
Whew! Another busy week for me! I just got back from Kernal Days and boy am I tired! I'll tell you all about my weekend later but let's start at the beginning.

I'm finding that the cats and I have a lot in common. We both like playing on the play mat.

We also like playing with cardboard boxes!

We like admiring ourselves in the mirror... oh wait..that's just me. The kitties aren't quite as vain as I am! Other things we have in common: watching the water droplets on the glass shower door is great entertainment, we take several naps a day (although Mom would argue that getting a cat to sleep is a lot less effort!), we need Mommy and Daddy to give us food and drink, we like the laser pointer game, and we let out cries (or meows) when we want something. I'm lucky to have to catsiblings!

Mommy really likes it when I play with my farm toy that is magnetic. It keeps me busy when she is making my lunch or trying to put away dishes. I haven't quite figured out how to put the magnetic animals in the barn but I do really like taking everything off the fridge! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Vance for the fun toy!

This week Mom and I just did some odds and ends. We didn't have any big outings or anything. Mostly we just got ready for our weekend getaway. On Saturday we went down to Grandma and Grandpa Dalton's house. I got some new duck jammies and liked to play with this orange frisbee. I thought it was funny to put it on my head! Saturday night Mommy and Daddy went to Mommy's class reunion and I stayed at Grandpa and Grandma's house. I tricked them into letting me stay up REALLY late! But I made everyone happy by sleeping from 12 am to 7:30 am straight with no wakeups. This is a record as I never sleep that soundly in my pack and play ever before! Grandma put on a fan for white noise and I got my own room this time (Mommy's old room!) so those things helped.

Today I got to go to the big parade. I was excited to see the Bevcomm truck as that is where my Uncle Steve works and I know I have a lot of fans at Bevcomm! Yay Bevcomm!

This is me really enjoying the parade. It was SO MUCH FUN! I loved seeing all the floats and the bands and the queens! It was a bit chilly today so Mommy made me wear my little white sweater. Who would have thought that I'd need a sweater when a couple days ago it was in the 90's and really humid! Crazy Minnesota weather!

This is Mommy and me hanging out at the parade!

This is a rare photo of my Grandma and Me (and Mom too) as Grandma almost always closes her eyes in photos. Maybe the trick is to take the picture outside!

After the parade we went to the park for the festivities for a little bit. We went to the petting zoo and saw sheep, goats, a potbelly pig, puppies, kittens, an alpaca, and some ponies. Although it was called a petting zoo Mommy didn't let me pet any of the animals. She said it was because I put my hands in my mouth too much. Hmpf!

The goats REALLY liked me. I wasn't so certain about them! We ended up leaving the park rather quickly as it started raining. Hopefully next year I can hang out a bit longer! Below are a couple fun videos of me. My new trick of the week is clapping! I haven't quite got it down yet (I still keep one hand in a fist) but it sure is fun to clap!
"Yay, Megan!" Looks like you enjoyed the parade and park. Like your matching hat and dress!
ReplyDelete