Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Dells

Hello!

I'm back from a great weekend trip to the Wisconsin Dells (or "The Dells" as we in the Midwest like to call it). But I'll get to that recap in a bit. First I'll tell you about the rest of my week. Daddy went back to work on Monday so it was back to our regular schedule. We didn't go to Toddler Tuesday because it involved getting there early for first come first served admittance to a free movie that I probably would only watch for 10 minutes. We did have school this week. I was so excited to see my teachers, to play, and to sing songs! Not all the kids came to school this week so I got extra attention from my teachers during separation time. That was certainly fun. On Thursday I had dance. I seemed to have forgotten that you actually dance at dance. I was in a very silly mood and kept wandering around and lying on the floor instead of doing my routines. Mommy threatened that we wouldn't be able to come to dance anymore if I didn't start behaving but we all know that was an idle threat as dance class is just as much fun for Mommy as it is for me. I'm sure I'll do better next week. On Friday we packed up for our trip and left after my very short nap. I was so excited to go that I decided to only nap for an hour. I watched a variety of Dora and Thomas videos and was very content the entire 3 hr and 15 minute drive. Once we got to our hotel though I was pretty zany. I wanted no part in sitting through dinner. We didn't go to a fast food place but let's just say we all ate pretty fast. And some of us only ate french fries for dinner.



Since someone didn't eat much dinner, someone was really hungry for breakfast the next day. Good thing there was a breakfast buffet! I thoroughly enjoyed the pancakes and Lucky Charms cereal. I don't get marshmallow cereals at home (Mommy insists on healthy cereals, ugh!) so it was a real treat. I like almost all fruit but I only eat green grapes and not purple ones. You'll see those are piled neatly on my tray. Very toddler of me. Luckily this morning they had green grapes. And I ate two pancakes! And a lot lucky charms marshmallows. I love vacation! We stayed in a hotel that had a really big indoor water park. I was very excited about this and my parents said we could go to the pool after breakfast. I was very disappointed when we walked into our hotel room. I thought we were going straight to the pool!! I started crying saying "noooooo pooooooooooooooooool!" My parents explained that we had to get our swimming suits on first and then I was better.

This is me all ready for the pool! It was a long walk to the water park so I needed to wear my sneakers and sweatshirt. Everyone loved my tie-dyed sweatshirt I got for Christmas. I got lots of compliments.


Along the long walk to the water park are all kinds of distractions for kids that cost money. Arcade games, rides like this one, skill games, candy machines, you name it! It's really a parent's worst nightmare. I was actually amazingly good and only insisted on climbing aboard this plane. The rest of the things I left alone. But we didn't last long here as I was really ready for that pool!



I had an absolute blast! It was incredible. They had these fun water guns that you could spray water out of. My favorite was to spray Daddy. I squealed with delight and yelled "All wet! All wet!" It was so funny! Mommy liked it too as she wasn't the one getting sprayed with water.




They had a toddler area that had all kinds of little fountains and spraying water. It's a toddler's dream! They also had two water slides for kids my size.





This is Daddy and me on the lazy river. Daddy and I had good bonding at the water park as Mommy isn't a big fan of getting sprayed by water, but I really like it and Daddy doesn't mind. So we did lots of things while Mommy took photos a safe distance away. We did three trips total to the water park during our stay so we made the most of it for sure!






This is me and my new pal Addy. Addy's mommy and my mommy were college roommates all four years of college. Maybe someday Addy and I will be roomies too! We all stayed together at the hotel and it was great fun. I really, really like babies. I think they are so funny and I like to make them laugh and smile.







This is Addy and me again. I think I was helping her with her toys. Later she was crying and I told her parents that she needed a bottle. That's what I do when my doll Annie cries.








Today we came home. This is me strapping myself into our suitcase. I thought maybe if my parents' couldn't totally unpack that we'd just have to go back to the water park! My parents were ready to ship me back to Wisconsin after I got up from my nap. I got a late start to nap since we were driving home. I had to get up by 4:30 so I could eat and go to church. Let's just say I woke up on the wrong side of the crib. I was so crabby that Mommy stayed home with me and just Daddy went to church. We tried calling Grandma which is usually a good cure for my grumpies but I was grumpy with them too. Mommy convinced me to eat some supper and then I was good after that. I think it was a combination of not enough nap and me skipping lunch (my parents gave me food, I just wouldn't eat it) and being overly hungry. I ate two bowls of cereal, a chicken strip, and a banana.


What else is new with me?
  • I am always making my parents laugh. Tonight when getting ready for bed I amazed them with my alphabet identification. I read "M E G A N" off of my wall letters in my room. Daddy said, "What's that spell?" and I exclaimed, "Me!"

  • I am getting really good at my alphabet. I have fun letters that you use in the tub and they stick to the wall. Sometimes I get them wrong when I hold them upside down.

  • Last week after I got home from church I picked up Mommy's book she just finished and called it "Bible!" Then I found Daddy's big book and yelled "Bible!" Mommy emailed a nursery worker to see if they were really focusing on the Bible at church as I'd never called books "Bible" before. Then it was time to show me the actual Bible. It's a lot bigger than the Nicholas Sparks book!

  • I call all young kids "babies". Mommy corrects me when the child is actually older than me. Then I say, "kids"

I'll leave you with some fun videos! Video #1 is me doing the "We Did It" dance from Dora. Video #2 is Daddy and me at the water park on the slide and Video #3 is me playing in the water.









1 comment: