Sunday, November 15, 2009

Here Kitty Kitty (10 months, 3 weeks)

Hello!

How is everyone in blog world? I have had a pretty good week! I've been catching up on my reading this week. I'm especially interested in the classics--- you know like Seuss.

You might remember during the summer I got into the habit of taking my socks off so Mommy just gave up and I got to go barefoot since it was summer. Well now she makes me wear my socks everyday. I really don't like wearing socks so we came to a compromise. Mommy calls my socks "elf shoes" as I pull them halfway off which makes the toe part of my socks kind of curl up.

This is a front view. It's a bit of an optical illusion as it appears that I have giant feet. In reality, I have normal baby sized feet.
We didn't do too many exciting things this week but Saturday we hosted game club at our house. The theme was "Pajamas" so everyone came in their PJ's. Mommy wore Grandma's old Mankato State University jersey. It's from the 60's! I think it is what you would call an "antique." Game club was fun because we had overnight guests! "Auntie" Tiff and "Uncle" Mike from Madison stayed in our guest bedroom. You might remember that I went to their wedding in the Dells in August. I haven't seen them since then so I had to show them all of my tricks and get them caught up.



Some of you have inquired about the status of my teeth. They are almost all the way in now. I have a little space in between them right now. They'll probably come together more once my mouth gets a little more crowded.




Mommy and Daddy think that I might be on my 2nd set of teething as I'm starting to exhibit some behaviors of this: rosy cheeks, being overly dependent on my pacifier (normally I only use it when I'm in my crib, but today I wanted it all day long), and..well... let's just say I'm having a bit of a "bathroom issue." This happened right before I got my bottom teeth so we'll see. Here I am happily sucking away on my pacifier and excited about my new find....a little remote! I thought I had found all the remotes in our house but this one was really tucked away.





Since I got through the classics, today I went for contemporary literature like the works of Boynton. I was just getting to the good part of Snuggle Puppy when Daddy interrupted me to "smile" for a picture. Ugh! I lost my place...it was sooo annoying.





I have been terrorizing the kitties a lot this week. My favorite things to do are pull their tails and try to grab their feet. They don't seem to like it much. Alex tried to play dead so I would leave him alone but I knew better. Alex and Ashley should be happy because I learned how to say "kitty" this week. Before I used to say something that sort of resembled kitty. It was more like "ihh he" but Saturday I learned how to make the "k" sound.







This is me in my jumperoo. I haven't been in it for awhile since I don't usually like to be confined by anything anymore. But for this afternoon it was fun to "jump around" a bit.








This is me about 5 seconds before I flipped out. Mommy and Daddy didn't see what happened. I was standing here and then burst out crying hard. They have no idea what I did, but I wailed. Later they noticed a little redness under my eye so they are assuming that I must have hit my cheek. I wish I had a better vocabulary so I could have told them the whole story.
What else is new with me?
  • I love my sippy cup now. I drink all of my water or watery juice.

  • I am pretty smart. If you ask me to point to my picture on the wall I will. If you ask me to point to Mommy's picture I point to the opposite wall.

  • My new favorite snacks are Apple Cinnamon Wagon Wheels. They are really fun to eat and tasty too. The wagon wheel ends up a mushy mess and I always try to share some with Daddy but he never wants it.




Have a great week!

Megan





3 comments:

  1. We are also big fans of elf shoes in these parts...

    Keep up the great work teething, Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cal is also a fan of the Boynton books. However, he doesn't think the way I sing Snuggle Puppy is correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan is looking more and more like a Dalton!! The second picture reminds me of your mom for some reason....like her profile. Mini-Colene/Susan:)

    ReplyDelete