
Howdy! Raggedy Ann here! Well, it's really me Megan but just in my Halloween costume. I reallllly like my costume and want to wear it whenever possible!

The first order of business this week was to carve our pumpkins that we got weeks ago at the apple orchard/pumpkin patch. I got bored with this quickly so mostly Daddy made the pumpkins.

Here I am clapping for Daddy! Good job with the pumpkin! You may notice in this photo that I got a haircut. Well a "bang trim" if we're getting technical. Mommy is not sure if this haircut went better or worse than my first one. There was the same amount of crying, batting away the scissors, etc. Even though it was just a bang trim, it actually took longer than my full haircut as my stylist kept trying to get me to cooperate. Mommy had to sit in the salon chair this time to hold me as I wouldn't sit. Mommy thought if we put Dora on the TV that I would be more cooperative but that didn't happen. I just really don't like getting my hair cut!

This is me at ECFE. We got to wear our costumes to school! I drive this car every week at school.

Next it was time to ride the "airplane." This is another toy that I always play with. I was riding so fast I was worried my hat was going to fly off!

Whoa!!!

This is me "riding the boat". I also do this every week. Once I get situated in the boat, I point to the poster on the wall that has the words to "Row Row Row Your Boat" and Mommy sings it to me.

This is my entire class dressed up for Halloween and our parents. If the boy to girl ratio is the same once I hit high school I don't think I'll have a problem finding a prom date!

My bangs got cut really short since neither Mommy or I enjoy the whole haircutting experience. I was all smiles wearing my USC Elementary sweatshirt though! I wasn't all smiles earlier in the day when Mommy took me to get my flu shot. I couldn't believe it! First a haircut, and then a shot! I really wanted to wear my costume to my shot, as it seems like I got to wear my costume to everything else this week. In hindsight, Mommy wishes that she would have just let me wear it, as I threw a fit and wouldn't get in the car. We ended up being 10 minutes late as it took a fair amount of prodding and brute force to get me in my car seat.

On Thursday at dance class we got to wear our costumes too! We did all kinds of fun Halloween themed dances. Our favorite was when the teacher spread our scarves that we dance with all over the room. Then we each got a pumpkin and my teacher Kathy turned on the music. Then we got to run all over the room picking up scarves and putting them in our pumpkins. It was great fun I tell you!

Another shot of the "picking up the scarves" dance.

After all that "cleaning up" I was exhausted! Actually during most dance classes I just sit on the floor in the middle of a song and start doing my own thing.

It wasn't easy getting the three of us to pose for a picture!
On Friday morning at about 1:30 a.m. the fun and games of the week ended when I woke up and threw up all over myself and my crib. Mommy and Daddy cleaned me up, gave me a bath, put new sheets on my crib, and tried to soothe me back to sleep. I went back to sleep but woke up every 45 min- 1 hour throwing up and the routine continued..minus the baths. Needless to say, a trip to the doctor was in order in the morning. I was not a very good patient. I refused to go on the scale, and it took a good amount of holding me down to check my ears and mouth and measure me. While waiting for the doctor I kept insisting to put my shoes back on. Mommy finally obliged. After I got my shoes on I said, "Home!" Mommy said we had to wait for Dr. S to give me some medicine to make me feel better. I said, "Home!" Eventually we did go home but not before getting checked out some more, a blood test, and a trip to the pharmacy for anti-nausea medicine. The medicine worked wonders and I was able to finally keep some liquid down and eventually some crackers. By Saturday I was pretty much back to my old self again and by Sunday I was ready for actual Halloween!

Usually I don't get to watch the Vikings games because they are normally during my nap time. But this week it was at 3:15 so I got to see most of it. I'm actually not that into football, so I got to watch Dora on my portable DVD player.

This is Mommy and me in our Vikings wear. Mommy is sort of smiling in this picture because she wasn't feeling well. About an hour later Mommy got really sick. Mommy tried really hard to sanitize everything when I was sick, but I guess when you throw up and then immediately cling to your Mommy, it is highly likely that you will pass along your "bug" to your Mommy.

After the game it was time to go trick-or-treating!

Where is the candy? Oh yeah! It's in my pumpkin!

My friends Nolan and Callum and their mommies came over to trick-or-treat. I wouldn't trick-or-treat without Mommy coming along so Mommy forced a smile and kept her distance. After I went to bed, Mommy headed to urgent care, got the adult version of the anti-nausea medicine that I had, and is feeling much better today. The Vance family loves Zofran!!
At the end of the blog is a video of me trick-or-treating. I really had fun with it. At first I would hold out my pumpkin for candy. After a bit I figured out I could reach into the candy bowls and pick out what I wanted. It was really fun!!
Other than being sick and hanging out in my Raggedy Ann costume..what's new with me?
- Eating is still a challenge with me. It's mostly a psychological game. Like for instance, this week I thought that scrambled eggs was cheese. I saw some on Mommy's plate and said, "Cheese!" Mommy said it was scrambled cheese and I ate it. Now normally I won't eat eggs. But when it was "scrambled cheese" I thought it was delicious.
- Mommy and me have "music class" where I take all the cushions off the chair by the piano, stand on the chair, and Mommy plays the piano. I yell, "Sing!" and we do. I usually request two songs by saying, "Itsy!" (Itsy Bitsy Spider) or "E-I-E-I-O" (Old MacDonald). Daddy got to join in on the fun this weekend. He's a great singer too.
- I surprised my parents earlier this week when we took out my book of feelings. Usually Mommy reads the book. But this time, as soon as she opened the first page I yelled out "Happy!" My parents didn't know I knew that word. Then she turned the page and I said "Sad!" and this continued throughout the book "Angry!" "Sleepy!" "Shy!" "Messy!" and "Silly" Now I proudly "read" this book when requested.
- I'm starting to learn my alphabet. My favorite letters are "M" and "H". I can also identify "O" consistently. Other letters are still hit-or-miss. I notice letters on everything now. I especially like it when there are letters on my parents' shirts and it's even better when I find an "M".
- I made my Daddy especially proud this week when I successfully "Baa'd" like a sheep and "Moo'd" like a cow. I've been making horse, snake, cat, and dog sounds for a long time, but for some reason would never do other farm animals. This is apparently a really big deal to my Dad so I broke down and went "Baaaaa!" He was thrilled I tell you! Then I went over the top with a "Moo!" and his heart melted. There. Done.
Goodnight!
No comments:
Post a Comment