Thursday, September 18, 2014

Kindergarten Here I Am! And the rest of my summer!







 Ok it's time to recap the rest of my summer and tell you all about life as a kindergartener!  We took a short weekend trip to Brainerd in early August with two other families.  We always try to go on a weekend getaway each year.  Now the kids outnumber the adults! 
We stayed at a really nice cabin on a lake.  Daddy and I took a canoe ride.  This would prove to be very helpful for an event later in the month!

 We also went on a fun paddle boat ride.

 While our parents were packing up and cleaning up, we entertained ourselves with the iPad.

Andrew and I enjoying some swinging time in the backyard. 

Our new house is coming along well.  Now that it is getting darker earlier, we bring flashlights when we go check out the house.  This makes going to the new house much more fun.  Hopefully we get some light fixtures soon and can turn on some lights!
 

On the last day of music class we could bring a friend.  I knew right away who to bring..my buddy Ari!  We had lots of fun together as always. 

One of the most fun things I did this summer was go to the Children's Farm.  It was an 8 day morning camp where we got to work on a real farm with real animals.  We learned how to feed, water, and take care of many animals.  We also learned about gardening.  One of my favorite things to do was ride the ponies.  On the last day of camp, Mom got to come and I got to show her around and teach her about farm life. 
 
 
 

Midnight the pony and me!
 
 
Patches, the farm cat, and me

 
The chickens and me
 
A little lamb
 
 
One of the little lambs and me
 
The calf named Cowboy and me!
 
Time to bring some water to the steer!
 
Checking out the crops!  I planted radishes and lettuce.
 

This is me underneath the trellis of bean plants.  
 
Life on the farm is not just about work..also about playing!  This swing was a favorite!
 
Tire swing was pretty cool too!
 
 
 
After Children's Farm it was time to head to Grandma's for Kernel Days.  The inflatables are always a hit

 I especially liked the boot camp style one. 

 Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The parade is always a lot of fun too. My friends were there too so that made it even more fun

 Candy!
 Saying hello to the fire fighters

More parade fun
 
Taking a breather
Enjoying the parade with Grandma and Grandpa
 
 
 Next up was our town's celebration.  I braved the dragon roller coaster

 This was the first time I have ever driven a bumper car by myself.  I did go in circles quite a bit but it was still fun.



My friends Nolan and Logan came to our town's celebration too. 



 My dream came true. I've been wanting to do this bungee on the trampoline thing for so long. 

 Minnesota State Fair time!  I wanted to visit my friend Elizabeth Ries from Twin Cities Live (and myTalk 107.1) right away at the fair.  She was so excited to see me too!  She gave me a BIG hug.  I'm so excited for her because she is having a baby in December. Her due date is really close to my birthday so I'm really hoping her baby and me have the same birthday.

 This was Andrew's first time at the Little Farm Hands exhibit at the fair.  He did pretty well for a first-timer.
 I think next year I'm going to be bigger than 4 chickens.  This might have been my last year on the tractors. 
More rides!
 
This was actually at our town's celebration and not at the state fair. 
 
After the fair we came home, changed clothes, and went to my school to meet my teacher! I was so excited!  I got to meet my teacher and the other K-1 teachers in my neighborhood.  My school is different from traditional elementary schools as it is divided into three "neighborhoods" and you stay in your neighborhood throughout elementary school.  Also, the classrooms are multi-age so there are kindergarteners and first graders in my class.  I have a home room teacher but also have 2 other teachers that I will learn from in the K-1 team. 
We also made a stop at our new house.  This is me in my future bedroom!
 
 The last big adventure of the summer was our annual Labor Day weekend at camp.  It was a great weekend as always.
I did a little hiking with Steve.  He wasn't that impressed when I had to go to the bathroom while we were as far away from a bathroom as possible.  Let's just say he got more of a workout than he imagined he would on this hike. 

Driving the pontoon boat with Grandpa

Daddy and me on the pontoon.  Andrew refused to put on his life jacket so he and Mommy stayed back on land.


 I was telling a very serious story to Grandma.  I think she learned a lot from it.

 Photo shoot time





 
 Craft time is always a blast at camp.  I painted a cup and coaster.  Purple of course.

The roller slide is a favorite.  Myself and these two girls went down this slide A LOT.  And we squealed each time!
Remember me talking earlier about canoe skills development?  Well it sure came in handy for my first Daddy-Daughter canoe race!
 
 
 Getting the race instructions
Going to the starting line......

Coming back in victory!  We were not last!  The canoe that took on water was last...
 
We came back from camp, went to bed, and I woke up the next morning a kindergartener. 
 

We waited quite awhile at the bus stop for my  bus to come.  Finally a bus came, but it was from a different school district in our area.  The bus driver yelled out to us the name of our school and said to get on the bus.  My parents were confused because a different school district shouldn't be picking us up.  We went over to the bus to check it out.

\
Daddy talked to the bus driver who insisted he was supposed to pick us up so they let me go.  A few minutes after we left, our real bus showed up.  Dad told the bus driver what happened and she said she would make sure that we got to school ok.  Mommy was already planning on meeting me at school the first day to make sure that I got to my class ok so she and Andrew took off to school.  They waited 20 minutes for us to arrive! Mommy was very nervous about where we were.  We were very late for our first day of school!  Mommy reported what happened to the office.  Despite the rocky start, my first day of school went great. I came home bouncing off the bus declaring it was "The BEST first day of school ever!"  On the 2nd day of school my bus was 30 minutes late coming home.  After that, our bus issues have gone away and the bus is mostly on time.  A neighbor girl has become my "bus buddy" and takes good care of me.  She is great!
 
 
For Halloween this year I want to be Elsa.  But not the snow queen Elsa, Elsa in her coronation outfit.  This required a trip to etsy.com and much searching for a reasonably priced, handmade Elsa costume. 
I love my cape.  Andrew likes it too.  Mommy thinks she's going to have to get him a super hero cape ASAP! 
 
My mom recently helped to organize a fundraiser for a family in our church that is adopting a little boy from China.  My contribution to the benefit was to sing two songs.  Here is the video of one of my songs.

 
 
What else is new?
*  After my first day of school I declared, "I am the ONLY child in this family that had a busy day today!" 
*  The other day I decided that my school was too hard and declared that I wanted to go back to preschool where they also have kindergarten because I thought it would be easier. 
*  Andrew and I were playing in my room and he brought over a hat and tried to put it on my Elsa doll.  Mom said, "Andrew must think she needs to warm up!" and I said, "No Mom. Don't you remember? The cold never bothered her anyway!"
* I am in a kindergarten dance class and only one friend from my last class is in my new class.  I have a new yellow leotard and tutu and I'm ready to tap tap tap!
*  I'm taking a little extended break from swimming lessons until after we move. 
* We are still trying to sell our house so we have to pick up our toys and clean all the time. It's not fun.  Someone please come buy our house!! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment