Sunday, September 8, 2013

End of Summer Happenings!

Check out the veggies Daddy and I harvested one day! Our garden is finally bearing some fruit...errr vegetables!  I love picking things.  I am even willing to try garden veggies.  Win win!


This is Minnie,Mickey and me.  No we didn't go back to Disney World (bummer huh!) but we did go to our town's celebration "days" and these guys were there again at the travel agent booth. 


My parents said I could pick one game to play because they were five dollars a game.  I "won" this awesome princess bat.  I use the term "won" loosely as all I had to do is scoop up a bunch of ducks.  It didn't matter how many, or which ducks...just needed to scoop them up.  Then I got to pick out whatever prize I wanted. It was pretty much just paying 5 dollars for this bat.

I got an unlimited ride wristband so I tried out all the kiddie rides at least once.  Some I picked to go on twice.  I'm such a big girl now that I can get on rides, buckle myself in, and unbuckle after the ride is over. 
The next day, because I can't get enough of fairs, we headed to the State Fair!  I was so excited as I talk about the state fair all year long.  This year Daddy's work shirts were a pretty blue color!

This is me doing my annual farm work at the fair.

Getting ready to drive the tractor

Each year I get better and better at this.  I think next year I'll be too tall for this part.  You have to be less than 5 chickens tall I think. 

Daddy got me some ride tickets at work so I got to go on a few more at the State Fair.  I insisted on going on this thing,even though the night before I went on something very similar several times with my unlimited ride wristband.  Mommy thought I should go on something different but hey.I loved this thing! It was like an obstacle course.

The Dora swings. Always a State Fair favorite!

Bumper boats were a hit again!

I went on the kiddie ferris wheel.  The little girl was nervous about the ride, so I was a very good friend to her and then she wasn't scared!

We all went on the Sky Ride.  While waiting in line for the Sky Ride I saw one of my loyal blog followers, Robin!  Here's a shout out to all my fans at BEVCOMM!

And a trip to the State Fair is not complete without going on the giant slide.  I wanted Mommy to go on it with me this year.  It was a very hot trip up the steps for a very short ride!

That whole week was very very hot. I needed a way to "make my hot day cool."  Sprinklers and my little pool was perfect! 
So cool and refreshing.  Unfortunately my pool had a hole in it and lost most of its air.
Nice and cool! 
 
For Labor Day weekend we had our annual trip to family camp.  I got to drive the boat again. Each year I get better and better!

I took a little hike with Grandma,Grandpa, and Steve to the little tree house. There I made everyone follow an exercise routine.  Time to get in shape family!

The highlight of camp was the family variety show.  Mommy had asked me if I was interested in performing.  At first I said no.  Then one morning I woke up Mommy at 6:45 am to tell her I changed my mind.  Mommy said we would discuss it later.  We went through my music and found the perfect song for me to sing and dance to.  This is a picture of me practicing before the show.


And here is the big performance!

Another fun thing was the craft room.  I made a bracelet and one of the girls helped me make this cool headband.
I can even wear my headband as a necklace!

Toward the end of camp the weather got cool. What a strange week! 


I learned a little bit about ping pong

Carpet ball is a fun camp activity .  One of these years I'll start following the rules.
Grandpa's birthday usually falls during camp.  He enjoyed his little party.  I got him the same card as I did last year. It's just that awesome of a card.

I have a love/hate relationship with the Camp Bell that rings to announce the start of meals or activities.  Bobber Bill let me ring the bell!


Singing in chapel time was extra fun when we sang my favorite worship song "Our God"

This weekend we said farewell to summer by going on a little local camping trip.  Daddy and I made a stop at the ice cream shop.  It was extra fun because my friend Brynn happened to be there! 

We camped with my buddies Nolan and Logan. We had a little t ball game.

Batter up! 
I took a turn in Daddy's awesome camping chair.

A morning hike!
Daddy and me by the St Croix river
The bees were really bugging me so I ate the rest of my breakfast in the car.  Darn bees would NOT leave us alone.  My parents got really tired of me yelling BEE! every 5 seconds.

Tomorrow I start 4 year old preschool and dance starts!  Tuesday I have swimming lessons!  It all begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment