Monday, February 28, 2011

Growing Up

Well I'm more refreshed now after a good night's sleep! I had a busy weekend with not much sleep and I got to an over-tired state that ended in me having a major meltdown last night. Pretty much after I melted down, so did everyone else. So it was best that we all just went to sleep.

So let's backtrack and talk about the better parts of my week. On Monday afternoon I successfully climbed out of my crib so Dad got out his tools and turned my crib into a toddler bed! I LOVE my new bed. One might say it's not that different from my crib, but to me, it's a major sign of growing up. I have been really good about staying in my bed for the most part and my usual nighttime shenanigans have decreased dramatically. All in all, moving to a big girl bed has been a positive experience for everyone. Mommy says the next step in being a big girl is giving up my pacifiers and going on the potty. Currently I'm not interested in either one of those thigns. I will go on the potty maybe 1 or 2 days out of the week. Last month I was much more interested in the potty. Then we got sick and I haven't been too keen on it. Mommy says the potty is ready for me when I am.

On Monday night it was warm enough and finally less windy for me to go for a sled ride around the block. This is one of my favorite things to do in the snow. We went for a family walk and it was lots of fun.


Now that I'm such a big girl, I decided I need to start some more advanced reading. And what better place to do that than a laundry basket!



I've been really into painting ever since we made a lot of valentines. My favorite is glitter glue. I got some finger paints for my birthday but I prefer Mommy to do the finger painting. I don't really like having paint on my delicate fingers. I must say Mommy is very talented at finger painting and we make really wonderful works of art together under my supervision.

Let's see..what else did I do this week? I had fun at school as always. I was a very good girl at dance this week and actually danced 95% of the time. I really showed off how I knew all the routines. Mommy wished she would have had her video camera as I was being very delightful and cute.

This weekend I went to Grandma's because Mommy and Daddy were hosting a murder mystery party. Being at Grandma's (or Granmom as I like to call her) isn't all fun and games. I also get in some good exercise.





We had a bit of a mishap as Granmom couldn't find my pacifiers in my bag. Mommy insisted that she had packed them but Granmom couldn't find them anywhere. Uncle Steve took a late night trip to Wal Mart and bought me some new ones and I got to stay up really late! So this is me sporting one of my brand new pacifiers. I got blamed for probably taking them out of my bag, as I have been known to unpack things after Mommy packs them but I was cleared of any wrongdoing when Mommy got my bag back last night and found the pacifiers tucked away in the front pocket.






This is me having a very serious discussion with duckie.







This is Mommy and Daddy dressed up for their murder mystery party. The "murder" was taking place on the Titanic and everyone had a role to play. Daddy was the ship's captain and Mommy was a socialite turned spy.




This is Mommy and Daddy with their friends all dressed up for the party. It looked like lots of fun. Who knew grownups liked playing dress up too!?




This is me eating my snack in my kitchen of course. I only eat snacks in my kitchen now.
What else is new with me?
  • I like to say "Peek-boo I see you!"
  • At school on Wednesday my teacher told Mommy that during separation time I sat in the book nook curled up with a book and the rug on my lap. Mommy laughed as I always have to have a blanky on my lap when we read at home. She was impressed by my thriftiness---no blanky, no problem! Just use the rug!
  • I continue to try to assert my independence which usually ends up with me in time-out. Oh it's so hard to be a toddler sometimes!
  • Mommy started writing down the funny things I say throughout the week so it's easier to do the blog but she almost always loses the sheet of paper by the time we blog..as is the case today.

Have a good week!










No comments:

Post a Comment