
Twenty minutes until game time and I'm ready to cheer on my Minnesota Vikings!!! If we win today we're going to the Super Bowl! Waaahooo!!! But first things first....

This week Mommy and Daddy have been getting our house ready to sell. It's involved a lot of cleaning, organizing, taking stuff to storage, and throwing things away. Part of our new organization plan is to not have stuff on the countertops. That means that all of my treats (various Gerber puffs, graham crackers, Cheerios, etc) got put into a cabinet by my high chair. It didn't take me long to figure this out and I have been helping myself to treats whenever Mommy and Daddy aren't looking. I managed to get this banana cookie all by myself. Mommy made me sit in her lap to eat it because it tends to be a really messy process. They are hard cookies that you have to suck on for awhile (since I'm severely lacking in teeth..) and then the cookie turns into a mushy mess.

Oops! I was caught red-handed! I was caught "yellow and blue handed" more accurately...

This week we didn't do too many exciting things. Mommy and I have been out shopping a few times to get things for Daddy's upcoming birthday. We had some visitors this week. On Wednesday the carpet guy came and repaired all the spots where the kitties have gone a little crazy with their scratching. On Thursday the ant guy came to get rid of our ants. We've never had a problem with bugs in our house and now that we are getting ready to sell it, in came the ants! Last night we got to go out to eat at my favorite restaurant, Applebees! They always play really good music and there are always a lot of fun people to look at.

Here is me enjoying my appetizer. I decided to get the "combo plate" which included banana puffs, Cheerios, graham cookies, and cheese puffs. Mommy and Daddy got something called Wonton Tacos. I kept pointing at them wanting to try some but as soon as Mommy put it near me I grimaced and wouldn't try it. Speaking of pointing, that is my new trick this week. We've been having a bit of a communication issue in our house as I speak "baby" and my parents speak English. I try to tell them what I want and they have a hard time understanding me. This week I figured out if I point to what I want, they give it to me. It works wonderfully! Although sometimes I point to something I want, and Mommy and Daddy will say that I can't have it. That is always a big disappointment.

This is my first time at Applebees getting to order something off the kids menu. Before when we went Mommy brought baby food. Now I'm such a big girl! The cool thing is that with my meal, came a drink. I could have had a soft drink, juice or milk. Mommy said I couldn't have pop and I always have to have watered down juice, so milk it was. Much to my surprise it came in a cup with something called a straw. I've never used a straw before but I've seen my parents drink from one. They tried to teach me how to use the straw but I just couldn't figure it out. I tried really hard though and I kept wanting to get the milk out but it just wasn't working. Luckily Mommy had a sippy cup with!

Mmmmmm this is me enjoying my macaroni and cheese. I couldn't eat it all so I got to get my very first "doggy bag" and enjoyed some more mac and cheese at lunch today. Mommy said she'll be excited when I eat more big kid foods and we can just share a meal since she thought paying four dollars for what appeared to be a packet of "Kraft Easy Mac" was highway robbery. I don't know what a robbery has to do with mac and cheese but whatever! We had lots of fun and I was a really good girl on my best behavior. I kept looking around hoping someone in the restaurant would pay attention to me. I waved to everyone as they went by and tried to do all the cute things I do.

I got a really fun purse for my birthday (or maybe Christmas...I can't remember which...) that I have so much fun playing with. I see Mommy walking around with her purse all the time so I decided to see what it felt like to carry Mommy's purse around.

It was REALLY heavy as you'll see in my video at the end of the blog. Unfortunately Mommy had the camera the wrong direction so you'll have to tilt your head a bit.

This morning we went to church and I got to play with my friends in Nursery 2. I only cried a little bit when Mommy and Daddy dropped me off so I'm getting better at that transition. Previous weeks I've wailed and that made my parents feel bad. Imagine their suprise when they got paged 20 minutes later. Mommy went down to the nursery and noticed 3 other moms scurrying down as well. It turned out that all the Nursery 2 mommies got paged because the check in lady forgot to ask the mommies if it was ok if they had a graham cracker for snack. They have to ask since some kids have food allergies. All the mommies were relieved that was all they needed! Mommy made it back to the sanctuary before the song was even over! When they picked me up from nursery the caregivers told my parents that I was really cuddly the whole time and they had fun with me. This is a picture of me after church holding onto the cord from the fan. Don't worry, I was being supervised and this moment...well only lasted a moment before the fan got taken away from me!
Hmmmm anything else new?
- I am eating more people food. This week I ate some chicken tetrazinni (well I didn't eat the chicken. As soon as I feel meat in my mouth I spit it out. My parents trick me by chopping up the meat really small and flattening it so I don't notice it in my mouth and then I'll eat it). I also ate homemade spaghetti o's, some other hotdish, mac and cheese ( of course, my fav), and a chicken noodle hotdish type thing.
- I talk constantly but people have a hard time understanding what I say. Mom and Dad think they heard me say "baby" , "hi", "yeah", and "this" this week. I could tell you if they are right or not but it's more fun to keep them guessing.
Time to watch the big game! Gooooooo Vikes!
Megan - Its not "baby talk" anymore - its "toddler talk" - which supplements not so fun with a lot of pointing and uncertainty of what you want :) Always keep your parents guessing! - Nolan
ReplyDelete