
...if you think I'm cute! I wore my "Honk if you think I'm cute" t-shirt this week. I was a bit disappointed that no one honked but Mommy said that no one could read my shirt from inside their cars so I shouldn't feel bad.

I discovered that the new baby gate is a blast! It is really easy to hold onto and I can terrorize the cats when they are on the other side. Here is me taunting Alex. Alex is staying safely at the bottom of the steps. The kitties don't really like it when I try to grab them through the bars.

On Tuesday we went to watch Daddy play volleyball. His team won and is now in the championship this week. It was a very serious match that required us to pay close attention as you can tell by this picture. No time for playing with toys...volleyball is serious business!

Mommy took off my hat (or maybe I did...) and we discovered that I have enough hair to officially get "hat head." Check out my crazy hair! The rest of the week we didn't do anything too extraordinary. Just our usual "house stuff." On Friday we went to visit Mommy's old co-workers and have our monthly lunch. It started pouring rain when we were going to leave so we had an extended visit and got to talk to more people. They were so amazed at how big I've gotten!

On Saturday when I woke up from my nap I was surprised to find Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Steve sitting at our dining room table! They were having lunch with Mommy and Daddy. Whenever they come I know I'm in for some fun (and usually a new toy or new clothes. This time I got both!). Check out my cool walker! You can also ride on it which I discovered tonight (see photo toward the end of the blog). It is so much fun!! My feet don't quite keep up with the walker yet so it gets a little ahead of me. Daddy said I need some good brakes!

Daddy took this silly picture of me taking my nap since Mommy hasn't let him take a picture of me sleeping since I was really little and slept more soundly. He took a picture of the baby monitor so it's a bit hard to see. I'm up in the top right corner in my "L" position. I really think I need a bigger crib! Mommy and Daddy say I'm like the hands on a clock when I sleep as I roam the crib all night long. They describe where I'm at by saying a time of day like 9:00 or 12:00. The great thing is that I can roam all over the crib and switch positions and I'm still sleeping 12 hours a night consistently with no wakeups. I also got over my little nap issue I had last week and have been really good about going down for naps about 95% of the time without a fuss!

I'm now fitting into 12 month clothing so I'm really feeling like a big girl. These are totally big girl jammies as it is a 2 piece with snaps to keep my shirt and pants together and it has grips on the feet so I don't slip when walking around (well standing up and walking along furniture).

This is me before church this morning sporting my new purple jumper. Mommy said today was probably the last time I could go out without tights on since the cooler fall weather is coming. I was good in nursery today. They didn't even need to give me my "emergency bottle" this time.

After my nap we went to an apple farm! You can pick your own apples but Mommy decided she'd rather pick her own apples out of a bin instead of a tree. She said next summer we could pick them off the tree when I would care more about it. I'm excited about all the yummy apple dishes Mommy is going to make!

The apple farm also has a winery so we went wine tasting. Quite refined for a 9 month old I'd say spending an afternoon sipping wine! Ok..ok... so I didn't actually get to try any wine but Mommy and Daddy did and they said it was good. They said they would take me back for wine tasting when I'm 21. That's a long time from now!

After the wine tasting it was time to do more kid stuff. They had a petting zoo. I feel the same way about goats that I do about the ocean----I'm not a fan! Those goats were scary!!! I didn't cry but I did my "I'm-about-to-lose-it" whimper so we didn't stay too long with the animals. They had goats, sheep, donkeys, and ponies.

We came back from the apple farm and watched the rest of the Vikings game on Tivo. Well I only got to watch a little bit of it and then I had to take my nap so I didn't get to see the exciting conclusion. I won't say what happened in case any of my blog followers haven't watched the game yet.

Here is me riding my walker! Isn't that cool?! It can be a walking toy and a riding toy. My legs aren't quite long enough to push myself along so Daddy has to give me a little push. Below is a video of me riding my toy. Also a video of Mommy trying to get me to wave "bye bye". I like to wave a lot and then as soon as Mommy starts the camera I like to stop. In the video you get to hear me say my favorite word of the week "et." I say it all the time. Other variations I like to say are "het" and "it". I really ennunciate the "t" too. My other favorite thing to say is "da da." Still no "ma ma" and still no teeth! Maybe next week!
No comments:
Post a Comment