Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Vacation Part II and My First Parade Appearances

 Just when you thought you saw all of the pictures from our Pennsylvania vacation, a few more have been found.  We got a new camera and it didn't upload all of them last time.  So here are the rest!

 The Aquarium had all kinds of things to pose with...and I wanted to pose with them all.

 A purple hippo...doesn't get much better than that!

 Peek-a-boo!

 Being silly with the shark
 This picture spans the generations.  I am wearing my grandma's hat from her senior tea in high school, my mommy's flower girl dress from aunt Bernadette's wedding, and playing my iPad.

 We had our annual block party.  Some storms were rolling in and thankfully the fire trucks came right before the sky opened up! 
 My annual picture inside the ambulance

 One last time in the driver's seat before the storm! 

 One night we had a fire in the portable fire pit and made smores after Andrew went to bed.  My parents were so excited because I actually ate a smore.  That might sound strange, but I'm very fussypants about combination foods. In the past, I would eat the marshmallow (not toasted), graham crackers and chocolate separately. This year I had a real smore...toasted marshmallow and all! 
 Daddy and I went on a little hike at the county park.  We saw lots of wildlife.

 

 I had my final t ball game of the year.  For some reason we always do the group picture at the end of practice instead of the beginning.  You'll notice I look pretty grumpy.  I was still pretty upset about not getting to field a ball.  I like to at least catch one ball.  This day I didn't get any, and I was not happy about that.
 This time I was the only girl on my team.  A couple boys from my old ECFE classes were on my team.  I didn't really remember them, but our mommies enjoyed catching up. 

 Daddy organized a family picnic and day at the St Paul Saints for his team.  We thought it was fun that this sign said Vance on it.  Andrew and Mommy came for the picnic but didn't stay for the game. 
 Last time I went to a Saints game I was a baby and I don't remember it at all. 

 Mudonna and I.
 The ballerina mascot and me
 Jump!
 More fun at the game
 Mommy and Andrew came to my last game.  I was much happier this day! I'm still learning about team work.

 This weekend we headed to Wells for the big Kernel Days celebration.  On Friday afternoon I got to go to the pool to make "my hot day cool" (as I said over and over and over).  I swam and played for two hours! 
 Grandpa and I watching the dunk tank.

I even got to dunk someone! Afterward I decided that Grandpa should go into the dunk tank.  He did not agree. 
 Playing at the playground.  The monkey bars were at an excellent height for me!


 They had a kids parade on Friday night.  You were to dress up as a princess or superhero.  I chose princess of course!

 I was really into waving in the parade.  It was good practice for the next day!

 My grandma was the Grand Marshal this year so her picture was on everything. I was pretty impressed to see her picture on this poster!

 Another shot from the kids parade
 
 On Saturday Mommy and I entered the cupcake contest.  We worked hard developing our recipe and perfecting our ear of corn cupcakes!  They were super yummy and even won a prize!  2nd place for overall flavor and appearance. 
 On Saturday night was the BIG parade!  Grandma, Grandpa and me got to ride in a fancy convertible and smile and wave to the parade goers! It was so much fun.  Lots of people sang happy birthday to grandma because it was also her birthday!  What a big day!

 After the parade we joined the rest of our family and friends to watch the rest of the parade.
 I got this fun beach chair from a garage sale.  I was really impressed with it!

 On Monday Daddy took the day off to take me to the zoo.  We've been trying to do this all summer and finally had the chance!  I loved feeding the giraffes!


 These camels looked like they were posing for a family picture! It was so funny!! 

 Feeding the goats was another highlight as was watching cows get milked.

 Farmer Megan
 There is a special dinosaur exhibit this summer.  I liked the mechanical dinosaurs but didn't like all of the huffing as you can tell in this picture.

 Penguins..much more my style!

 And fake turtles!
 
 I attended two dance camps in the last two weeks.  First was "Dance with Your Doll" where you got to bring a favorite doll to dance with.  I chose Mommy's old Cabbage Patch doll as our outfits matched!  Mommy even did our hair the same!

 On the way to dance camp.  I pretended "Mary" was in her car seat too!

I've been really into grilled cheese sandwiches lately ever since I started picking out a shape for them.  One day I picked submarine. Mommy wasn't sure it would work but it did!  Star and Heart are much easier to fit! 


The last dance camp I went to was "Itty Bitty Hip Hop". I was so nervous about this as I've never done hip hop dance before.  Mommy said the whole point of it was to try a new type of dance and have fun and that no one expected me to be great at hip hop.  I think I did a pretty good job.  This is our little dance we learned in just a couple hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment