I had such a busy week again! My social calendar just keeps filling up! On Tuesday Mommy and I went out to lunch with her old co-workers. We went to Red Robin (my new favorite restaurant). I had my "usual" and got an added bonus of a balloon! I got my very own pink balloon and I LOVED IT. I was really disappointed when I had to take a nap and I couldn't keep it in the crib with me. After I got up from my nap I carried it all over the house and even held onto it during my snack! A cute video of this is at the end.
On Thursday we tried to go to a different story time at a different library but when we got there, they were "full" and weren't taking any more kids. Apparently at that library you have to get there early to secure a spot. Mom said it probably wasn't worth it to go early to a 20 minute story time, so we'll stick with our local library.
This is me picking out my afternoon snack. Instant coffee and tortilla chips really sounded good! Mom said I had to have something healthier, so I had my usual fruit and milk. [Side note: Mommy would like to point out that she doesn't drink instant coffee, we had it for a recipe.]
I have become quite the accomplished climber these days. I have figured out that if you step on something, it makes you higher and you can climb on anything you want. This is me after I figured out how to climb on the drawers in my closet. I first climbed on a crate that holds some of my miscellaneous items and then heaved myself up the shelf. Pretty impressive, eh? (In the spirit of the Olympics in Vancouver, I'm trying out a few new words, like 'eh')
Once I was on top of my drawer, I started taking things out. I made a real mess and it was so much fun!
But how could you stay mad at a face like this? Impossible I tell you! My climbing feats are not limited to the closet. I also figured out how to climb on my toy chest by carrying the Bumbo seat nearby, stepping on that, and climbing onto the toy chest. I got Mommy to spring out of the shower soaking wet this week when I pushed my upstairs toy bin over to the side of the bathtub, climbed on top of it, and tried to swan dive into the empty bath tub. I like to keep my parents on their toes a bit!
What else is new with me?
- I am cutting three teeth at the moment. Last week I reported that I was getting 2 teeth, but Mommy found tooth #3 poking through my gums. I'm getting my other front tooth, and then the two teeth that are right next to the front teeth. This has made me incredibly clingy this week. When my parents picked me up from church nursery this morning, they reported that I was really "cuddly" the whole time. My parents saw right through that and declared that I must have been super clingy. Mommy said when these teeth finally all come through that we're going to start working on improving my clingy-ness. She's not sure how she's going to do it, but she seems determined.
- Because teeth are always such a hot topic in our house, I learned how to say "teeth" this week. When you talk about teeth, then I try to stick my fingers in your mouth and feel your teeth. I feel that is only fair as everyone is always trying to take a closer look at MY teeth. Not so fun is it?!
- I also learned how to make this funny noise with your tongue which you'll see in one of the videos below. It's super fun to do!
- The biggest news of the week has to do with our house. We put an offer on a house yesterday and we got a call today that they accepted it so we're officially moving in June! We're dealing with a few hangups with the people buying our house so hopefully that gets resolved soon and we can just enjoy anticipating our big move! We ask for lots of prayers that our issues with our buyers work out! I got to see our new house on Saturday. We went out with the realtor to see a few new houses and then to look at the house Mommy and Daddy picked out last week. We all really liked the house and I made myself at home. While my parents were figuring out where they would possibly put furniture and making sure they still liked the house, I did my own inspection. I climbed the stairs and they were perfectly acceptable climbing stairs. I checked out the bedrooms and they seemed to be nicely stocked with toys (Note: Mommy did tell me that the toys do NOT come with the house). I do get a nice playground in the backyard though that I'm really excited about. It has swings and a slide. The best thing is that we'll be closer to my friend Nolan and we can play together more often!
Congrats on the house hunt!! How exciting. June will be here before you know it. I'm sure Diane is going to love having you guys close by when she's on maternity leave!
ReplyDelete1. Our girls are getting so big!
ReplyDelete2. Haha - worrying about judgment for having instant coffee.
3. Congrats on the new place! Excited to see it.