Sunday, February 6, 2011

Ready...Set...Go!

Greetings on this Super Bowl Sunday. I'm not too into the Super Bowl since my team isn't in it. In fact we went to church tonight and missed the entire first half and we were all ok with that. I did acknowledge it was on by saying "football game." Congrats Packers..I guess.

Before we went to Toddler Tuesday Mommy asked me if I wanted to go see a moose. I said I wanted to see monkeys. Mommy said that wasn't an option--a moose or nothing. So a moose sounded ok to me. The moose from the book "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" was there along with the other characters. They sang a few songs from the play that you can go to and we all got blueberry muffins to eat. I liked the muffin and when they sang songs. When they started just reading the book I got bored and wanted to go. At the end though you could say hi to the moose and give him a hug. So I stuck around for that because I love giving hugs to big stuffed character type things.


On Wednesday I had school and the theme was Pirates! I love everything to do with pirates ever since I got Dora's Pirate Adventure for Christmas. I made a pirate ship and we sang pirate songs. We even had a pirate snack. It was fantastic! This picture is me doing my 9 piece Dora puzzle. I'm getting pretty good at it!


On Thursday I had dance. Dance didn't go any better this week. Mommy got pretty irritated with my antics and threatened that we'd have to leave if I didn't participate in class. I didn't listen so Mommy took away my prop, grabbed her purse and we left the studio. I was in shock. I couldn't believe that Mommy was actually going to take me home. When she put my hat on I started to cry. Mommy said that we could go back into class, but only if I listened to my teacher. I knew she was serious now so I was mostly good the rest of the class.



On Friday we went to the craft store to pick up some supplies to make Valentines this week. I also got some new crayons as my old ones were in bad shape. I love to color and draw pictures and my new crayons are awesome!!!




On Saturday morning Mommy and Daddy went to a timeshare presentation and my friend Nolan came over to my house to play [Note: Mommy and Daddy didn't buy a timeshare but they did earn roundtrip airfare and 2 nights hotel]. His mommy and eventually Matt and Logan came over too! We had lots of fun playing together. Then we all had pizza lunch together when Mommy and Daddy came home. Today when we were leaving for church I kept saying that I wanted to go to Nolan's house. But my parents said we had to go to church. He is one of my bestest friends. I call him "Nonos" On Saturday night we had a family from church over to our house for dinner. I wasn't so sure of them at first, but after a few minutes I warmed right up to them. They have three kids that liked to play with me so it was a lot of fun. They were at church tonight and we got to play some more. The little boy I called "friend" and I kept calling his dad "meatball". No one knows why I was calling him that but hopefully he doesn't mind as we are all in the same "small group" at church and will be seeing them every other week for the foreseeable future.
What else is new with me?
  • I keep surprising my parents with the words I know. The other day Mommy and I were driving in the car and I noticed a group of evergreen trees. I yelled "FOREST!!!" Mommy didn't even know I knew that word, much less, use it appropriately.

  • One night while playing with my Fisher Price Farm I accidentally knocked over a sheep. When it happened I said, "excuse me sheep" and went along playing.

  • While reading my children's Bible one night I pointed to Noah and said, "Santa!" Mommy said no that it was Noah. I couldn't be convinced. In my defense, Noah has a long white beard and was wearing a red hat (not a Santa hat, but a red hat no less!). Tonight when we were reading I finally called him Noah.

  • I'm really into saying ready...set....go! Usually I do this when going down my slide. But I find other creative ways of using it. See the video. I'm putting my pacifiers on my head and letting them "slide" down my head. Amazingly, I just plopped down and went to sleep afterwards.

  • Mommy learned an important lesson this week. We were getting ready to go to the craft store and I had already gone and gotten Mommy's shoes for her. Then I went and got her coat. Mommy went across the kitchen to get her list and heard a loud crash. She looked over and her purse (that had been on the counter) was on the floor and the contents had gone flying along with the day's mail. She said in an exasperated tone "Megan WHAT are you doing??????" I said sheepishly, "I helping...." Mommy felt really bad and said she was sorry for getting mad. Time to read James 1:19!





No comments:

Post a Comment