Sunday, January 10, 2010

Farmer Megan (12 months, 3 weeks)

Good evening!

I have been cooped up all week and am excited about the warm weather that is coming this week. Mommy and I can resume running errands during the day. Mommy doesn't take me out when it's below zero so I have spent a lot of quality time indoors.


So what have I been up to? I've been practicing my piano skills. I'm pretty good at the xylophone as well. I like to play the drums as well. Basically I'm very musical.

On Monday Nolan and his parents came over to my house while Mommy and Daddy went out to dinner. They were celebrating the 6th anniversary of their first date! Every year they go to the same restaurant they went to on their first date. This year Mommy put in her reservation what they were celebrating and they had confetti on the table, a card from the staff, and some complimentary cookies for dessert. We had some excitement at home. Nolan played the role of "big brother" (he's practicing for May when he becomes a big brother), and helped me go to bed. I guess I had a bit of stomach upset (maybe I ate a big dinner?) and I threw up in my crib when Nolan's mommy put me to bed. So I got some new PJ's and a new crib sheet and went to bed. I didn't get sick anymore after that so that was lucky!

This week I'm wearing bib overalls in a lot of my pictures. I didn't wear the same outfit all week--I just have a lot of bibs!



This week I was helping Daddy unload the dishwasher and I got a little overzealous with the dishwasher and pulled the whole bottom rack out. Oops! Of course my parents had to capture this on camera!




On Thursday night we went over to Nolan's house to babysit him while his parents went out to dinner for their 4th wedding anniversary! I wasn't at their wedding, but I hear the weather was completely different on their wedding day vs the frigid cold we experienced on Thursday! Nolan and I got along pretty well again but I'll give you a little hint.... If you ever play with Nolan, do NOT try to play with his new monkey! He really likes it and doesn't share it. In fact he insisted on going to bed with it I think to ensure that I wouldn't play with it.





Nolan shared most of his toys with me but he didn't like it if I tried to play with any of his new toys for Christmas. This was hard for me as I really didn't know what was new and what was old. After awhile I figured out what was off limits and things went more smoothly. Well, maybe not that smoothly...I was a bit of a turkey and wouldn't go to sleep at Nolan's house. There were a few toys I was DYING to play with without Nolan around. So it turns out, it was a smart move on Nolan's part to take the monkey with him!


One of my new tricks this week is to find a book I wanted to read and bring it to Mommy and sit on her lap. Mommy really likes this. I do it throughout the day. She feels proud of me that I am showing a love of books. The one tricky thing is that a couple of my favorite books are really heavy and I have a hard time walking them over to Mom. Also, Daddy really wants to read to me too, but for some reason this week I only want Mom to read books. Maybe next week Dad!




This is me opening another Christmas present with Grandma D. No, no, no, Grandma didn't buy me more presents. These were presents from my extended family that I didn't get to see on Christmas due to the bad weather. Grandma brought them up on Saturday. She stayed and played with Mommy and me while Daddy, Grandpa and Uncle Steve went to see Avatar at the IMAX theater. Everyone had lots of fun!







This is me playing with my farm. I looked like an authentic farmer in my bib overalls, don't you think? Daddy is trying to teach me more animal sounds. So far I only can do a horsey. If you ask me what any other animal says, I make the horsey sound. "Pffffffffffffffffb!" is what I say!









Today Mommy was laying on her tummy watching football and I decided to climb on top of her back. I thought it was REALLLY funny. So funny that I fell backwards and did a back flip. Amazingly I thought that was funny too and didn't cry. It's amazing I didn't cry because I've been bursting into tears very easily the past few days. Grandma found my front tooth peaking through yesterday and Mommy confirmed today in the car. I'm finally getting front teeth!!! It hurts but it also makes me happy because it will be so much easier to take bites of things. For instance, one "big girl" food that I like to eat is mini pancakes. They are tasty but it takes several tries to bite a piece of pancake as I just have my bottom teeth and upper gums.



So my strike against "big girl food" continues. I have eased up a bit. This week I ate some pears and apples that were coated in Cheerio dust. Since I like fruit in Cheerio crumbs so much, Mommy tried to trick me into eating tofu coated in Cheerios. I ate a few before I realized it wasn't fruit and then proceeded to throw tofu everywhere. I didn't want any of that stuff on my tray! I'm also working on feeding myself with a spoon. Tonight I decided the spoon was too cumbersome, threw it on the floor, and just dug in with my hands. In some cultures, eating like this with one's hands is a norm. There is a video of me eating at the end of the blog.



I do lots of funny things and sometimes forget to tell you all about them. Here are a few of my funnies
  • Over Christmas vacation I accomplished a fantastic feat. Mommy came in the room after my nap and was astonished to see that I had taken my pants off. I don't know why I did it. I think it was more to see if I could do it. I've been taking my socks off since I was a little baby so it was time to take it up a notch.

  • My favorite thing to say these days is, "Bweeeeeeee!" Mommy and Daddy can't figure out what it means. At first they thought I was saying "tree" as I said it a lot by the Christmas tree. But that's been put away for weeks now and I still say it. The most logical answer they've come up with is that it's my way of saying, "Weeee!" as they say that a lot when they push me on my cars or when I go down a slide or something.

  • Whenever anyone tells a funny story and people start laughing I do my "fake laugh" so it appears that I understand the joke. Then people laugh more, and then I have to do my fake laugh even more.

  • Hmm...there are other funny things. I'm going to have to start blogging as soon as they happen so I don't forget! Maybe I'll start doing midweek Megan funnies if this keeps up!

1 comment:

  1. Megan, I need you to help train Cal to feed himself! Perhaps you and Cal can have a little xylophone concert! Cal has a crocodile one!

    ReplyDelete