Hello!Well I'm happy to report (well maybe my parents are happy to report) that I resumed taking naps this week. Mommy now sets her alarm to wake me up in the morning. No more sleeping in for anyone! Mommy said that having nap time is worth getting up earlier. And we all know Mommy isn't much of a morning person so naps must be a pretty big deal. I didn't go on the potty at all this week. Mommy decided that we could only focus on one thing this week and that was napping!
On Friday Mommy and I went to see Sesame Street Live "Elmo's Healthy Heroes." It was my first time at the Target Center and I thought it was really cool. My favorite part was running through the skyways. Mommy is considering taking me for a downtown trip once in awhile just to get some exercise! This is a picture of me in my very own seat. It was exciting.
This is the view from our seats. Not too bad for 10 dollar tickets! Some people paid 75 dollars a ticket to have the "floor seats." The show was good, but not really 150 dollars good. The show kept my attention pretty well. I liked it the most when there was singing and dancing. The dialogue part got a little boring. During intermission they brought out these really awesome Elmo balloons. I really REALLY wanted one but they were selling them to the people on the "floor". Mommy and I went to the lobby and got some mini donuts as a distraction (plus we were hungry). Then we went back in and I saw the balloons again. Mommy decided that I could get a souvenir and it would probably be cheaper than the 15 dollar light up things that everyone seemed to have. So we trekked down to the floor. Mommy hailed the balloon guy and he said the balloons were 10 dollars. Mommy nearly croaked at paying 10 dollars for a balloon but she had already made the guy walk all the way over to us and on top of some rafters. She handed him a 20 dollar bill and he said "oh you want two?" Mommy said NO very quickly. And then hung onto my balloon for dear life as she didn't want to watch my expensive balloon float to the top of the Target Center. When we got to our seats she tied it tightly to my backpack for safe keeping.
This is me in my kitchen with my Elmo balloon. Isn't he cool?!! Oh and my pink spotted owl made the picture too. It's on the floor.
This weekend I went to Grandma's since Mommy and Daddy had game club. Well they were supposed to have game club. It ended up getting cancelled due to sickness so Mommy and Daddy went out for a nice early birthday dinner for Daddy. Anyway I had a great time as always.
Uncle Steve let me play with his drum set. Pretty awesome huh?
This weekend I went to Grandma's since Mommy and Daddy had game club. Well they were supposed to have game club. It ended up getting cancelled due to sickness so Mommy and Daddy went out for a nice early birthday dinner for Daddy. Anyway I had a great time as always.
Uncle Steve let me play with his drum set. Pretty awesome huh?Other interesting things about me!
- I've played this game called "I sleep" for awhile on my parents' bed. Basically everyone gets a pillow (assigned by me) and pretends to sleep on my command (and to sleep you have to lay on the pillow on your side, not on your back or on your stomach. I have very specific expectations for sleeping). And then I wake everyone up. And repeat. I've started a more advanced game now. It is very complicated and I get extremely frustrated with you if you don't do it exactly right. Basically we put the quilt over our heads, and it must be such that no light is coming in from the sides of the quilt. We must be completely under with no light. Then we look for stars. You see, the quilt pattern has stars and when you are under it and the bedroom lights are on, it "illuminates" the stars and it's pretty awesome. Then we re-enact various Dora episodes. Lately I mostly like to talk about Dora's Pirate Adventure. Pirate piggies, a singing bridge, baby jaguar going overboard, lost treasure and more!
- I'm really into my bedtime prayers. One day this week I prayed for "Mommy, Daddy, Me, Teacher, Church, Map, Backpack, Diego, Boots"
- When we pray at dinnertime we always ask if anyone has any requests or something they are thankful for. I'm usually thankful for milk and bread. A lot of times I'm also thankful for piggies so that's always a challenge for my parents to work into a prayer. Tonight Daddy was in charge of praying and he didn't specifically pray for piggies, milk, and cheese like I asked so after he said "Amen" I got mad and grabbed my parents hands and closed my eyes. They got the hint and prayed for piggies, milk and cheese and I was much better and said "AMEN!"
- Tonight my parents worked in church nursery. I was pretty nervous that they were going to leave me there so I was extremely clingy at the beginning which was hard for Mom as she was trying to check in the kids. I really didn't like it when Mommy was holding other kids. I got a bit jealous. I did like it though when she fed a baby a bottle. It was just like when I feed my doll Annie!
See you next week!

No comments:
Post a Comment