Mike the Knight was the main event of the day!
Mike the Knight isn't all that popular so the line was really short. That was good news because baby Andrew isn't much for standing in line. We went with my friend Isaac and his baby sister Clara. Clara probably isn't much for lines either. After seeing Mike the Knight it was time for a few rides. Isaac didn't want to go on any rides but he had fun watching me. I got to drive my own little bumper car. It was pretty tricky but I did well for my first time driving!
That was just the beginning of rides for the week. On Wednesday we hopped on plane and headed to Pennsylvania. Our main destination was Sesame Place, north of Philadelphia. This was the first picture of the day. This will be the last time that my hair won't be wet. It wasn't that I went on a water ride but rather the fact it was 105 heat index and I was very very sweaty!
The swings ride kept us nice and cool!
Elmo Fish ride!
A little heat wasn't going to stop me from climbing the nets.
A successful climb up Cookie Mountain. It took lots of determination and I didn't give up after falling many times. Daddy was so proud!
The highlight of the day was lunch with "Elmo and Friends". It was great. The buffet was mac and cheese, chicken strips, applesauce, all my favorites. The lunch was only half full so I got lots of quality time with the characters. Plus the a/c was on full blast and kept us nice and cool.
The Count was so silly!
Elmo!!
Cookie Monster love!
Abby Cadabby...a favorite! Mostly because she is pink and purple and sparkly!Cookie Monster handed out chocolate chip cookies! I couldn't believe it!
The dance party with the characters was so much fun. I got to do the Macerena with Cookie Monster!
After the party it was time for more hot rides! I have such a good Daddy that goes on rides with me. Mommy and Andrew spent a good portion of the day in the gift shop and the cafeteria..two places with a/c. Andrew had a hard time staying cool.
On the steps of Sesame Street!
Super Grover even made an appearance!
The Count and Zoe were spotted on the street!
Bert and Ernie were being so funny!
The next day we picked a cooler activity... the Please Touch museum! It's a children's museum where you are supposed to touch anything you want! Here is the floor piano made famous by the movie "Big".
I loved this mini piano!
This room was really loud. It had all these fun things that made music.
Say cheese!
Being silly with Daddy!
First I found this giant toothbrush and Daddy thankfully stopped me before I tried brushing my own teeth with it and steered me toward the giant set of teeth.They had a fun exercise area that had a little track and plenty of exercise equipment just kids size!
Working out!
Riding a little pretend street car
Blasting off a rocket!
Getting a check up in the little hospital that was set up.
After the museum we headed to the Liberty Bell. I was so excited to see it!
In front of Constitution Hall
After the Liberty Bell we cooled off in the visitor's center and found this Rocky statue.And I also found this guy who was advertising the Maritime museum. He was kind to let me get my picture taken with him.
On the last day we went to the aquarium across the river in New Jersey. I was excited to visit a new state! This was "Mighty Mike" the biggest alligator in the USA! I also got to see some sharks although "Sharks always make me nervous!" They also had a hippo, lots of fish, some penguins, and a fun kids area.
All in all, it was a fun trip..albeit very hot! Andrew will give his version of the trip in a few days so make sure to check out his blog.
- I've been having lots of "shows" at our house. One night I had a dance recital. Then I had an idea of having a pet show. I was trying to get Alex the cat ready for the big show by putting a jump rope on him. He didn't like that much and scratched me. I came out crying to Mommy and she noticed the jump rope. She said he didn't like stuff put on him. I said, "But Mommy it's the big pet show and he has to look his best!" My parents convinced me to use stuffed animals for the pet show and that worked out much better. Daddy got first place with his bunny who did magic tricks. I got second place with my piggy pillow and Mommy got third place with her amazing orca show. Tonight there is talk of a pet parade and picnic.
- When packing for our trip I brought down my piggy pillow, Pinky my fuzzy orca, and a pink bunny into a suitcase. Mommy told me that there wasn't room for all of that. I put them all in a suitcase and said, "Hey they fit!" Mommy then explained the only reason why they fit is that we hadn't packed anything else yet. Pink bunny ended up making the trip but got quickly discarded when I got a Abby Cadabby doll at Sesame Place and my new pink seal, which Mommy calls "Rosa" but I call "Pinkness"
No comments:
Post a Comment