Sunday, August 9, 2009

Safe and Sound (7 months, 3 weeks old)

Happy Sunday!

Well I'm happy to report that we made it through the bad storms last night. Whew! I actually slept through them but I hear there were all kinds of warnings issued. Mommy and Daddy were *this close* to waking me up to take me to the basement but luckily the storm went north and they didn't have to. They were glad about that since for some reason they thought it would be hard to get me back to sleep. I wonder what would give them that idea?


This is me wearing a dress that my Grandma Vance gave to me. All of my cousins got the same dress so when we see each other soon we are all going to wear them for a photo opportunity. The weather was finally warm enough this week to wear some really summery outfits!

On Wednesday we met Bella and her mommy Laura for a walk around the lake and park. Bella's mommy was making funny faces at her. I was amused and forgot to look at the camera. Oops! Bella's mommy had a birthday yesterday! Happy Birthday Laura! Laura is my hero because she took a huge bug off of me! Ewww gross is all I have to say!


This week I enjoyed playing with my new set of blocks I got as a present. Mommy keeps trying to to get me to put the blocks in the bucket but I prefer dumping the blocks out of the bucket and chewing on the bucket top.



On Thursday we met Callum and his mommy at the zoo. I haven't seen Callum in a long time so it was fun to see my old pal again. I got to see my buddy Brown Bear. This time he wasn't sleeping. In fact, he was having a bit of a scuffle with another Brown Bear. Still no sighting of a red bird however!




The highlight of the zoo trip was feeding the giraffe. Mommy was going to give me the cracker to give to the giraffe but decided against it when I opened my mouth to try and eat it. It looked pretty tasty but Mommy said it was giraffe food NOT baby food. The giraffe must have been veerrrry hungry because he took the cracker right out of Mommy's hand before she was even ready!





We took a little break inside so Callum could have his bottle. Afterwards we hung out on the bench. Callum wasn't paying attention to me at all so I had to take a drastic measure as shown in the picture. Mommy said that my aggressive approach wasn't very lady like. Daddy said he was going to have to have a "talk" with me.






Mommy was busy checking her email which I thought was boring so I had fun pounding on the chair!







On Saturday it was very hot and humid so I got to finally wear my new shirt from Grandma Dalton.








On Saturday morning I decided to get up bright and early. Daddy took me downstairs after Mommy fed me so that Mommy could get a little more sleep. We had fun pajama time! It was so fun I think I'll do it again next Saturday...









My old eating habit--putting my hands in my mouth has resurfaced. This makes for some VERY messy meals. This is me after a meal of blueberries and yogurt. Other new things with me include pulling myself into a sitting position (this is hard work!!) and playing a fun game with Daddy where he says "ahhhhhhhh!" and then I say "ahhhhhhhh!" It is so fun! Daddy then says "Daddy" and I say nothing. Daddy then says "Daddy!" and I stare at him. Then Daddy says, "ahhhhhhh!" and I say, "ahhhhh!"
Here is new video of my crawling. I'm getting better and faster! Watch out kitties I'm coming for your tails! I successfully got Ashley's tail this week. My goal for this week is to catch Alex!











1 comment:

  1. Cal would like to say that he is trying to play hard to get. He says he has his whole life in front of him, he doesn't want to get too tied down right now. :)

    ReplyDelete