
Hi everyone!
Let me tell you--I have had a really fun week and I have lots to share with you. So just a warning--this is going to be a long blog! We started our week by going to "Toddler Tuesday" at the Mall of America. Every Tuesday morning they have special programs for toddlers like me. We'd never gone before because I used to take a morning nap. But now that I'm down to just a long afternoon nap, we can do lots of fun things in the mornings. I got to go to my first rock concert. The Okee Dokee Boys were playing. They were really really good! I was bummed though because my Mommy was supposed to invite some of my friends to go with but she forgot until it was too late. Next time, my friends...next time!

I was serious for the first 25 minutes of the concert. Then I really started to get into the music. Unfortunately it was only a 30 minute concert so I missed a lot of opportunities to dance. Mom said next time I should get into the music right away and not spend so much time being clingy in new surroundings. I really take awhile to get used to new situations.

After the concert we strolled around Nickelodeon Universe. It's an amusement park inside the mall. I liked looking at all the rides. As you can tell in the picture I refused to pay attention to Mom to get my picture taken as there were way more interesting things to look at.

Mommy and I did a little construction project this week. The laundry sorter we have was in bad shape as you can see in the picture. It might have something to do with me liking to hang on it.... Anyway.. we got a new laundry sorter (the one on the left) and we put it together all by ourselves. I was really helpful as I liked to take the different parts and walk all over the room with them. When I help 15 minute projects usually turn into 30-45 minute projects. I think it's because I help Mommy to be really thorough.

All finished!

This week we also found a Valentines sweatshirt that Grandma D had bought me last year. Unfortunately we found it after Valentines Day. I guess that's what happens when you get clothes a year in advance. Sometimes they get lost in the shuffle! This is me showing off my climbing skills. I like to climb the stairs like adults now. Mommy and Daddy prefer when I crawl up the stairs as it is less scary.

On Friday night we went over to Nolan's house so that his Mommy and Daddy could go to dinner and a movie. This is Nolan and me eating some ravioli. Well, Nolan ate his ravioli. I mostly just played with mine.

Nolan is a REALLY good basketball player. He shot hoops and I was his cheerleader. Maybe someday we'll go to the same high school and I can cheer him on for real!

Nothing but net! Nolan made two baskets in a row. I was soooo impressed!

Later Nolan decided that the floor was dirty and it was time to tidy up.

I thought I'd help him out but as you can see by the look on his face, he did not want my help at all!

This is Daddy, me and Nolan hanging out for a brief moment. Mommy was trying to get a picture of Nolan and me together all night. This is the best we could do. Nolan says, "Cheese" when you take his picture now. I don't know how to say cheese yet, but I sure like to eat it!

Mommy and Daddy declared that it was bedtime and Nolan and I decided to take a run for it. We weren't fast enough and got caught and had to go to bed. Bummer!

On Saturday Grandma D and Uncle Steve came to play with me for a few hours so Mommy and Daddy could go try to find us a new house to live in. Someone decided to buy our house this week so we need a new house before June! I wanted to help pick out the house but Mommy and Daddy said it was more of a grown up thing to do. Instead, I stayed home and played and played and played.

Well it wasn't all play. Grandma and I read the newspaper. I like to read the Business section every once in awhile to check how my mutual funds are doing. So far so good--I think I'll be able to go to a good preschool.

Don't I look sweet? Do I look "volatile" ? Last night we went to church because Daddy had nursery duty this morning. I always cry when I get dropped off at nursery (you would too if you got handed over to a strange man!) Usually I settle down and have a good time. Last night when Mommy and Daddy picked me up, the nursery worker told them that they didn't change my diaper because I was "volatile" and they didn't want to do anything to upset me. While I was getting my coat on, a boy got picked up by his Mommy and the same worker said, "Oh he was just a joy to have!" WAY TO MAKE ME LOOK BAD! Ugh!

This morning Mommy and I went to the zoo because we were kicked out of our house from 9-1 for a home inspection for the people who are going to buy our house. On our way in we met a nice lady who got us into the zoo for free! Well I'm always free as I'm under 2, but Mommy got in free as her "guest." What a nice lady. Mommy said that was an example of a random act of kindness. Again there were so many things to look at that I wouldn't pose for a picture.

Going to the zoo right away in the morning is the best time to go. All the animals were awake as they were just fed. We only went to the part of the zoo that is inside since it was only 22 degrees this morning. I saw turtles, 2 monkeys, a lot of otters, flamingos, many birds, lots of fishies, dolphins, sharks, a red panda, a weird pig, and many more little creatures. My favorites were all the tropical fish. We just stood by the glass and watched the fish for a long time. I also really liked the dolphins. The otters were funny too. I guess I liked everything. I kept pointing to all the neat stuff. Every time I saw a waterfall, I made sure to point it out to Mommy.

After the zoo we met Daddy at Red Robin for lunch. I haven't been to Red Robin in a long time.

I noticed that Mommy and Daddy both had their drinks on a coaster, so I decided I needed one too!

I had the perfect lunch--mac and cheese and mandarin oranges. Two of my favorites! Red Robin is awesome! Plus I started blowing kisses. Grandma D has been trying to teach me this and I finally did it at lunch today. I even blew a kiss to our waitress. I think she liked it! She said I was really cute. It's good she thought I was so cute as I left quite a mess.....
What else is new with me?
- I'm currently cutting 2 more teeth-- my other front tooth and then the one next to it.
- I've figured out more consistently that I need to take a really long afternoon nap because I only get 1 nap now. Mommy is LOVING this. She says nap time is good for the both of us. I don't think she takes a nap though. Usually when I wake up the house is back in order and dinner is prepped.
- My favorite things to say are still "this" and "yes" and "kitty". Mommy thought I said "sock" this week. Socks are usually a topic of conversation as I like to take mine off and Mommy says I have to wear socks in the winter.
Whew! That's it I think! Hopefully I didn't forget anything! Oh! Here is a short video of me being very serious at the rock concert. It's really short because Mommy ran out of room on the camera.
Congrats on the offer on your house! Maybe you and Nolan will be school mates before you know it!! I hope you've been saving up those diaper boxes for packing!
ReplyDeleteThose pictures of Nolan & Megan are hilarious!! Can you email me them? I love them all but the one where they are sitting with Brian, and then escaping to bed are hilarious! Also, I laughed out loud when saw the one where they are sweeping together. ha... That is such a cute pic of Megan at MOA before the concert!
ReplyDelete