Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Is this heaven? No it's Iowa

As you may remember, I've been talking about how I want to go to Iowa ever since I got my United States of America floor puzzle. My parents aren't sure what it is about Iowa that has me so intrigued.  Anyway, my dream came true this weekend when Grandma and Uncle Steve took me to Iowa!  First of all, I was very excited to go to Grandma's.  I was very happy to have 100% attention for a couple days.  And then when we got to go to Iowa?! Perfection!
 
 Iowa is amazingly close to Grandma's house. I had no idea.  We went over the border to the Iowa visitor's center. 

 This is a map of Iowa and me pointing to where we were. 

 I was really impressed with all of the maps.  A trip to Iowa and a lot of maps to look at?! It doesn't get much better.

This is me standing proudly with the map of Iowa.
 

 True to Iowa form, the visitor's center was a fancy barn!  Cool!


The nice Iowa lady that worked at the visitor's center wasn't used to seeing such enthusiasm for Iowa from such a young person (or really any person..)  She gave me a map! 
 
 Checking out my new map with Grandma..

Time to say goodbye to Iowa..........

 We headed back over the border to Minnesota and went to the Minnesota visitor's center.  I wasn't nearly as impressed. 
 So what else is new?  It seems like every day I'm breaking something and needing Daddy to fix it.  This was the collection of things ready for Daddy to super glue. 

On Monday we headed to the Mall of America. I'm going to my first Daddy-Daughter dance on Thursday.  It's a Princess Ball!  I needed a few items to complete my Rapunzel look and I had finally saved enough money to purchase them at the Disney store.  While we were there, I thought it'd be fun to go on a ride.  Mommy took me on the swings.  We hadn't been on a ride like this together in a really long time. 

I have a fun week coming up! I'm "Star of the Week" at dance class tomorrow so I'm pretty pumped about that.  As star of the week, I get to lead my class in a dance of my choice.  Be looking for a video of this next time! 

I had my preschool screening and I passed with flying colors.  The teacher said I was very expressive and was impressed with my vocabulary and communication skills. 

Catch you after next week! 

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment