Sunday, January 30, 2011

Strike a Pose

Hello! Don't I look so grown up in this picture? Daddy says I look like I'm giving a senior pictures pose. So let's see what did I do this week? It was back to school on Wednesday. I was excited to see my teachers and friends. The theme was princes and princesses and it was a lot of fun. We got to play with magic wands and it was awesome. Thursday I had dance of course. Mommy and I went early in an attempt for me to be more "comfortable" and hopefully participate more in my new, bigger class. Since my class got bigger we moved to a bigger studio this week. MORE CHANGE! We all know how I handle change, so dance didn't go much better this week. Mommy is hoping next week is better or we are going to have to stop going to dance.



On Thursday night we started the weekend long celebration of Daddy's birthday. I was going to grandma's this weekend so we had to start early. I helped Daddy open his presents. I was very excited about this as I had found all of his presents earlier that afternoon. One by one I brought them out and asked Mommy if it was for me. I was really disappointed to find out they were ALL for Daddy. Oh well. I got to open them at least even if it was boring things like clothes!


We met Grandma and Steve Friday night and I went home with them. Mommy and Daddy hosted a make-up party (not makeup) since their Christmas party was cancelled due to the December crazy blizzard we had. It was nice that it coincided with Daddy's birthday so it got to be a late Christmas/Birthday party!



Uncle Steve always has really nutritious snacks around. He is awesome!




Not only does he have cheesy snacks, but he is also really good at drawing all the characters from Dora. He was drawing Swiper and I had to correct it. He forgot to color in Swiper's nose so I grabbed the marker and colored it in. Now he knows to immediately fill in the nose.





We took a fun trip to the mall. I got to be a Taxi driver and that was pretty cool.






I got to go on the carousel THREE times!







When I came home tonight we got to sing Happy Birthday to Daddy and blow out the candles. Daddy got an ice cream cake and it was delicious. It combined two of my favorite foods--cake and ice cream. Yummy!


What else is new with me?


  • I now pronounce Dora correctly. No more "Dodo" it's just "Dorrra"



  • I did a 9 piece puzzle all by myself this week!



  • Mommy got her cholesterol checked this week. I was very nervous about the clinic. Mommy kept assuring me that it wasn't me, but her that was going to get poked. Sure enough Mommy got poked but I got 2 stickers. Mommy thought that was a bit unfair. And by the way, Mommy's cholesterol was excellent in case you were wondering.



  • One night this week I was up for nearly 2 hours in the middle of the night. My parents have no idea why but I finally went back to sleep after they gave me some Motrin. The next day I took a four hour nap. I had to catch up on my sleep, you know. Unfortunately not everyone in our house was able to take a nap and catch up so some people were crabby and tired that day. And it wasn't me. You know, 'cause I got a 4 hour nap.



    Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment