
Hello!
I hope you are all enjoying this summery weather we have been having! I've been looking forward to "fall" but it hasn't come yet! I have some new fun fall clothes that I've wanted to wear but it's still too warm out!

So what's new with me? Well check this out. Both Ashley and I are not so thrilled about this latest addition to our house. Daddy put up the gate so I can't go downstairs. Now Ashley (and Alex too!) has to wait for Mommy to let her downstairs if I'm playing in the living room.

On Friday night Nolan came over for a pajama party while Mommy and Daddy went out to dinner with their friends. Oh yeah, Nolan's Mommy and Daddy came to the pajama party too so we had chaperones. We had fun playing with the "I'm a Little Teapot" book and also playing with my new play table. Nolan liked it as much as I do.

This is us playing with my book. Nolan is MUCH better at finding the button that plays the song than I am! He's always two steps ahead of me!

I discovered that I can jump up and down in my pack and play. That sure is fun!

I also like to play with balls. I am learning to roll and throw! I like to play catch with Mommy and Daddy and get so excited when I roll or throw that I flap my arms in delight like a little bird!

I got a Gophers sweatshirt this week but it was too warm to wear it Saturday for the game so I wore my Stout shirt instead to be in the college spirit yet again. I wore my Cornell shirt last week so it was only fair to wear my Stout shirt this week.

I helped with a new chore this week---dishes! Now I help with laundry folding and putting the dishes in the dishwasher. Just call me Cinderella! Ok...ok..so I don't actually "fold" but rather crawl around the clean laundry and play with the socks. And I guess I was just hanging out by the dishes, not actually putting them in the dishwasher....however I would argue that the fact that I wasn't getting into trouble and Mommy and Daddy accomplished something...I'd say I was truly helping the cause!

Last night I went to my first bonfire! We were visiting Mommy's old College Republican friends so I thought they'd like my Republican onesie. Turns out they LOVED it! It was a hit!

I loved watching the fire! I was mesmerized! I was hoping for a S'more but I didn't get one! Mommy said maybe next year!

Today we went to church and I played in the nursery. This afternoon I took a nap and Mommy and Daddy have been glued to the TV/their laptops following their players on their fantasy football teams. I want to be interested in what they are interested in so I keep trying to look on their computers and try to push keys and they don't seem to like that. They keep giving me my laptop but I can't seem to get any actual websites to appear on mine. Mine just lights up and plays music (Kind of a lousy laptop I'd say!)
I haven't talked much about all my new tricks lately so I thought I'd list them here!
- I have been eating more and more "people food" like egg yolks, cheese, banana slices, etc. I am not very good at self feeding these foods though. They are a bit slippery to pick up (especially bananas) so I need some help
- I still LOVE veggie puffs and Cheerios. I'm super fast at picking them up and my accuracy in getting them in my mouth keeps improving everyday!
- I am now sleeping 12 hours a night consistently without wakeups. Mommy and Daddy have been doing some sleep training with me and it worked! I was putting myself down for naps too but have since relapsed and need some help getting to sleep for naps. I can't be perfect!
- I weigh 19.5 pounds according to Wii fit. Daddy says I'm getting a bit of a tummy. I told him that he is NEVER supposed to say that to a girl!
- I like to do laps in my crib walking holding onto the rail. This week I have started trying to walk from one piece of furniture to another. If my parents would keep pieces of furniture a little closer together I'd be much more successful at this! The trickiest is ottoman to ottoman where one of them is the ottoman for the glider. The gliding doesn't help!
- My favorite thing to say is "Da Da" Daddy LOVES this! Mommy wishes I'd learn to say "Ma Ma" I'm trying Mom I really am!
- I now can wave "bye bye" and "hello" (Alright I know it's actually the same thing..)
That's it for me! I turn 9 months tomorrow! I'm getting to be such a big girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment