water splashed in her face, this was a Daddy-Megan activity and Mommy took the pictures.

 One of my favorite things to do is to get Daddy wet.  It's so fun and he seems to not mind.  They had these fun little jet ski things that had a water spout to squirt.  It was fantastic.

Lazy rivers are also fun.  I like going in the tube.  

 This is the first time I went down the slide with Daddy.  The slides were pretty slow so we all thought I'd do fine by myself.

 This is me coming down the slide head first on my back.  That is not how I started..... oops. I didn't cry but we didn't do that again. 
 When we got back to our room we discovered that Dora and Boots got turn down service.  Nice!
We headed to the restaurant to have some lunch and refuel.  Then it was time for a different water park.
 The other water park was an indoor one.  I had a lot of fun going down slides, splashing around, and making up little games.
 This froggy slide was pretty cool.  You slid down the frog's tongue! It was very silly.

 After a long day of water parks, it was time to get cleaned up for dinner.  We ate at a fun Texas-y restaurant across the street from the ocean.  After dinner we went over to see the ocean. I liked all the big waves!
 The next morning we went to IHOP.  I love IHOP and got my "usual" --the smiley face pancake.  After breakfast we went across the street to spend some time at the beach.

 I thought making footprints in the sand was sooooo cool.  This is Nana and my footprints.

 Papa, Daddy and me jumping waves in the ocean.  It was really windy so there were big waves. I loved it!
I thought it was great fun to crawl around.  It was all fun and games until.......
                                              
 ......a big wave came and I got my first taste of salt water. 

 I recovered and it was time for more ocean fun!

 We went out a little deeper and got big splashes from the waves.  It was AWESOME! 

After the surf...it was time for some sand!  I was able to practice my yoga and make a sandcastle at the same time.
 Daddy and I made a really cool sand castle.  Daddy had to fix it a lot as I kept destroying the towers he was making.
 Our finished product!  You can't see it, but the castle is adorned with "shiny shells" that we found.  We headed back to our hotel, got cleaned up, checked out and headed toward Nana and Papa's house.  I was so exhausted I fell asleep in the car.  I pretty much never sleep in the car anymore so this was big. 

 When I woke up we were at the Houston Children's Museum.  Time for more fun!  They had this awesome mirror where it looked like there were lots of Megan's.  My parents got a glimpse of what life would be like if I had been multiples. 
 I got to drive an ambulance.  I was a very good driver!
 Time for a little shopping in the market.  I thought this crab was pretty funny.  The market was a lot bigger than the one at our museum at home.  And the checkout computer actually worked.  It had a touchscreen that you could push what the item was.  Very high tech!

 I had fun playing in the outdoor water tables.  I got absolutely soaked though. Luckily it was really hot outside!
 They had an obstacle course for kids.  I was a champ at this.  This is me climbing up an incline holding onto the ropes.  I could do it really quickly.  I think I'm ready for boot camp!

 I enjoyed pretending I was a vet.  This is me taking care of a little guinea pig. 

 After the museum we went to Nana and Papa's house for the more relaxing part of our trip.  I was so tired that I pretty much just ate dinner and went to bed.  The next morning it was time for playing!  I loved playing this flute.  It mysteriously disappeared after awhile.  It was too bad because I think everyone was really enjoying the joyful noises I was making.

 We decided to go to the park in the morning since it's the coolest part of the day. 
 There were some friendly ducks at the park.  I kept trying to get them to come to me but as soon as I got close they waddled away.  There is a video of this at the end of the blog.

 After the park it was time to take a nice cool dip in the pool. 
 This is me in my "boat" a.k.a. a pool float, with my "paddles" a.k.a. a broken pool noodle.  I did lots of "paddling" around the pool.  I also insisted that Daddy use the paddles if he was using the pool float. 

 The next day we went to another park.  It was called Candy Cane park but there were no candy canes so that was a little disappointing.  Luckily they had lots of fun things to play on.
 Weeeeeeeeeee!  So much swinging fun! 

 Time to cool off in the pool again with Papa. 

 Texas is going through a big drought, so Nana and Papa's lake now has a nice little sand bar in front of their house.  We thought it'd be fun to check it out and maybe play in the sand.  The sand ended up being kind of mucky so we didn't hang out there very long.  We did find lots of big clam shells and some garbage.

 This is my official Barnabas the bear photo of the visit.  Mommy likes to keep track of how tall I'm getting in comparison to the bear.
 And here we are at the Houston airport getting ready to go home.  I kept telling Mommy I wanted to see the cow.  Mommy said "Megan there isn't a cow!"  Then she looked and saw the cow astronaut and understood what I was talking about. 

Time to go home!  I had another great flight.  I'm quite the little traveler.

 
Our hotel in Galveston had a free bouncy house to jump in!  Talk about cool!!!  I played Ring Around the Rosie with myself.  I mainly just did the "ashes ashes we all fall down" part.



This is Papa, Daddy and I jumping the waves in Galveston.  You might want to turn the sound off for this one as it was really windy so the sound is kind of annoying.



This is me at the children's museum.  I found some maracas and gave Daddy a drum and we had a parade.  We do this sort of thing at home all the time.

This is me doing my "paddle paddle paddle" in the pool.  First step pool, next step the open water!  My parents say the next step is many, many years away!


After a little less than a week in Texas, my swimming greatly improved.  My teacher at swimming lessons was really impressed on Wednesday when we got back!  I am now a champion bubble blower, and have gotten my kicking and "scooping" down.



This is me chasing the "quackies" (my term for ducks) at the park by Nana and Papa's house.  I'm not sure why they were so afraid. 

Phew! That's it!  Back to regular blogging next week!
Megan

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip - Dora looked so fun Megan!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an exciting trip! Glad to hear you're a good traveler!

    ReplyDelete