Monday, June 8, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance (24 weeks)

Happy Monday!

I apologize that I didn't get a chance to blog last night after I got home from my busy weekend! When we got home it was time for me to eat dinner and then take my bath and go to bed. It was so nice to sleep in my crib! It is so warm and cozy. I like going to visit my grandma and grandpa in Wells but I really don't like sleeping in the pack and play. And if I can't sleep--let's just say no one gets to sleep! Mommy and Daddy were really tired last night and glad I was back in my crib too I think. Just to make sure, I woke up twice last night so that I check on both my mom and my dad (they take turns getting up with me at night). They seemed to be doing ok so I didn't keep them up too long. Just long enough to greet them and cuddle a bit. I've been doing this a lot lately. Mom and Dad don't seem to be as into the late night snuggling as I do. One night last week I got up 5 times and they REALLY didn't seem happy with me. So the next night I decided to be quiet and sleep from 7:30 p.m.- 6:30 a.m. They seem to like that a lot better.


So in my most exciting news, I have a new boyfriend. His name is Jake and he just graduated from high school. Mommy used to babysit him when he was a little boy. She told us a funny story about the first time she ever babysat him and his sister they got locked out of the house when they went outside to play! That was before cell phones so they ended up walking to Mommy's house and hung out there until they could get ahold of someone with a key. Anyway--back to Jake. I went to his graduation party on Saturday night. It was cold and rainy but still a lot of fun. Mommy says that Jake is a bit old for me but I say that true love can stand the test of time. Jake says that his future plans include college and marrying a "smoking hot babe". I'm pretty cute now I think so if he can just wait another 24 years or so (gotta finish college first and establish myself in my career before getting married!!) I think he's found his babe (or baby more accurately!)

On Sunday I went to ANOTHER graduation party. This one was for my 3rd cousin Michael. He also graduated from high school. My favorite part of his party was the balloons! They were a blast to play with. I also got to play with Austen again which is always fun!


This is Michael and me at the party. Mommy said that she is feeling particularly old after this weekend and seeing how grown up these high school grads are!



Now that I'm getting so big (I was 14.8 pounds last week), I have graduated into my slightly bigger hooded towels. My froggy one is so funny! What else is new...oh! I take naps now! So I've always taken naps but I have been a fan of the 20 minute "power nap." Mom hasn't been as big of a fan of the 20 minute nap because she says that she can get "nothing done in 20 minutes." So out of nowhere I started to take 3 good naps a day. Mommy defines a "good nap" as 45 minutes or longer. I have been taking a morning nap, an early afternoon nap, and a late afternoon nap. Naps have ranged from 45 minutes to 2 hours! I feel so refreshed after my new long naps. I'm also eating lots of different fruits and veggies. Here is my list so far
  • Apples
  • Pears
  • Peaches
  • Prunes
  • Bananas
  • Carrots
  • Squash
  • Sweet Potatoes
Well I'm going to leave you with a few videos. One is of me in my swing playing with my fishies. I was getting SO frustrated that my one fish just would not stay over on the side! The other two are of me rolling! Mommy finally got it on camera!




1 comment: