Hi Everyone!
I'm back! I know, my blogging is behind and it probably always will be now. But don't worry, I'll fill you in with all things Megan!
Everyone took a ride on the carousel.
They had a kids lazy river that I spent a lot of time in.
And of course, there was a plethora of water slides both big and small.
Dad and I went on the high ropes course. I was a little nervous.....
Climbing wall time!
Still a bit nervous...
Then we went on the big Ferris Wheel. This is me at the beginning. Again, nervous.
And me after a round realizing that it was fun, not scary!
Dad and me on the go karts. Overall it was a really fun trip!
Nana and Papa came for a visit in mid January. They were here for Andrew's birthday. Whenever Nana comes, we do crafts and this time was no exception. I got lots of crafty kits for my birthday and Christmas so we had plenty to do.
And now a few more pictures from the Dells. Oops! This was the low course. Much less scary.
Me and the Gorilla at the Kalahari
Toward the end of January I got some amazing news. Mom and Dad made me a puzzle to figure out. The secret message read "April Disney Wonder." We're going on a cruise!! I'm so excited!
I'm trying to be a great big sister. It's a really hard job. One thing I'm particularly good at doing is helping Andrew down the stairs. He really prefers that I do it.
Doing a little ice skating with Dad. I 've gotten much more comfortable on the ice this winter. I look forward to this summer when I take lessons again at the indoor rink!
At the end of January it was Daddy's birthday. It's probably hard to tell in this picture that it was his birthday since Andrew and I were opening all of his presents!
Mom tried really hard to get a good picture of Daddy, Andrew, and me with Dad's cake but it just didn't happen. We had Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream cake. It was delicious. Everyone liked it a lot.
Part of being a big sister is dealing with a little brother who always wants to do everything you are doing. It's always most helpful when we have "2" of items. These ribbon wands were leftover from my birthday party. We ran around the house performing with our ribbons one day.
My school participated in the American Heart Association "Jump Rope for Heart". I was really into fundraising for it as I really had my eye on a certain prize. My parents kept reminding me that the purpose was to raise money for kids with sick hearts.
Practicing my jumping the morning of the big jump.
We had a spirit week at school to celebrate the first 100 days of school. Each day had a different theme, crazy hat day, crazy hair day, and my favorite "FANCY DAY!" Unfortunately it was fancy day in February so I had to wear a turtleneck under my dress and a sweater on top. And I had to stuff my dress into snow pants. But it was still awesome!
Just a regular day at home, you know in a pirate costume with your brother Olaf the snowman.
I did a round of swimming lessons this winter. I keep getting better and stronger the more I practice.
We have been making all kinds of different buildings with our new blocks. This one was North Mountain (Elsa's ice palace home in Frozen)
Dominos!
Play date with my buddy Lola. We made Frozen cookies
We had a school carnival that was so much fun!
I was particularly good at the horse races. I did this several times and won all of my races I think!
The highlight of the carnival was "Tape Mr. Krengel to the Wall." For a ticket, you got a piece of tape to tape our favorite gym teacher to the wall. I used several tickets.
Both Andrew and I like having block houses built for us. Lately our parents have been making "townhouses" with a shared wall.
We had a fun Valentines Day celebration at Good Times Park in Eagan. We love this place!
I started gymnastics lessons in March. It has been really fun and challenging for me. Jumping into the foam pit is a favorite as well as trampoline time and bars.
My other athletic venture was learning to downhill ski. I've wanted to learn for quite some time. we finally had a Saturday that was free from activities and a good temperature (It was actually pretty warm! 40 or so!).
Learning to ski was also challenging and I had to really keep trying as it gets frustrating falling all the time. But I stuck with it and did really well. Once I got my confidence up, I was doing really great.
This was my first trip down the bunny hill.
Heading down the hill on my own!
Turns are pretty hard!!!
Hot chocolate break!
We took a short trip to Duluth for spring break. Our first stop was the Great Lakes Aquarium. I particularly liked this weather map. I'm a big fan of all things weather. I have to read the weather portion of the newspaper every morning and give a report of the weather all over the world. Mom doesn't always appreciate my worries over thunderstorms overseas.
Fishing boat at the aquarium. Andrew and I caught all kinds of Minnesota fish.
Scuba diving Megan!
Andrew and I as otters.
Relaxing in the hotel!
Our next adventure was at the train museum. This place was amazing. They have real train cars that you can go in. The first train car was set up as a play area for kids. It was awesome.
Chooo chooo!
After dinner we went across the street to the lighthouse. Daddy LOVES lighthouses. The sky was so pretty that night and the weather was so nice.
Our last stop was the Duluth Children's Museum. It was fun going to a different children's museum and playing with new stuff.
When we got home the weather was 60 degrees! It was amazing and we got to go play at the park finally!!!
Andrew and I having a royal snack. Sometimes it's not so bad that your little brother wants to do everything you do!
I am doing gymnastics this spring. It is very challenging but it is also lots of fun too.
And that's what I've been up to this winter!
Thanks for hanging in there!
-Megan












No comments:
Post a Comment