This week was National Lutheran Schools week and since I go to preschool at a Lutheran church, we had lots to celebrate there. We had some special chapel activities and also had dress up days. On Tuesday it was costume day. We were supposed to wear something "simple" a.k.a. a costume that a 4 year old can wear and still be able to go potty independently. Luckily I got this lovely Rapunzel costume for my birthday. It was perfect for this occasion. Elegant yet practical. On Thursday it was silly hats and socks day. No one took my picture, but I wore my Minnie Mouse ears from Disney World and wore mismatched socks.
There are many benefits to having a baby brother around. I've found that Mommy's nursing pillow also makes for an excellent perch for my iPad.
Baby Andrew is two weeks old now and I still love him a lot. I give him a lot of kisses.
Last Sunday we managed to all make it to church! This was our first family outing that didn't include a doctor's visit. Church was neat as I've now grown out of the nursery and get to go to "big church" and then during the sermon they now have a special kids church time in a different room. I'm the youngest one in kids church as it is for ages 4-12 and I just turned four. I can hold my own with the big kids. I answered questions and even taught the pastor a few things about Jesus. He told us that Jesus is our saviour. I said "Jesus is a king!" Today was my second visit to kids church. Mommy asked me what we learned. I said, "We learned about Jesus again."
Great Aunt Donna and Great Uncle Brad sent me this United States map puzzle for Christmas or my birthday. I don't remember which because I opened them on the same day. Anyway, to say that I love this puzzle would be an understatement. I do it at least two times a day. I'm getting really good at the puzzle itself and can identify quite a few states. I always place Minnesota, Florida and Texas first...then I work on the other states. I have stated several times that I really want to go to Iowa.
Since Daddy has been home on paternity leave we've had some time to do some fun things together. Last week before it got super cold we went ice skating.
I had lots of fun ice skating with Daddy!
After skating I had to get in a little snow swinging at the park before we left.
In other exciting news, Daddy had a birthday this week. I sang happy birthday to Daddy. In a couple years Andrew will be able to help me out.
On Thursday my Nana and Papa came on an airplane from Texas. I haven't seen them since July so I was very excited for them to come. Nana and I worked on a craft gift I had gotten as a big sister gift.
Everyone thought maybe we'd do one of the crafts in the box, but I was pretty insistent that we do ALL the crafts. It kept us busy for awhile!
Papa is fun to play with too. This is us getting ready for a very fun picnic we had.
This afternoon we went to the Ice Castle at the Mall of America. They had ICE PRINCESSES there! The ice princesses were my favorite part of the ice castles.
I had lots of fun exploring through the icy caves!
Daddy and I all bundled up!
Sitting on my ice throne. Everyone else was cold but I needed lots of convincing to leave.I reported back to the ice princesses several times during our time there.
Nana and I at the ice castle.
After church today we went out for lunch at a local cafe. I was so excited when they brought my milk, they also brought me a water with a lid and a straw. Two beverages! So exciting. I thought it'd be fun to drink them at the same time. So I had really watery milk and thought it was great. Everyone thought I was so silly. What else is new?
- At bedtime we each pick out a Bible verse to recite. Mommy picked Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." I asked, "What does paths straight mean?" Mommy and Daddy explained. Then I said, "Sometimes my feet get stuck in the bush." Mommy and Daddy laughed as I was talking about when I sled in our backyard and my path doesn't go straight and I end up in the bushes!
- Daddy goes back to work this week. Thankfully Nana and Papa are still here to help us out. We are still adjusting to having a baby in the house!
- We weighed Andrew on the Wii fit and he was about 8 pounds, 10 ounces at 2 weeks. We're not sure how accurate Wii fit is but we are proud that it appears that he has gone beyond his birth weight by 2 weeks old. An overachiever that Andrew! He'll be out of newborn clothing in no time!

No comments:
Post a Comment