Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Break? More like WINTER break!

 Hello! Mommy has been trying to find little things for us to do during the day that are special since my life has changed quite a bit since baby Andrew arrived.  On this day we had a picnic in the living room! 
 Minnesota weather has forgotten to look at the calendar and it seems to want to hang onto winter forever. We've had a lot of little and some bigger snowfalls this month which means lots of playing in the snow. I'm just fine with snow and get excited about it.  Everyone else is pretty grumpy about it! 

 Daddy came home from work early one day and took me to the sledding hill not far from our house.



 We came home and made a snow fort in the front yard.  It is pretty impressive!


Helping Daddy shovel the driveway.

 It was spring break last week which meant no preschool and no dance.  Since I didn't have any of my regular activities Mommy had to get creative and we made a tent in the living room.  When Daddy got home he thought he could do a better job so he made some improvements to the design and added to the size.

 The view inside the tent.  Everything you need:  candyland, an iPad, a frilly umbrella, library books, and a pillow.
 Daddy built me a "tower" and as Rapunzel, I let down my long hair.


  Mommy made a yummy dip using Funfetti cake mix. I was pretty disappointed when the dip didn't turn into cake. I had a hard time with this concept of a cake mix not turning into a cake. So the next time we went to the grocery store I asked if we could get the sprinkle cake and make it into a cake. So we did. I was very proud of my baking!

 Just hanging out at home!
 
 On Saturday we got packed up and headed across the river to Wisconsin.  Daddy and me went with my friend Marah and her daddy to a snow tubing place.  Andrew and Mommy stayed at Marah's house with her mommy and her new baby sister.

 Snow tubing was awesome!  It was quite the workout for Daddy as he had to hold me and the tubes and take us up the tow rope. 

 A view of one of the big hills I went down!

 I conquered the double black diamond hill.  These adventures are always better with Daddy because Mommy would have been nervous about me doing this.  Daddy assured Mommy that I'm really good at hanging onto the tube.
Time for a little snack break!  I had juice and popcorn.  Snack of champions. 

What else is new?
  • I really want to go on vacation.  So much so that one morning I decided to pack my suitcase.  I packed:  my Rapunzel costume, pj's, underwear, socks, my sweater vest, Pinkie (my fuzzy orca), and my Minnie Mouse slippers.  My bag remains packed in hopes that I will be going on vacation.  Every night I usually sleep with Pinkie and wear my slippers but I cannot be convinced to unpack them.  I really want to go to California.
  • We went out to eat at Chammps on Saturday night.  While in the bathroom stall I noticed an advertisement on the wall for a local talk radio station.  On it was a picture of Tom Cruise. I asked Mommy who was on the poster.  She said "Tom Cruise" and I said, "Oh he looks just like Daddy!" 
  • I experienced my first snow day and preschool was cancelled.  I was not impressed.  Mommy said when I get older I'll be really excited about snow days. 
  • Mommy and Daddy went to parent-teacher conferences at preschool.  I got a good report from my teacher.  She said I was very kind to everyone and I do well at all the academic parts of preschool.  I apparently need to work on my hand-eye coordination. Mommy apologized for passing along that gene.
  • The most exciting thing ever happened last week.  When I came downstairs from rest time my preschool teacher, Miss Jackie, was here!  She stopped by during spring break because she had forgotten to give my parents my book order at conferences.  She thought I'd enjoy reading my new books over break.  I was so thrilled. My whole face lit up..much like it did when I met the princesses at Disney World. 

No comments:

Post a Comment