Sunday, March 25, 2012

March Madness

 The wonderful weather continues.  We had a few days this week where we even had our air conditioning on because it got so warm!  Mommy's allergies are in full swing, we have chives that are ready to harvest, and also catnip.  The thyme is sprouting.  Trees are getting leaves.  It is crazy!  Today our neighbor mowed his lawn---in MARCH---in MINNESOTA! 

 This week I made myself a train out of pillows and cushions.  Ashley and Alex's cardboard scratching boards made for a fantastic whistle. 

 I had a play date on Friday with my friend Marah.  She will be 2 in June.  Whenever we have a play date we have a "cookie and milk break" at my little table.  Marah hasn't been here since January but as soon as she saw my table she pointed to it and said "Cookie!"  Good thing Mommy made cookies! 

 On Saturday we had a Daddy/Daughter day.  We went to one of my favorite parks! 




 After the park we came back for lunch and Daddy successfully made me macaroni and cheese.  He was really proud of himself.  And it was pretty good! 

In the afternoon we went to the Y for open swimming.  I love getting to go in the big pool and after a lot of prodding, I put my face in the water.  I can do all the strokes for my current swimming lesson class but I can't "pass" until I will put my face in the water for my teacher. 

What else is new with me?

  • We went out to eat at Smashburger on Friday night.  It was my best eating out yet.  I ate my entire grilled cheese (minus the crusts) and I was really well behaved the whole time.  Everyone was so happy for a peaceful meal.
  • This week the toilet seat in my parents' bathroom cracked.  After that, I really didn't want to use their broken potty.  I said, "We need to go to the potty store to get a new potty!"  After our successful dinner at Smashburger we went to the "orange store" (Home Depot) and got a new one. 
  • Speaking of potty...the last two nights I have stayed dry all night!  My parents were so proud of me although they are not totally sold on my methods.  The last two nights I have woken up around 2-3 a.m. with a screaming cry that startles them out of their bed and then they have to take me potty.  I'm so out of it/half asleep, I really can't do it myself.  Last night I guess I kept telling Mommy while somewhat crying, "I need to eat supper!"  She told me that I did eat supper and it was night night time.  I then said, "I need a brownie!"  Mommy told me we didn't have brownies anymore (we had some earlier this week).  I got upset and said, "Mommy and Daddy ate all the brownies?!?!"  Mommy reminded me that I had eaten two of them.  And then she asked me to go potty so we could all just go back to bed.  After all that excitement, I went right back to sleep.  Mommy took a little longer.  So anyway, some positives and some negatives.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment