On Thursday night Daddy had an eye doctor appointment so Mommy and I went to the mall near our old house. When we first walked past the carousel the ride operator was gone so I couldn't go on it. Mommy thought she was getting off easy! Then we went past a coin operated little carousel that I really wanted to ride on so I did. Then on our way back to where we parked, I noticed that the big carousel was going round and round. So guess what?! I got to go on the big carousel too! After that we quickly went to the car before I could find anything else I wanted to ride on. On our way home we got pulled over by a police man. Mommy didn't pull over immediately because she was certain the lights were not for her. She wasn't speeding, didn't run any red lights, or do anything remotely illegal. When the car kept following her she decided she'd better pull over. The officer came over to our car and asked Mommy if she knew why he pulled us over. She said no and he said that our lights weren't on. Mommy was puzzled by this because she always leaves the lights on and lets the car do it's auto shut-off feature so she never has to remember to put the lights on. Sure enough they were off so she turned them back on. Then the officer chewed her out for not pulling over right away. Mommy explained that she didn't think he was after us since she was pretty certain we hadn't done anything wrong and the fact that she's never been pulled over ever so this was all pretty new to her. The officer was really rude and we were not impressed! After the officer ran Mommy's driver's license (and probably saw her perfect driving record) he came back and was much nicer. He even tried to make nice with me but I would have nothing of it. I yelled, "HOME!" Then the officer said we could go home and called Mommy a "nice Mom". We thought he could have apologized for yelling at her for something that was an innocent mistake. But we'll just be happy that Mommy didn't get a ticket and we got home before I had a meltdown.
This is me looking out the window Saturday morning. I wore my snowman pajamas Friday night which turned out to be very appropriate! I was amazed at the snow. I guess it snowed last year too but I don't remember a whole lot from last winter. I wanted to go out and play in it but we realized that I hadn't gotten winter boots yet. So we trekked to JCPenny in the snow (luckily it's close!) and got some Disney Princess boots. When my parents said we were going to go get "boots" I got really excited as Dora's monkey friend is named Boots and I like him a lot. I was a bit bummed when I realized that I was getting actual boots and not a pet monkey that talks in English and Spanish (he likes both!).
This is me all decked out in my winter gear! Bring on the snow!
I LOVE SNOW! It is sooo much fun. You can do so many things with it and when you walk in it, you walk really funny! And you fall down a lot but it doesn't hurt!
I got to go sledding. Apparently I went sledding last year too but didn't like it at all. This year I'm older, so I don't get scared as easily.
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
Snow is not just about playing, but also a lot of work. Now that we don't live in a townhouse we have to shovel. And by we I mean my daddy and me. Mommy doesn't participate in shoveling unless it's some sort of shoveling emergency. The snow was really heavy and wet so it was hard work!
After my nap I insisted that we go out and play some more! Daddy and me made a snowman but as you can see, it was pretty bare. It was getting pretty dark out so we had to go in. Daddy said we could finish it today. When we woke up this morning our snowman was toppled over either by a neighbor kid, or it just happened on its own.
Mommy says that I'm learning great skills on how to be a Mommy. Step 1--be able to carry multiple things at a time!
When it was time to go to bed last night, I really wanted to go outside again. I kept saying "outside!" "snow!" and everyone said it was too dark to play outside and it was time for bed anyway. Then I went and got my boots out, in case I wasn't communicating clearly enough. Again I heard, "no". Then I found my gloves and coat. Still a no.
We are going to a new church that is meeting Sunday nights right now so that means Sunday morning was more time to play in the snow! Daddy took me on a long sled ride along the bike path near our house and around our block. Then we came home and made a snow chair. While sitting in my snow chair I figured out that you can eat snow. Another thing you can do with snow!! I'm not sure why Minnesotans complain about winter so much. Snow is so much cooler than grass!
I'll leave you with a video of me when I first experienced snow on Saturday!
P.S. I have to give a shout-out to my new friend George who was born on Monday! He made a very quick entrance into the world and was delivered by his dad at home! My buddy Callum is now a big brother!! Can't wait to meet you George!
I'll leave you with a video of me when I first experienced snow on Saturday!
P.S. I have to give a shout-out to my new friend George who was born on Monday! He made a very quick entrance into the world and was delivered by his dad at home! My buddy Callum is now a big brother!! Can't wait to meet you George!
Love the snow pictures Megan!!
ReplyDeleteOur mom is slow at getting ours downloaded but we had fun in it too on Saturday! Maybe someday we can go sledding together! thanks for coming over to play Wed. night!
The NoLo Bros