Sunday, March 3, 2013

Dance Star of the Week

 Hello!  I'm back!  The last two weeks have been fantastic.  First of all, I was picked "Star of the Week" for dance class.  This meant that I got to wear the special princess crown, pick out a song, and teach my class a ballet dance.  I have had my song picked out ever since I learned about the possibility of being star of the week...."Once Upon a Dream" which is Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)'s song.  It's my favorite princess song.  I had the class start in first position as demonstrated in the picture.


This is the video of me teaching the class.  My choreography included mostly arabesques, a few spins, and a few jumps.

I loved my time as Star of the Week and can't wait until I get to be Star of the Week at preschool.  There are only 3 kids left in my class who haven't been Star at preschool.  I have been waiting not-so-patiently for my turn.  It's looking like sometime in April it will be my turn.  Mommy empathises with me because in Kindergarten they had a thing where you were the "Beary Special Person" and Mommy was so excited to be that person. She was so excited that she gathered the pictures she was going to share right away...and then was the very last person to be picked toward the end of the school year. 
The other SUPER special thing that happened since I last blogged was Daddy and I went to the Cinderella Swing a.k.a. "The Ball".  It's a special daddy-daughter dance that is put on by community education.  I was so excited to dress up as Rapunzel.  It was too bad that Daddy didn't have a Flynn Rider costume, but a suit was ok too.  I asked him to wear a tuxedo but this was the best he could do.

The "ball" included all the princesses like Ariel....

And Tiana.....   I got all of their autographs in my little notebook.

Princesses eat my favorite meal apparently.  Mac and cheese and chicken strips!
Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and me.

Rapunzel, Belle and me!
 
Daddy and me on the dance floor.

 
Take a look at all the dads and daughters!  It seemed to be the premiere event for little girls in our town!  The event sold out a week ahead of time. I'm glad Mommy was on the ball and got us tickets early!

Daddy had to take a work trip to California this week so Grandma came to stay with us to help Mommy.  Mommy was very appreciative as my baby brother isn't sleeping great at night and then he came down with a cold.  He is feeling a little better now but still kind of stuffed up.  Poor Andrew doesn't know how to blow his nose yet.  I have been trying my best to entertain him.  We put together his new play mat this week and he loves it!  I picked this out this fall when we went to a consignment sale. 
I still love my baby Andrew so much.  I tell everyone I meet about him.  I went to the dentist last week and said "Hi I'm Megan..I have a new baby brother Andrew! He's at home with grandma!"  Speaking of the dentist I had a very good visit.  For the first time I let them clean my teeth and I didn't fuss or cry.  Afterwards I declared that I never wanted to go back there again but Mommy told me I'd have to go every 6 months for the rest of my life.  Ugh!  I was ok with the cleaning part but wasn't a big fan of the fluoride "painting". 

What else is new?
  • It's been an adjustment having a baby brother. For instance, we used to go places a lot more often before he was born.  Last week after Mommy picked me up at preschool I asked her, "Mommy I want to go someplace really special."  Mommy said, "Where would that be?"  And I said, "Target".  She said no as it was really cold that day.  I said, "How about the museum?"  She said no to that too. 
  • In children's church this morning we learned about Noah and the flood.  I was telling my parents about it.  I said, "Noah's boat...it was sort of like a rescue boat." 
  • I also mentioned that I talked in class.  They asked me what I said.  I said, "I told them it was a United States of America flag."  And then I went on to tell them how I told my class that Daddy went on an airplane from California to Minnesota and showed them on the map the states he flew across.  I'm REALLY into maps these days.  Our children's church meets in the library of the elementary school (which doubles as our church on Sundays).  On the floor is a rug that is a map of the United States.  I love this!
  • When Daddy was flying home from California Mommy used her Delta app on her phone to show me Daddy's current location.  I was fascinated with this and wanted to know where Daddy was about every 5 minutes.  Mommy had to put some limits on how many times we were going to check on Daddy.
  • When Daddy got home he said that he flew over our house.  He could see some various local landmarks like the Cub Foods that is near our house.  I said, "Daddy couldn't land the airplane at our house."  Mommy said, "That's right.."  I went on to say, "He couldn't land here because we don't have the suitcase slide." (That would be the conveyor belt that takes the suitcases off of the plane).  Mommy said, "True..that and many other reasons why an airplane couldn't land at our house. 
Have a great week! Check out Andrew's blog next week!  andrewstevenvance.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment