
Hello!
It's been yet another eventful week for me. After I finished blogging last Monday Mom and I got ready for visitors! Grandma and Grandpa Vance came for a visit from Tuesday night to Saturday morning. I haven't seen them since I was three weeks old and they were amazed at all I can do now. I showed them all of my tricks and I think they were impressed.

Grandma Vance read me lots of stories and sang some new silly songs that I didn't know before.

Mom and Dad said it was nice to have more people to play with me..especially during dinner time since I like to sit at the table while everyone eats instead of play on my own. Mom and Dad always try to put me in my jumperoo to entertain me while they eat. They obviously haven't read the research that eating together as a family is very important (they'll be sorry if I start hanging out with the "bad crowd" in the nursery!). I don't think being near the dinner table counts so I usually fuss until I get to sit on someone's lap and try to steal things off their plate, take their napkin, or try to knock over their drink. I'm only thinking about my future!

While my Grandpa and Grandma Vance were here we took an outing to the Minnesota Zoo. They kept trying to get me to sleep but I was having too much fun looking at all the animals. I especially liked the pretty fishies. Mom and Dad kept putting in my pacifier and putting my sunshade completely over me trying to get me to sleep but they just didn't understand that I really really
really wanted to see someone special at the zoo before taking a snooze. That special someone was....

....the infamous BROWN BEAR. As in "
Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?" one of my favorite books! He was just as I imagined however I was a little disappointed that there weren't any red birds in sight. I mean..how is he supposed to see the red bird looking at him? Is this yet another inaccuracy in children's lit?

So after seeing Brown Bear I conked out and missed the rest of the zoo. I woke up just in time to see the dolphins and then we were headed home. I guess I missed out on feeding a giraffe which was VERY disappointing to me. Mom and Dad said we could go back sometime.

On Friday night I entertained Grandma and Grandpa Vance while Mommy and Daddy went on a date. They are married now so I'm not sure what the point of them going on a date was..but whatever! We had fun at home. Probably more fun than they had eating at a nice restaurant along the river. I'm not jealous at all. I woke up at 5 a.m. on Saturday to make sure I didn't miss saying goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa but they weren't up yet. I guess I got up too early so I was very sleepy and went back to bed until 8:30 a.m. so I ended up not getting to say bye and thank you for taking such good care of me! They drove all the way back to Texas and made it safe and sound! After all that excitement you'd think that is where this blog would end. If you think that you are wrong! A few hours after they left my other Grandma and Grandpa came and they brought uncle Steve with too! Mommy and Daddy had a wedding to go to in Wisconsin and didn't think I would enjoy the wedding too much so they came to babysit me. We also had a great time playing. I was having so much fun that after I had been sleeping for an hour and a half I decided to get up and stay up. Mommy and Daddy were so suprised that I was awake when they got home from the wedding since Grandma had told him how well I had gone down to bed. Mommy was mean and took me back to bed and did her magic tricks to get me to sleep. Then she went and told Grandma her tricks so I have no chance of getting to stay up late again! Mommy is always ruining my fun! This morning we all got up bright and early and loaded up Grandpa's trailer with the sail boat. It was time to take it to the cabin! I was soo excited as I hadn't gotten to go to the cabin yet. It really was about time. What kind of Minnesota baby has to wait until they are 6 months old to go to a cabin?

Here is my daddy climbing in the sailboat with Uncle Steve, Grandpa and Grandma Dalton observing. It was a bit tricky to start but then it was smooth sailing....

Here's Daddy looking like a pro out on the water. All was going well until he got to the other side of the lake where the wind really picked up and he flipped over! Uncle Steve was ready to come to the rescue on his kayak but then Daddy got the sailboat right side up and sailing again. Unfortunately the wind was too much for him and he flipped over again. By this point Daddy was really wishing that he had changed into his swimming trunks before heading out on the lake. Mommy was glad to see that he had at least emptied his pockets and his wallet and cell phone were safely on the table and not at the bottom of the lake!

Since it looked like Daddy was in trouble, Uncle Steve went out to try to help. By the time he got there the Water Sheriff had come to the rescue. The sheriff asked Daddy if he had experience sailing. At this point we all thought it was good Daddy wasn't wearing his "Navy Sailing Instructor" t-shirt. The sheriff gave Daddy a ride back closer to our dock towing along the sailboat and he made it back to dry land. Daddy learned a lot of good sailing lessons today such as "there are days when it is entirely too windy to be sailing" (today would be one of them!)

I was so glad Daddy was safe that I met him on the dock when he came in. Mommy didn't feel like slathering on the sunscreen so I had to wear this silly blanket outside. She is soooo paranoid about sun exposure. I'm not sure how I'm ever going to get a tan at this rate! Well it is entirely too late to be blogging so I must sign off. Have a wonderful week!
She's so darn smile-y and cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the play by play on the sailing lesson! I'm cracking up on my lunch break!! Yesterday was soooo windy!!
ReplyDeleteI too thought Brian's sailing attempt was funny! I half expected Brian to make some comment about being in the Navy, and then the Sheriff being a wise-a** about it!
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to save Brian from drowning. This may have been the only opportunity to get that crossed off my bucket list...
ReplyDelete