Hello! I got back from a fun weekend at Grandmom's house. I'd been asking to go for the last week so I was really excited when it was finally the day to go! But first things first!This week was spring break for the local school districts so that meant no school for me and no dance class either so Mommy was scrambling to find things for us to do! We met my friend Bella on Tuesday for Toddler Tuesday. Mommy told me all morning that we were going to see Clifford. Then Bella's mommy called and told Mommy that Mommy had messed up and Clifford was next week. Luckily the program was "Choo Choo Bob" which is a train show--and we all know how I feel about trains, so I was ok with the switch. Bella and I weren't too interested in Choo Choo Bob however. There was too much talking about trains, and not enough singing about them so I suggested that we go see the fishies. So we did. We also ran into my old pal Sharky. I gave him lots of hugs, as usual. Mommy had to pry me away from him as I become a bit of a Sharky-aholic. Bella and I had lots of fun together. We are great friends now giving each other hugs and holding hands while in our respective strollers. We are just simply adorable.
On Wednesday Mommy and I went on our first stroller ride of the spring season. It was a balmy 50 degrees so we headed outside. Mommy noted that I'm a lot more chatty now than I was the last time we went on a stroller ride outside. I pointed out EVERYTHING...birds, puppies, trees. I said, "Oooooh trees! Another one, tree! Another one, tree! Another one, tree!" Mommy thought it was going to be a long ride if I kept noticing everytime I saw a tree as there are A LOT of trees on the walking path. Mommy had to cut the walk a little short as she was exhausted. She wore her winter boots as there were huge puddles due to all the melting snow, and I was in my big stroller that is heavy, and let's face it, I now weigh close to 30 pounds. The combination of all three made it quite the workout.
On Thursday, Daddy took the morning off so we could do something fun.
This is me reading to my ducky friends at Grandmom's house.
Looking cute after a bath.
If you wonder why I like going to Grandmom's house, just check out this cupcake! To that I say "MMMMMMMMM hommmmmy" (hommy is my word for yummy)
The next day word got out about what I good reader I am, and all of my stuffed animal friends joined in for toddler storytime. Time at Grandmom's is really mostly about having fun, but I did get in trouble this time. I decided it would be fun to pour out Uncle Steve's 20 ounce bottle of water onto the carpet. Steve saw me do it, and told me that we'd have to tell Grandmom about it. I gave Grandmom a really big, snuggly hug to try and remind her about what a sweetheart I am before Steve tattled on me (so much for "cool"Uncle Steve! Hmpf!) I had to clean up the water with a towel, and I did a good job blotting it out of the carpet.What else is new?
- One of my favorite new chores to help with is taking clothes out of the dryer. In fact, as soon as the dryer sings it's little song (our new dryer doesn't buzz, it sings!) saying that the clothes are done, I immediately run into the laundry room yelling "Dryer done!! Help Mommy!!" It doesn't matter what I'm doing, I will drop everything to take the clothes out of the dryer. Mommy hopes this enthusiasm for helping with laundry continues into my teenage years.
- I'm starting to ask a lot more questions. One morning when Mommy got me up I asked her, "Is Daddy home?" He wasn't as he goes to work pretty early. When I see a picture of myself I ask, "Is that me?"
- I make my parents laugh at the funny things I say. When we go on long car rides I get to watch movies. This week we borrowed Dora and the Snow Princess from the library and it's one of my favorites. When Daddy said I could watch princess I said, "Oh boy Mommy Daddy!"
I'll leave you with two funny videos from this weekend. One is me using Steve's phone and a fun "app" that repeats back what you say. The other one is me playing with my new chickee.
Very stylish with the pink bow! Cute!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe we'll have to check out Clifford on Tuesday with ya. . . Cal loves "Clippord" right now.