Sunday, September 6, 2009

Our State Fair is a GREAT State Fair (8 months, 2 weeks)

Hello!

Sorry this is a bit late but Mommy was at her Fantasy Football draft all afternoon so we didn't get to blog at our usual time. I was going to blog with Daddy but I thought that Mommy would feel bad and I tried telling Daddy my password but he didn't understand me. What's so hard about baaa daaa gaa doooo?

I got my first injury this week. It's hard to see in this picture because it wasn't really bad at all but I got a little bump on my forehead. It's the little red line in between my eyebrows. I was standing holding onto the porch door and lost my balance. You'd think I'd learn my lesson but I did the same thing a few days later and gummed up my tongue (I'd say bit my tongue but I don't have any teeth yet!) That hurt more than my usual bumps but I only cried for about 30 seconds and just had a few tears. I'm a pretty tough girl!

This is me and Daddy watching the Twins. We actually were flipping back and forth between the Twins game and the Vikings preseason game. I had a hard time picking which outfit to wear (Twins or Vikings t-shirt) so I made it easy by wearing both when I had a bit of an accident involving an outfit change.


A lot of people wonder what Mommy and I do all day when Daddy is at work. We have our own work at home to accomplish. First we have "school time" where we read books.



Then we do a little shopping (always staying within budget!)




We watch our programs. Mommy likes to watch the Young and the Restless. If I'm not napping I like to watch Jeopardy.





Then we figure out what to make for dinner and I get the ingredients for Mom.






Then we have exploring time where I figure out new places to climb and different things to pick up and put into my mouth. That is when Mommy declares that it is time to vacuum yet again to get all the little random things and she usually gets mad at the cats for knocking stuff off the counter (like coins, twist ties, etc).







At the end of the day I usually have a nice, warm, soapy bath!








Daddy makes funny faces at me and makes funny elephant noises!






On Saturday Grandma & Grandpa Dalton and Uncle Steve came to visit and we went to the great Minnesota get-together....the State Fair! I was sooo excited to go to the fair. We hopped on the park and ride bus but there were no seats left so we got to stand the whole time. Some nice people offered their seat to Mommy and me but Mommy declined.










Here we are at the front gates. It's hard to see Mommy and me but we're in there! Look for the lady in the striped shirt with the stroller!










Even though we were at the State Fair I found some time to make my important phone calls to my friends Nolan, Callum, Stella and Bella. I had to tell them what a fantastic time I was having at the fair.









Here is Daddy and me wearing our matching Boston Scientific fair t-shirts. Daddy's work sponsors a day at the fair for employees. We were at Mike and Tiffani's wedding last week so we missed it so we wore our shirts this Saturday. We saw a few other people at the fair wearing their shirts too so they must have been busy last Saturday too. The fair was pretty fun but I was a bit disappointed Mommy and Daddy didn't let me eat anything on a stick. That's apparently what you do at the fair. I was stuck with Squash! Mommy said next year when I have teeth that I could try something more interesting.











I visited the Republicans at the booth but there weren't any notable Republicans there. I did get a nice balloon though!









At the fair I got to see a few animals. Daddy and I watched a big cow eat some grass and I thought it was funny. There were so many things to see that I didn't take a nap in my stroller like everyone hoped. I was still in good spirits on the bus ride home. We got a seat this time so that was nice. This is me making faces at Grandma and Grandpa.











Today Daddy and I had lots of Daddy/Daughter time as Mommy had her Fantasy Football draft. She was gone for 6 hours! This is me after I got up from my nap! Daddy and I played a lot, went for a walk, went to the park (I got to go on swings and we went down the slide!), played some more, ate, took 2 naps, and showed Daddy all the things I like to get into that I'm not supposed to. Daddy said he was tired after taking care of me all day. Mommy understood!












All in all I had another fun week as an 8 1/2 month old. I have gotten really good at standing up and it is my #1 favorite thing to do. I can use about anything to help me stand. I can even take a few steps if I'm holding onto something. I went to nursery today and Mommy and Daddy didn't get paged so that is always considered a success. I didn't take a nap because I was just too excited to play with the other kids and all the toys. I'm also getting REALLY good at self-feeding. I used to get about 1 in 20 veggie puffs into my mouth. Now I get about 80% of them in. Mommy took video of me eating one day but it didn't turn out very well so we'll post a video of my eating skills next week. I'm also getting really good at talking. I like to say "da da da da" which makes Daddy happy. Mommy says it does not count as my first word since I don't really know what I'm saying. I also say "do do do" and "ga ga ga" and "ba ba ba" and "de de de" and lots of other babbling. See you next week!
















No comments:

Post a Comment